Introduction

Discussions on various methods of metal detecting ...

Introduction

Post Number:#1  Postby Prospector1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:51 am

II would like to introduce myself. My name is Glen H. I live in N.W. Arkansas, in the city of Springdale. Since I am interested in metal detecting and could NOT find an introduction thread, I decided to post here. I am interested in learning all I can on metal detecting and also finding someone from here in this same area to possibly teach me the ropes. I am currently a full time student at NorthWest Technical Institute in Springdale taking a drafting course. Will graduate in June. Its hard to be in school at the age of 53!! (54 in April) Will be getting a good detector around the 3rd week of March, GTI-2500 with Treasure Hunter Pro package. I am interested in any info on the caves in this area, legends of same, and any old maps ranging from Mt Home, Ar west, and from Mo border to I-40 south.Also a member of the Gold Prospectors Association of America. Membership runs out in 3 days from this post but will be renewing it.
So, IF anyone has ANY info I seek, please feel free to contact me @ shorty_41_47@yahoo.com This is my current e-mail address and will try my best to answer all who write!! Thanks for Everything in advance, and GREAT Hunting to ALL!!
Prospector1

Re: Introduction

Post Number:#2  Postby Tanelorn » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi,

Good luck with the metal detecting. I am also interested in metal detecting let me know what kind of detector you got and how well it works.

Take care,

Daniel
Nestradetu@Hotmail.com
"Pack it in, pack it out. Keep our wilderness pristine."
Tanelorn

Post Number:#3  Postby KsTHer » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:44 pm

prospector1, I believe that we exchanged emails a while back. Perhaps it was on LostTreasure.com forum. Have you checked into the United States Treasure Atlas by Thomas P Terry? There are a lot of stories, ghost towns, etc. listed.

ksTHer aka Ron
KsTHer

Post Number:#4  Postby Dusty Cat » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Prospector1 wrote:II would like to introduce myself. My name is Glen H. I live in N.W. Arkansas, in the city of Springdale. Since I am interested in metal detecting and could NOT find an introduction thread, I decided to post here. I am interested in learning all I can on metal detecting and also finding someone from here in this same area to possibly teach me the ropes. I am currently a full time student at NorthWest Technical Institute in Springdale taking a drafting course. Will graduate in June. Its hard to be in school at the age of 53!! (54 in April) Will be getting a good detector around the 3rd week of March, GTI-2500 with Treasure Hunter Pro package. I am interested in any info on the caves in this area, legends of same, and any old maps ranging from Mt Home, Ar west, and from Mo border to I-40 south.Also a member of the Gold Prospectors Association of America. Membership runs out in 3 days from this post but will be renewing it.
So, IF anyone has ANY info I seek, please feel free to contact me @ shorty_41_47@yahoo.com This is my current e-mail address and will try my best to answer all who write!! Thanks for Everything in advance, and GREAT Hunting to ALL!!

Don't just limit yourself to the mining claims of the GPAA or caves. There is treasure in your own back yard. As an avid detectorist i have had some wonderful finds, in my opinion, from the backyards in my neighborhood. I've found items ranging from military pins and awards, silver coins, gold and silver rings, not to mention costume jewelry and toys. I even found a wooden nickle while detecting once, no not with my machine but just being observant while detecting. The trick is to use your machine often and learn what it's characteristics are in various soils and soil conditions. Factory recommended settings are fine for most applications except discrimination. I've found by using factory settings to discriminate out pull tabs that you miss many war nickles and gold rings as they fall into the same detection area of your machine no mater the brand.

Good luck and have fun.
Dusty Cat

Return to Metal Detecting