strange ocean floor finding

Discussions of Atlantis art and related items ... fact or fiction?

strange ocean floor finding

Post Number:#1  Postby hogheavenfarm » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:56 pm

After watching a special on the Bermuda Triangle that concerned itself with magnetic anomalies, I caught a quick reference to the latitude and longitude where they claimed to observe the compass going crazy, which was just west of Bermuda, in the Atlantis region.
Loading up an old seafloor mapping application (GeoMapApp), I punched in these coordinates and was very shocked to discover what appeared to be a pyramid like shape on the seafloor. The application colors the depth, which appears to be about 3000-4000 feet down. I remember measuring it, but not sure what I got (this was several years ago), I think it was 5 (miles?) square or 5, 000 feet square, some unit of 5 is all I remember. After examining it for a few days, I realized it could also be a square wall with two main streets at right angles, instead of a pyramid shape. It also appears to show a road(?) leading out from the bottom.
I recently ran across these screen shots I took and decided to post them here to see what anybody thinks.
I did find the application again, and reloaded the latest and greatest version into my laptop here, but could not find the structure again. The pictures were snapped in 2007 originally. Maybe someone knows some better applications to use to relocate this structure?
Anyway, here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.
If you cannot see the coords, its at 32 10 N , 63 30 W.
Attachments
mod3.jpg
closest I can blow it up without losing it
mod3.jpg (98.32 KiB) Viewed 3200 times
mod2.jpg
detail showing the interior lines barely visible
mod2.jpg (117.98 KiB) Viewed 3200 times
Mod1.jpg
a shot of the general area
Mod1.jpg (102.83 KiB) Viewed 3200 times
The study of probabilities and statistics simply proves that NOTHING is impossible...
hogheavenfarm

Re: strange ocean floor finding

Post Number:#2  Postby hogheavenfarm » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:48 pm

quick update
I spent today searching with the new data, and I can say that the structure is still there, although much less defined now. Since this is newer data, it rules out the possibility of an imaging artifact. Still searching for some better seafloor data in this area.
new pic of the area follows
The study of probabilities and statistics simply proves that NOTHING is impossible...
hogheavenfarm

Post Number:#3  Postby hogheavenfarm » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:54 pm

oops, sorry, lost the pic.trying again
Attachments
revisit embossed small.jpg
revisit embossed small.jpg (67 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
hogheavenfarm

Post Number:#4  Postby badluck101 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Looking at the pictures you have up there, there are a few places that look interesting though. Not that I have any experience in the matter, because I don't. Looking at what you are pointing out, to the untrained eye,it all looks very interesting.
badluck101

Post Number:#5  Postby hogheavenfarm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:04 am

There are some very interesting features on the seafloor in this area. Unfortunately there are only a few high resolution swaths through the area, one is visible crossing right to left underneath the arrow, going towards Bermuda. I did find two more smaller square images to the northeast of the arrow, but was unable to process them with any better resolution. I will keep working on improving the resolution by using different overlay data, maybe I will get lucky and find a set that works.
The last picture of the new data was processed using photoshops embossing function , which made it a bit clearer, but removes the color information.
hogheavenfarm

Post Number:#6  Postby hogheavenfarm » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Heres another one. This wasnt my find, I actually saw it on you-tube, then went looking myself. This is further east than my other pics, and much,much more massive in scale.
Attachments
31152415sm.jpg
31152415sm.jpg (194.19 KiB) Viewed 3132 times
hogheavenfarm

Post Number:#7  Postby badluck101 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:44 pm

How about that...amazing
badluck101

Post Number:#8  Postby anise76 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:44 pm

Amazing!! Wish someone would go explore it....
Anything's Possible
anise76

Post Number:#9  Postby lone77star » Sat May 10, 2014 9:02 pm

Fascinating and frustrating.

The last picture looks like one which later proved to be parallel artifacts of the scanning process; i.e. nothing there. But your first doesn't look like the same type of imaging artifact.

What's fascinating about ocean floor archaeology is that few scientists show any interest. They don't want to be caught being associated with the "A" word (Atlantis). Careers and egos are such fragile things. Those dainty scientists might not get any funding if caught dabbling in such things. Leave it to stalwart amateurs to make brazen discoveries like this one.

Speaking of Atlantis, I wonder if your original "object," if a real structure, was an outpost of Atlantis back in the day. I don't know of any easy geological function to explain such a structure. At least with the Gibraltar to Azores stretch, there's a tectonic plate boundary to explain past island building (see Geology of Atlantis).
lone77star

Post Number:#10  Postby hogheavenfarm » Mon May 12, 2014 10:22 am

I had initially assumed it was an imaging artifact, but the Geomapp app allows selections of multiple scans and isolated ones. Its on every scan. Even the updated programs still show it, although I noticed it is not a clear any longer. This one also was keyed to the magnetic anomaly at the same location. Supporting documentation also comes form the Florida pyramid find, for what it is worth. I am still working with this data and hope to get some new imaging up soon.
hogheavenfarm

Post Number:#11  Postby hogheavenfarm » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:48 am

Here is a revisit of this, using the latest software and data sets.
I had also heard by now the explanation that the UTube video finding at 31-15, 24-15 was an artifact from the scan lines, so I ran the set through the various other datasets available.
The geometric pattern is still present, no matter which datasets one uses. Even magnetic anomoly datasets show it. I am no expert on this in any way, but it seems to me if it was an imaging artifact, it would only be present on that one dataset no?
Also interesting, I was able to chart the scanning from surface, and the scan pattern doesnt resemble the artifact at all, and seems to show quite an interest in the object, as all the converging surface scan patterns seem to show. Something got their interest down there.
I have attached two pics, one showing the undersea bathymetry gravity and magnetic survey data as is, and one with an overlay of the actual path of the data collection routes.
Attachments
scan path of image.gif
Data collection routes
scan path of image.gif (145.72 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
baseline.gif
Baseline image, no route tracing
baseline.gif (131.18 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
hogheavenfarm

Return to Atlantis