9,000 year old Caucasian mummy found in Nevada

Discussions of the mummies and related items ...

9,000 year old Caucasian mummy found in Nevada

Post Number:#1  Postby Newsman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Newsman

Re: 9,000 year old Caucasian mummy found in Nevada

Post Number:#2  Postby vedfrenn » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Very interesting video. This is straight from this video:

Out of respect for the dead this photograph and this drawing are the only two pictures scientists will allow to be publicly displayed...Moyles (a Paiute) believes that the mummy's spiritual journey has been disturbed and that the mummy cannot find peace until the body has been properly reburied...but scientists claim that the mummy is so old that it couldn't possibly be related to the Paiute shoshones...whether or not the scientists ever get to study the mummy is a matter for the government's bureau of land management to decide.

OK - so if I were to rephrase this, this is how it would go:
We (the more-intelligent-than-you) scientists who "respect the dead" will never allow you to see this body but rather we will stow it away in a dark, dusty basement and let the rest of you see a drawing and picture. Instead of meeting the Paiute-shoshones halfway and allow them to have the body to bury in dignity IF they allow us to get our DNA sample, instead we will tie them up in expensive governmental litigation while this mummy, which we respect, sits in a dusty cardboard box hidden from the pathetically ignorant public to be forgotten over time like other artifacts we have taken throughout history. Oh and regardless, we will get that DNA sample - after all we work for big brother.

I am fluent in French because my mother is French and my dad is American and I grew up speaking both but I think I'm also pretty good at translating the "BLM" language. I personally do not believe that the mummy is that old and even IF it is not of Moyles tribe, that mummy deserves to be buried with dignity. I DO believe a DNA sample should be allowed.

So, how did I do?
vedfrenn

Re: 9,000 year old Caucasian mummy found in Nevada

Post Number:#3  Postby Altor » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:38 am

Pretty good Vedfrenn, no arguments here.
Altor

Return to Mummies