Treasures of Utah 15th Anniversery-Event Planning Thread

Posts regarding upcoming road trips and rendezvous ...

Post Number:#1  Postby Randy Bradford » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Posting this here to cross-promote, please refer specific feedback to the thread at the bottom. If you aren't a Treasures of Utah member but would like to offer some input, please feel free to share here or apply for membership at Treasures of Utah!

So my hope is to come out and celebrate with all you fine folks the 15th Anniversary of the Treasures of Utah in style. Last year, we had a wonderful event and for my part I enjoyed the planning that went into it and thoroughly appreciated all of the input, feedback, planning and hard work that everyone did to pull off a great event. This year I really want something special though I worry some as our active membership seems significantly down from last year. I think it's good to get an early start so people can begin planning, especially folks from out of state (and I hope some of you will come from out of state). This is not an exclusive event and I plan to cross-promote heavily with both Ancient Lost Treasures and Facebook. Things I'd like to start thinking about:

1) When: I was thinking early May, that worked out well last year, and we don't want something to close to the Spring Powwow...not looking to compete with an established event.
2) Where: Obviously this will depend a lot on how many people we anticipate and what we want to do. Folks have always seemed happiest when going places they can do things on their own, but which also offer opportunities for group events.
3) Events: I would like to have one small formal portion to the group, if for no other reason than to share a few words with the group and to maybe pay my respects to a few folks. I had thought maybe a couple of "door prizes" might be cool. Jut thinking out loud here though. I don't want to make anything too rigid, but I would like a nice planned event for folks that might not want to stay an extended time.

This is just a VERY BASIC kick off for what i hope is more discussion. Last year was a blast and I thought all the planning really helped build some excitement for the event we had. Please, any thoughts you have about the above mentioned items, or even thoughts about what you liked/didn't like/wanted to see done differently compared to past events. 15 Years is a big deal, I hope you all share my enthusiasm and vision for a wonderful camp-out and celebration.

Randy Bradford

Planning Thread can be found at:

http://thetreasuresofutah.yuku.com/topic/2328
Randy Bradford

Re: Treasures of Utah 15th Anniversery-Event Planning Thread

Post Number:#2  Postby Terry L Carter » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:20 pm

Randy
when you get a date picked let us know so that we dont schedule an AHRF event the same week. other than that your get together last year was fun. so looking forward to going to another one.
Terry L Carter
Site Admin

Post Number:#3  Postby Randy Bradford » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:53 pm

Terry L Carter wrote:Randy
when you get a date picked let us know so that we dont schedule an AHRF event the same week. other than that your get together last year was fun. so looking forward to going to another one.

Terry, I very much hope AHRF will be a part (and preferably a BIG part) of the festivities. Meanwhile, we had talked about me doing a presentation. My idea is a Fri-Sat camp out...perhaps we can work in a Thursday night presentation in the SLC area? Seems you had a topic in mind not long ago. :)
Randy Bradford

Post Number:#4  Postby Terry L Carter » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Randy the AHRF would love to be a part of it, and yes we really would love to have you do a presentation for us.
Terry L Carter
Site Admin

Post Number:#5  Postby mariamarcove » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:58 am

I appreciate your work.And thanks for sharing this with us.
mariamarcove

Return to Road Trips, Rendezvous & Gatherings