Hello there! I'm casting treasure hunteres for a TV series.

Nothing serious just kick back and have fun shooting the breeze ...

Hello there! I'm casting treasure hunteres for a TV series.

Post Number:#1  Postby treasureTVExpedition » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi there everyone, my name is Colin.

Are you convinced you know where something INCREDIBLE or VALUABLE has been lost - and you just need the funding to go find it?

Whether it's a priceless work of art, a WWII Sherman Tank on an island in the South Pacific, hidden treasure in the Colorado mountains, a barnyard classic Bugati somewhere in Kansas, or more of those Atari video games that's everyones talking about - there is incredible stuff hidden all over the place - and there are passionate people who are convinced they know where these things are, and just need the funding to go out and find them. If you're one of these people, keep reading!

A television production company responsible for nationally televised documentary programs (Nat Geo, Discovery, Travel Channel, etc) is casting for a new TV show - looking for those passionate individuals who are convinced that they know where something amazing is hidden. We don't need to know where you think your treasure is - that's your secret that you've been keeping for a long time! We just want to know what you're looking for and why you think you are the person to find it!

If any of this sounds like you, please reach out to us! We're casting for passionate people with awesome stories who want to take their search for hidden artifacts on camera and in front of the nation!

Our company is called PSG Films, and we have produced over 170 hours of national television programming. e know that there have been television shows made about "treasure hunters" in the past, and that not all of them have been the most genuine, realistic, or accurate portrayals of treasure hunters. This is something we intend to address with our series. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, I'd love to address them. Please feel free to reach out to me here, in this message thread, or by email: colin@psgfilms.com

Thanks for your time, and I'm looking forward to hearing your stories!
treasureTVExpedition

Re: Hello there! I'm casting treasure hunteres for a TV seri

Post Number:#2  Postby Uley Bauer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:40 pm

Howdy again Colin - A few of the adventures on here qualify for museum status &, with some help, should be presented as such. Should you come upon a way to present a 'find' without a causing a problem then I'd like to hear of it. Regards, Uley Bauer
Uley Bauer

Post Number:#3  Postby KsTHer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:55 pm

I agree with Uley Bauer. I'd like to hear it as well.

I am sure that there are some interesting things in the woods. A friend showed me a very old tree with a granny knot tied in one of the branches. Hmmmm.

Looking for a covered mine in the area of a famous lost mine, one guy was prospecting while following a quartz vein into the mountain. He found that the very large boulder that the vein was in was out of its natural place. He believed it could have been part of the mountain in its place until he found that it was indeed placed there and that the whole area had only an inch or two of grass covered dirt covering an area of backfill. The backfill consisted of a lot of broken geodes. Apparently someone had at some time in the distant past covered an area by tossing the loads upon loads of rocks off the back of a carreta. (Spanish mine indicated here.) They then covered the rocks with dirt. Given this clue, the guy surmised that the opening was uphill at least 5 - 10 feet near another boulder. One of his partners began digging in that location and found a void. Was it a mine adit (mine access opening) or possibly a pozo (vent)? Quien sabe? Who knows? For reasons known only to him, he never went back to that same opening. (Trust me, he hasn't forgotten the location.)

In another area of those same mountains, a tree was found bearing the initials of a man famous for having known of possibly several mines and a date on the tree of 1895. The word "oro" was also located on another nearby tree. This man was known to mark trees with his initials in an area where he was suspected of knowing of lost Spanish mines. Many people on this web forum could probably hazard a guess as to the man's identity.

Do I think I will ever open a lost Spanish mine? It is doubtful... or is it? My belief is that I have already found something more valuable than an old Spanish mine. I have found members of this forum and the friendships fostered here have been more than rewarding.

We still have the problem that Uley Bauer mentioned. I can't see too many willing to share very much information. Besides... Trigace would probably know exactly where its located if anyone showed anything.

(Trigace, consider that a sign of respect.) :~d
KsTHer

Post Number:#4  Postby Uley Bauer » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:02 am

The Spaniards made a business out of mining & that's causing a lot of confusion in what and how they were doing. They were good at what they did: making mines, processing ore, cutting rock/boulders, making signs and so on. But who is they?

They are the King, King's agent, miner-agent/entrepreneur, mine worker, code-trail marker, rock carver, King's crew for securing his 20%, trail walkers, .... These are all individual people who are directly involved in the operation which is fifteen by my count and there are more. All of these people are good at their job and some were highly educated. Then we as hikers/adventurers come along, spot some marking or other activity in a remote area and begin wondering what went on here. The confusion is we have no reference to all the above activity that went on for several generations because they didn't want anyone to find the King's 20% or mine.
Uley Bauer

Post Number:#5  Postby bonuntr » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Ahhh......Give up a lifetime of blisters, broken bones, pneumonia, scrapes, bruises, stitches, things going bump in the night, etc. for 15 minutes of fame? (Thanks Andy Warhol) As a 40 year wanderer of America's southwest, I have found many things...are they worth what they took to find them? I do not know, and perhaps never will. I have learned one thing in my wanderings, "Loose lips sink ships". It would be nice if one of the true treasure hunting fold would step forward and submit themselves to the rhetoric of reality TV., but alas, there is far too much "treasure" in the solitude of the wilderness, even if you cannot spend it.
So many mysteries on earth...so little time here...
bonuntr

Post Number:#6  Postby SlideguitarMan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:36 pm

Scott Wolter has already displeased the Treasure Hunting Community with his intrusive
Information Gleaning , and commercializing .

I'm sorry to have to say it , but Commercial Television productions are not welcome by most Hunters
SlideguitarMan

Post Number:#7  Postby sanpet » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:23 pm

These treasures shows leave a lot to be desired. If anything was found that amounted back to history or a big amount of money it would be old news by the time it is aired. So you know at the very start of that new treasure show that they never found anything. :thud: :thud: :thud:
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpet

Post Number:#8  Postby Uley Bauer » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:45 pm

I did talk to the program's director & they had a worthy idea complete with an honest plan. You get the funds to get what you want and they get what they want. It could work on a lighter level that would entertain most viewers. However, no outdoor adventurer wants their territory over-run with jeeps, gangs of well meaning on-lookers & piles of litter, and that is where the hot flashes kick in. A lot of members have reason to believe they are either sitting on something big or close enough to it to even consider letting any camera crew get close. But having said that I wouldn't mind sharing a small find that was funded by someone else. Coming up with a scaled down version of what I've been doing for all these years already seems like a monumental task.
Uley Bauer

Post Number:#9  Postby geogeek » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:18 am

I will talk to you off the record, and give you some direction. I just do not want to see the old Spanish Trail becoming the Idiot Highway.

geogeek
If you can't find your glasses or your keys when you pressed the edge of late, go look in the mirror and open your hands. BTW, do you have oil in and for your lamp?
geogeek

Post Number:#10  Postby KsTHer » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:14 pm

treasureTVexpedition (Colin),

Did you ever get anywhere with this pursuit? Is it dead now?
KsTHer

Return to Shooting the Breeze