Site Admin

Re: Mystery Glyphs of New Mexico

Post Number:#2  Postby Whyte Eagle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Image Courtesy of Terry Carter
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

NM Info

Post Number:#3  Postby bearmtn » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:50 pm

A few years back, we took a lady by the name of Gloria Farley, a fellow researcher of Berry Fell up here. They both came to the conclusion that they may be Humong.
bearmtn

Post Number:#4  Postby Whyte Eagle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:55 pm

That's interesting to know ... a wood board with writing from a group of Hmong individuals was found at one of the sites in Utah ... you can read the story of it at http://www.MysteryGlyphs.com ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#5  Postby SteveNM46 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:55 pm

The location of this particular set of carvings (west edge of Silver City, NM) was chosen to form a nearly perfect 45/45/90 triangle on cardinal coordinates with two other monumental landmarks in the area (14.5 mile-long hypotenuse). This triangle contains other perfect triangles inside itself at key geometrical nodes, all designated by other man-made signs. It's my opinion that the symbols used for the carvings, whether 'Egyptian', 'Hmong', etc. contain no messages per se, but are only used because they are easily recognized by those who are seeking them. If I had the resources, I would be mapping the location of similar panels (a couple dozen have been found) in relation to other regional landmarks, carvings, etc.

The Hmong board may have been used by the carvers as a guide or template. It's my opinion that these carvings were done within the past 100 years, very possibly in the 1930's.
SteveNM46

Post Number:#6  Postby Kanabite » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:56 pm

Kanabite

google book

Post Number:#7  Postby Kanabite » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:59 pm

Kanabite

Post Number:#8  Postby Whyte Eagle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:00 pm

Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Triangles

Post Number:#9  Postby bearmtn » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:00 pm

Interesting theory Steve. I can think of a few landmarks that may tie in around P.A., and will add map cave and the kneeling nun in for good measure. Could you divulge why you think they were done in the 30's? If it was by a local, I or my family knew most of them around during those times.
bearmtn

Post Number:#10  Postby SteveNM46 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:01 pm

Bear Mtn, these carvings and the nun (due east) define the long leg of the triangle. You can probably figure out where the third point is.

Across the west at many locations in the 1930's, there was much activity related to major 'buried treasures'. In fact, that's when a number of 'legends' were 'invented' and the locations of important carvings and other clues became known to a fresh generation of searchers. The Silver City area was no exception - as you know, there was lots of new activity in the '30's centering around Map Cave, Pictured Rocks and elsewhere in the area. It's my opinion that the carvings pictured at the top of this thread were created then, probably not by a local. Of course, I could be wrong.

By the way, a fresh flurry of activity in the same area surfaced in about 1980 with the late S.H. and others. Time to refresh a new generation of locals with the locations of the clues and the legends that surround them perhaps?
SteveNM46

Return to New Mexico