Iberian writings found in America

Discussions pertaining to miscellaneous ancient writings ...

Iberian writings found in America

Post Number:#1  Postby Stonecrest » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:09 pm

The limestone tablet, pictured, was unearthed in June of 2014, approximately 24" down. The ground is pH neutral and is typically shallow(30-40in.) over solid rock. The tablet is approximately 9.5in.X9.5in. the symbols are 1"X1.5". there are fourteen characters and two pictograms(one helmeted man), facing left and a griffin springing left below the helmeted man.
I have matched twelve of the fourteen symbols to known Iberian duality writing. The direction of the stylus in making each symbol is clear. I believe the ink to be gall. As gall ink is acidic and limestone a base, they buffer each other and the ground being of neutral pH would preserve this piece in near pristine condition.
It is my contention that the three symbols resembling the numeral '5' are the earliest evidence of the alchemy symbol for lead. This would be reinforcement for the three stages for the process of lead ore. Both objects were found in an old lead, copper and zinc mining region. Using the style of helmet and artistic rendition of the griffin, I would place the date of origin at approximately 700-300BCE. Leaning toward the latter date of the scale.
The terracotta seal is raised relief and I have identified two Iberian symbols, the 's' is solely Iberian in design. The effigy of the standing deity with possible animal(s) at it's feet are still a mystery to me.
I asked myself why there would be a tablet left behind and found the Iberians to not only be literate but also well versed in agriculture, mining and metallurgy. Hmm!
The reason for the seal? I don't believe they would have used a seal for a single mining camp identification alone, from a far off country. But, perhaps there were numerous mining camps in this region. My location is adjacent to a 55 mile military ridge trail, which parallels a river 11 miles to the north. I live 11 miles due south of the southernmost bend of this river before it turns west and parallels the river. I also live adjacent to the military ridge trail. I know of a copper mine within three miles and a lead mine within two miles of my home.

I would sure like to see comments on my find and welcome any expert source information to solve the rest of these pieces.
Attachments
IMGA0021.JPG
Limestone tablet
IMGA0021.JPG (516.76 KiB) Viewed 266 times
IMGA0003.JPG
terracotta seal
IMGA0003.JPG (312.64 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Stonecrest

Re: Iberian writings found in America

Post Number:#2  Postby Uley Bauer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:16 pm

These writings (markings) have been discussed by Berry Fell in his books. Seems European people have been coming over here all through prehistory, so finding many of their symbols should not be surprising. Our history literature doesn't have the capacity to include any of their activities. Maybe the next generation will find an expanded history that includes this prehistory.
Uley Bauer

Post Number:#3  Postby mahalla22 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:27 pm

Thank you for sharing your photos. Some of the images are similar to ones I have seen in SE WA State. Remember though once you have taken artifacts out of their original location you have also taken away the possibility of a true identification. Scott Wolter has written a new book (Akhenaten To the Founding Fathers) that you might like to read. Akhenaten was an ancient Egyptian pharoah and images from their writing systems amongst others can be found all across America.
mahalla22

Post Number:#4  Postby Stonecrest » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:49 am

mahalla22 wrote:Thank you for sharing your photos. Some of the images are similar to ones I have seen in SE WA State. Remember though once you have taken artifacts out of their original location you have also taken away the possibility of a true identification. Scott Wolter has written a new book (Akhenaten To the Founding Fathers) that you might like to read. Akhenaten was an ancient Egyptian pharoah and images from their writing systems amongst others can be found all across America.

The ground had been disturbed, because of the garage that was built in 1962. I'm sure the owners at that time had no idea. I'm not sure how far the area was disturbed, but I believe the tablet and seal were included in the backfill.
I'll continue digging at the site this spring and see what else is there. It seems the local University and Museum academics could care less, so I'll dig and keep track of locations myself.
Stonecrest

Post Number:#5  Postby Stonecrest » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:14 am

I believe I have found the purpose behind the helmeted man. This shows the use of safety equipment while mining. Please see the attachment. It's from the 5th century BC ceramics made by the Greeks(whom also inhabited the Iberian peninsula prior to Roman occupation.
Note the protective cheek piece and how the helmet conforms to the back of the neck.
The image of the helmet also reinforces the symbols, resembling the numeral five; as being the earliest written example of the alchemy symbol for lead.
I'm still researching to solve other symbols and the dig will continue when the weather will allow me.
Attachments
5th century BC mining...notice head protection..PNG
5th century BC mining...notice head protection..PNG (1.39 MiB) Viewed 163 times
calvary helmet man.PNG
calvary helmet man.PNG (99.39 KiB) Viewed 163 times
Stonecrest

Post Number:#6  Postby mapdowser » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:18 pm

Stonecrest wrote:
mahalla22 wrote:Thank you for sharing your photos. Some of the images are similar to ones I have seen in SE WA State. Remember though once you have taken artifacts out of their original location you have also taken away the possibility of a true identification. Scott Wolter has written a new book (Akhenaten To the Founding Fathers) that you might like to read. Akhenaten was an ancient Egyptian pharoah and images from their writing systems amongst others can be found all across America.

The ground had been disturbed, because of the garage that was built in 1962. I'm sure the owners at that time had no idea. I'm not sure how far the area was disturbed, but I believe the tablet and seal were included in the backfill.
I'll continue digging at the site this spring and see what else is there. It seems the local University and Museum academics could care less, so I'll dig and keep track of locations myself.

mapdowser reply. CONTACT ME. I CAN HELP YOU FIND MORE ANCIENT WRITING IN YOUR AREA. ROBERT.
mapdowser

Return to Ancient Writings