Introduction

A place for new forum members to introduce themselves

Introduction

Post Number:#1  Postby Birdman 1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:18 pm

I have been researching the movement of the Templars here in the US. in 1401 and worked on the Pyramids in Visoko project two years. Any material I can
find to study would be of help. I have studied the Burrows cave stones and found them of value and old. Dowsing is my study..
Birdman 1
Birdman 1

Re: Introduction

Post Number:#2  Postby sanpete » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:57 pm

welcome aboard
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#3  Postby zelph » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:58 pm

Wow!!!! a dowser. Glad you stopped by :") Got a question for you....

Does dowsing work on the same principle as The Strange and Mysterious Ouija Board ?
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Post Number:#4  Postby Igor » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:53 pm

You probably haven't seen a dowser work in the field or you wouldn't ask that question. There's nothing similar about them.

Welcome to the forum Birdman
Igor

Post Number:#5  Postby zelph » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:50 pm

Birdman!!!! don't do this to me :lol: teach me how you do your dowsing :zap:

Pyramids in Visoko

Is that in Wisconsin? ...the pyramid sunk in the lake up there?
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Post Number:#6  Postby Scipio » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:11 pm

I've worked with and met numerous dowsers in my time and travels. Most of em are nuts.

The others have a rare gift and it's a real experience to see them work and later see the consistent results of their surveys.
No magic or ouiji board hocus pocus. It's a real talent and science we cannot see or really understand...like electricity (which may explain a lot).

Morningstar knows exactly what I mean.

And Birdman, Howdy! If and when you're in Utah, I have work for you.
Scipio

Post Number:#8  Postby Morningstar » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Scipio, yes I know exactly what you mean. :) Good answer.

Birdman, welcome to the forum!
~Sakari Morningstar
Morningstar
Site Admin

Post Number:#9  Postby zelph » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:48 am

The "gift" that both of you agree to is of a "satanic origin"

The powers of the adversary are real. ;)
zelph

Post Number:#10  Postby Igor » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:26 am

Everyone is entitled to their own opioion Zelph, but dowsing is based on scientific principle. There's nothing satanic about it, you are really uninformed in the matter it would appear.
Igor

Post Number:#11  Postby zelph » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:24 pm

Igor wrote:Everyone is entitled to their own opioion Zelph, but dowsing is based on scientific principle. There's nothing satanic about it, you are really uninformed in the matter it would appear.

Which scientific principle is that?

Scientists have made tests using a variety of people that say they are dowsers. The greater percentage never pasted the test. The ones that did were said to have found the underground pipe or what ever it was, by "chance"

I agree with you about opinions, we all have them....I say "Satanic". Just sayin :~d

Where is Birdman???? :?
zelph

Post Number:#12  Postby Igor » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:35 pm

You sound like you might be from Salem, "We don't understand it so therefore it must be witchcraft, burn the witch!" or in your case satanic. "Let's blame our ignorance on witchcraft!"

To follow in your vague example of so called "Scientists" debunking dowsing, scientists also say that evolution is fact http://www.notjustatheory.com/

Scientists say a lot of things, but that doesn't mean they are always right.
Igor

Post Number:#13  Postby zelph » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Igor wrote:You sound like you might be from Salem, "We don't understand it so therefore it must be witchcraft, burn the witch!" or in your case satanic. "Let's blame our ignorance on witchcraft!"

To follow in your vague example of so called "Scientists" debunking dowsing, scientists also say that evolution is fact http://www.notjustatheory.com/

Scientists say a lot of things, but that doesn't mean they are always right.

Igor, your drifting away from the topic of dowsing. Give us something scientific on dowsing. :D

Where is Birdman when you need him?
zelph

Post Number:#14  Postby Hair » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:47 am

Welcome to Birdman. I hope you don't get scared off by the comments here! We are glad you have joined us.
Hair

Post Number:#15  Postby Igor » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:46 am

Hair wrote:Welcome to Birdman. I hope you don't get scared off by the comments here! We are glad you have joined us.

Yes I agree don't leave because of my account, I would like to hear what you have to say about the Templars in America.
Igor

Post Number:#16  Postby Scipio » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:21 am

zelph wrote:The "gift" that both of you agree to is of a "satanic origin"

Agreed (about the powers of the adversary being real). By what means does one discern the origin of a power or "gift"?

I know a fellow who can speak 7 languages fluently, it just seems to come to him. Some say it's a gift. It must be of "satanic origin", don't you think?

I have a daughter who is on course to finish high school in a few months with a perfect 4.0, never having received a grade lower than an A in her life. Some say it's a gift. It must be of "satanic origin", don't you think?

I've read the writings of James Talmage (perhaps you've heard of him). He was, by all accounts an extremely intelligent and gifted individual. It must be of "satanic origin", don't you think?

Wolfgang Mozart composed, with ease, some of the most beautiful music ever conceived. His ability was credited as a gift. It must be of "satanic origin", don't you think?

Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, John Browning, Michael Faraday, Michelangelo, Scipio Kid and many others have been assessed by society as gifted geniuses. It must be of "satanic origin", don't you think?

MIck Jagger is a famous Rock Star. It must be of "satanic origin", don't you think? (I certainly do.)

By what means do you come to the conclusion that a gift, mentioned in passing, is of "satanic origin"? You must possess an amazing power of discernment, perhaps a gift ... what is its origin? :?
Scipio

Post Number:#17  Postby Morningstar » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:45 pm

zelph wrote:

The "gift" that both of you agree to is of a "satanic origin"

Zelph, this one is for you.

"The Old Testament account of Moses and his brother Aaron recounted several instances of using rods to manifest God’s will (see Exodus 7:9–12; Numbers 17:8). Many Christians in Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery’s day similarly believed in divining rods as instruments for revelation. Oliver was among those who believed in and used a divining rod.

"The Lord recognized Oliver’s ability to use a rod: “Thou hast another gift which is the gift of working with the sprout [or rod].” Confirming the divinity of this gift, the revelation stated: “Behold there is no other power save God that can cause this thing of Nature to work in your hands for it is the work of God.” From History.lds.org

By the way, "Dowsing is based on the principle of radiesthesia, the science of detecting radiation given off by all minerals, even though they are beyond the limitations of normal perception. Each mineral emits radiation of a particular wave length, which is intercepted by the operator through his dowsing rod." Dowsing is a very old science.
~Sakari Morningstar
Morningstar
Site Admin

Post Number:#18  Postby Scipio » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:13 am

Well said, Young Lady,
Another reason we all love you. Certainly, there is science behind the art, gift, skill of dowsing, witching, divining or whatever terms you choose to use in describing it. The negative connotation of the term “witching” is in concert with your assertion the skill is of “evil origin”. I however, having seen the skill in action numerous times, agree with Mornignstar. This is of science, not voodoo. But, I’d submit it’s an inexact science simply because we, in our extremely limited capacity, don’t fully understand it. Throughout history, mankind has often resorted to vilifying anything beyond our comfort sphere or understanding. Will we never grow further? If we’re going to vilify something, let’s vilify science. Or, I should say, the faulty or fake science mankind has promulgated, out of ignorance, stupidity and vanity. The only sure thing about science is that it will certainly change; today’s facts and truth are often tomorrow’s scorns and jokes, as they are so routinely proven wrong by new discoveries and better methods.

Electricity was thought to be of “evil origin” for eons by the ignorant and by science until more was discovered about it. If indeed it once was evil, then it still is today (and you definitely shouldn’t be using it to power your computer, phone, home, car, blender or fish aquarium).

In his research and ponderings, Albert Einstein revealed fascinating details into the thought processes he used in formulating his postulations. He mentioned, on more than one occasion that he, rather than inventing or conjuring up his ideas, began by thinking how God did … whatever it was he (Einstein) was trying to uncover. He had a predisposition that all knowledge and intelligence was possessed of a divine, exalted being, and we, in our puny powers of understanding were blessed to be able to discover and uncover bits and pieces of those pre-existing truths. His genius was in the knowledge he wasn’t creating anything, he was simply uncovering (eternal) truths mankind had never before understood. He was right.

Ignorance or incomplete understanding of a science, a truth, does not make it evil. How pathetic are we to think such?

I pity those who cling to science and oppose the things of God simply because their science stands in disagreement with what religion teaches. Are we so close-minded we can’t explore beyond our current state and understanding and become just a little more enlightened? Had mankind clung to (what was once accepted as) scientific truth, the world would still be flat and the Lamanites would be running this country.

True science is in complete agreement with true religion. The misunderstanding of both is at the core of the conflict that suggests the two stand in opposition. They don’t. Faulty science, often born of egotistical, arrogant minds stands in conflict with faulty religion, also born of egotistical arrogant minds. Arrogance and ego are of “satanic origin”.

In our simple minds we often assign our limitations to God (a stupid thing to do). He isn’t limited as we are. He has command of laws, (sciences) we have no inkling even exist, much less an understanding of. Case in point; Benjamin Franklin was, in his time, considered a brilliant individual. However, his stunt with the kite and the key was absolutely asinine, and should have killed him. He simply didn’t know then what we know now, about electricity. He had no conception of the immense power he was toying with. Even today, we congratulate ourselves for having harnessed electricity to our betterment yet we use it at a fraction of its true potential and in reality, understand very little about it. We (with Ben Franklin) still haven’t harnessed the power of lightning. We’ve just gained a healthy respect for it.

When God grants a gift, it isn’t some hocus pocus, it’s science, just purer science than we understand. That doesn’t mean we cannot or should not use it. God’s gifts are for the betterment of his children. When Christ walked on water, healed the sick, discerned the thoughts of others, ascended to heaven, etc, etc, it wasn’t by trickery or subterfuge. It was by the application of sciences, powers, and truths with which he was familiar, and had fully mastered. Things we, in our fallen state, simply cannot comprehend. However, we can transcend faulty science and rely on faith, which is simply a belief in things that are not seen, but are true. In doing so we gain, among other things, enlightenment, understanding and peace. Sadly, our faith is often placed in things that are not true, (faulty) science or the edicts and theories of man, for instance. Therein lies confusion, frustration and danger. There is nothing Satan loves more than convincing a man or a people they are following God when in reality, they are vainly following him. Their rewards are self-centered and egotistical. The earmarks and rewards of one who loves and follows God are selflessness, humility and true peace. Pondering and Evaluating often, wherein our hearts lie is of immense and eternal consequence, don’t you think?
Scipio

Post Number:#19  Postby Morningstar » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:29 am

Very well said, Scipio.
I wish I could write as eloquent as you. You truly have a wonderful gift, my friend.
~Sakari Morningstar
Morningstar
Site Admin

Post Number:#20  Postby Scipio » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Thank you. Too bad you said I have a gift ... it might be of evil origin. Dang!

Hope you and your's are happy and well. Missed your symposium last week (I think it was last week anyway). My wife and I were almost able to break away and come see you but, as usual, life got in the way. You just keep symposiosizing and one day, I'll get to hear you (and you me. I always join in with unsolicited and usually unwanted questions, comments, commentary, outbursts and sometimes, animal noises.) I'll keep you on your toes.
Scipio

Return to Introductions