very mysterious site

Discussions focused on the Ancient Cultures of North American ...

very mysterious site

Post Number:#1  Postby mahalla2 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Hello everyone - Recently I visited a Native American site here in the Northwest that I have actually been to several times before but had never noticed what appeared to be several subtle and rather strange/out of place carvings on boulders in and around the caves (they all kind of blend in naturally with the surroundings). What I now believe to have seen (and I know this sounds strange) was perhaps an ancient ceremonial/ritual site with both pagan (perhaps Greek or ?) and very early Christian images (angel, lamb & lion) that were carved into the rock. Being the only one there at the time, I did take several photos (enhanced the brightness/contrast so the images would show up more clearly) to post if anyone is interested.

mahalla2
The Beauty of Our Ancient Past is "Hidden in Plain Sight"
mahalla2

Re: very mysterious site

Post Number:#2  Postby gldnlady » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:58 pm

I'm always interested in seeing new photos. If you get the opportunity to post them.....Thanks !

gldnlady
gldnlady
(Shawnee)
gldnlady

Post Number:#3  Postby KsTHer » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:36 am

Mahalla2,

By all means, post the pics. Many of us will never get the opportunity to get to the site. You have brought up a very interesting topic which is being talked about more and more of late. How old do you believe the carvings to be? Are they very old with a lot of patina? Are they perhaps only a few hundred years old? If they are very old... they may be of great interest. Were the angel, lamb & lion as old as the other symbols or are they much newer? If much newer, then there should be a lighter patina on them in comparison. If not much difference in the patina, that would tell a different story.

One thing is certain, you are taking time to observe things in a different way. You are discovering new facets about your surroundings. You are a true treasure hunter.

Ron
KsTHer

Post Number:#4  Postby angela25 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:15 am

hey...really nice forum ...thanks for sharing this forum with us ..i feel glad after reading this forum
angela25

Post Number:#5  Postby KsTHer » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:10 am

Welcome to the forum, angela25!
KsTHer

Post Number:#6  Postby Whyte Eagle » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:54 pm

You've got us all curious now mahalla2 ...

Let me know if you need any help in posting the pics ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#7  Postby mahalla2 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi again,

It took me a while to figure out how to create a website for these photos (I have had trouble in the past trying to download a picture onto a discussion board site) I now have downloaded the photos and offered my comments as to what I think some of the subtle carved images are suppose to be. I think this site is most certainly a journey into the past and I would love to know what people's thoughts are - thanks! Here is the link to the website:

http://hinterlandmysteries.mysite.com/index.html

mahalla2
mahalla2

Post Number:#8  Postby gldnlady » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:47 pm

Mahalla2,

Thank-you for sharing your photos. Interesting for sure. I am sorry to see some of it looks vandalized inside the cave. Still it's a beautiful area and possibly the home of some of our ancestors.

gldnlady
gldnlady
(Shawnee)
gldnlady

Post Number:#9  Postby mahalla2 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:49 pm

gldnlady wrote:Mahalla2,

Thank-you for sharing your photos. Interesting for sure. I am sorry to see some of it looks vandalized inside the cave. Still it's a beautiful area and possibly the home of some of our ancestors.

gldnlady

yes, there is some vandalism but mostly confined to one of the smaller caves (there are seven altogether) Even the initials and symbols are somewhat interesting to me though because it looks as if many have been there a very long time. I personally think this site has a very diverse history over a very long period of time that definitely includes the presence of Native people.

mahalla2
mahalla2

Post Number:#10  Postby mahalla2 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:53 pm

This website will be viewable to the public until 12/23 - thanks!

mahalla2
mahalla2

Post Number:#11  Postby KsTHer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:40 am

Mahalla,

It's a pity you are taking the page down. I finally managed to view it at home as I can't access it from work (it is blocked).

The photos are awesome. Thanks.

Ron
KsTHer

Post Number:#12  Postby mahalla2 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:04 pm

KsTHer wrote:Mahalla,

It's a pity you are taking the page down. I finally managed to view it at home as I can't access it from work (it is blocked).

The photos are awesome. Thanks.

Ron

Thanks Ron - okay, instead of taking down the pages at this time, I will add the new photos I have taken onto an additional page (interesting old objects from the Northwest that I believe could have a connection to this mystery site) and they should be available to view sometime in the next couple of weeks.

mahalla
mahalla2

Post Number:#13  Postby KsTHer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:33 pm

Thanks, Mahalla!

The site has some very good pictures. You have presented it very well.

Ron
KsTHer

Post Number:#14  Postby mahalla2 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:27 pm

KsTHer wrote:Thanks, Mahalla!

The site has some very good pictures. You have presented it very well.

Ron

Thanks Ron - And here is a link for additional photographs (unusual old metal objects) that I have acquired over the years within a 100 mile radius of this site. Maybe it's just me but typically they don't seem to fit in (in any way) with the traditional history here in this area.

http://hinterlandmysteries.mysite.com/photo.html
mahalla2

Post Number:#15  Postby KsTHer » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Mahalla,

Those are some awesome finds. There is a lot of history there for sure. I consider myself fortunate to find the occasional coin or horse shoe / mule shoe. I look mostly for civil war relics near here. The closest area had to do with Price's Raid, and the battle of Mine Creek.

Thanks for posting.

Ron
KsTHer

Return to North American