KGC Today .....

Discussions focusing on the Knights of the Golden Circle ...

TH intro

Post Number:#26  Postby Flintsteel » Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:47 am

Hello. I am a researcher and am able physically for t h, but I would like advice for the beginner if anyone has any here it'd be appreciated and returned in full.
Flintsteel

The Sentinel

Post Number:#27  Postby Zies8 » Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:11 pm

Hey Hillbillie Bob; What would it take to get a signed copy of your new book.
Considering that I havn't read your book yet, would yet let me make a few observations. For one, the KGC according to Jesse III have left caches in fifteen states.

Jesse III says the treasure symbols appear to be every-
where. ~I've observed them in Missouri, Illinois, Ohio,
Iowa, Minnesota, the Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon, Idaho, Washington and even Florida."

What would motivate them to spread themselves that thin? I would have to understand that motivation before I could accept the fifteen state thing.
Another thing that doesnt really make sense to me is the motivation that the KGC would have to have to do all of this. Im sure I think differently than they did but the confederate platform was thus; ( correct me if I am wrong)- To protect the right to the slave trade. Isnt that it? The KGC were hoarding a reserve that would finance the continuation of the civil war. That reserve would be (according to Jesse III) placed far and wide over fifteen states ( not in a contigious manner ). IMHO this does not fly. The financial backing would have to be horrendous!! The groups following would have to be cult like. The system of placement would be devised on a reproducable system of mapping and symbolism that would be privy the leaders of how many groups of qualified surveyors?
Maximmillion (was it Maximillion that they rescued in south america?) must have donated to the group and not just to Jesse. Or did Jesse use his money to help finance the operation?
THe scope of operation just seems to not jibe with practicallity. I mean they didnt have a Hummer that they could get in and go out and do all of this. How long did the civil war last? At what point did these guys decide that the objective was no longer the same? Or did the objective remain the same?
I have heard tell that the KGC became the KKK. If that is true then the story gets more and more intriguing.
Zies8

Symbols; KGC? TEMPLAR? SPANISH?

Post Number:#28  Postby Zies8 » Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:30 pm

pak02.pictures.aol.com/NA...nalization

Whyte; how do you make the images appear opened?
Zies8

Re: Symbols; KGC? TEMPLAR? SPANISH?

Post Number:#29  Postby Whyte Eagle » Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:43 pm

I'm not familiar with the AOL photo album ..... but you will probably need to use the root URL of the image instead of the URL to the photo album ..... if you have problems making it happen, you can always email them to me or palce them on your website and use the root URL from there .....
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

ouachita treasure consulting

Post Number:#30  Postby Digger » Thu May 01, 2003 12:33 am

Mr. Bob......sure would like yer opinion on the supposed KGC map rock on the adjoined thread Is This a KGC Map? I enjoyed what you had to say at Defays...... 8-8

Digger (KGC Illiterate) ;=)
Digger

on subject...I hope!

Post Number:#31  Postby Unregistered User » Thu May 01, 2003 1:36 am

Digger, I too, enjoyed the visit at Defa's. Met some really nice people and would do it again in a heartbeat.

The map you are asking about appears to have many of the same type of symbols as are found on most KGC panels. I examined the pic under very high resolution and it appears that some of the lines are not carved under the chalking or, at least, are very faint. Usually KGC carvings are artistic and unless severely weathered will be distinct.

My best guess would be that this is a KGC panel which may have been altered by someone to prevent it being readily deciphered. Fortunately so few people know the codes and ciphers that its not likely to be counterfit.. After all to fake something you must know the subject very well or a person having the knowledge will know immediately somebody is screwing around.

As for the feller asking about an autographed book, all I can say is I don't sell the books, it belongs to Simon and Schuster.. I get only a piddling amount of price. If you order one and send it to me, of course, I'll sign it.. Or better still bring it to our rendebvous in the Ouachita's this fall and see first hand, why there is such a book. Still, I'm wondering why anyone would want to mess up such a nice book looking book... ;=) lol By the way didn't the co-author and publisher do a great job with an old hillbilly's attempt at writing his story?

Good Luck guys and girls, Hillfolk have an old saying about attaining success, ~Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then." How else could you explain our trivial accomplishments.

Hillbilly
Unregistered User

Thanks Much!

Post Number:#32  Postby Digger » Thu May 01, 2003 1:49 am

By the way.....the pics you have.....there are absolutely no chalk on that panel.....it is done on Grey sediment and it is ~scratched in~ no chiseled....which gives the appearance of chalk.......Jess so's ya know :") .....Thanks again...

Dig
Digger

My mistake...

Post Number:#33  Postby Unregistered User » Thu May 01, 2003 7:07 am

Digger,
I think the word I used was ~appeared to be~ I wasn't doubting your photo in the least. Sure does look like chalk to someone who hasn't seen the panel.

I'm not used to the rubbing or scratching on stone except for pecking with another rock. It must be some really hard stone.. Maybe a form of Graywacke or metamorpized slate. If the panel is very old would their not be some moss or lichen growing over it? I don't know how things like that grow in the high country.

Whyte Eagle just sent me a mail explaining the theroy behind this pane and that confirms my suspicions that the carvings or scratching are authentic but somebody added to the original perhaps trying to throw off those who might have had a chance to decipher it.

That happens quite frequently at these sites. I have been to places where someone carved turkey tracks and turtles all over the area. Guess they didn't know that those signs although commonly found are not found in numbers in any depository. I've even had people try to mess up my mind with stone maps carved with a Dremel Moto Tool.. They do that because I'm truly am a hillbilly and shouldn't be smart enough to tell the difference. Like they alway say I was born in a dark room, but it wasn't just last nite..ha
Regards Amigo
HBB
Unregistered User

Recommended research on t h

Post Number:#34  Postby Flintsteel » Thu May 01, 2003 8:04 am

Hillbilly Bob, I don't want a signed copy of your book until I feel I am of the same par as the other gentlemen on this board especially fellas like Digger II. ;=)

I want to know which books and life experience or studies on treasure hunting and the like, you recommend for the intelligent and able beginner, novice, etc. like myself to read.
Flintsteel

HBB Your Mistake?

Post Number:#35  Postby Digger » Thu May 01, 2003 8:14 am

~appeared to be~???.........Oh........... :~e

Flintsteel.....Same Par?......Golf Sucks! :~O

Any book you can get on the subject.....but take it all with a grain a salt 8-8 .....and git to the hills for hands on experience..... ;=)

Digger
Digger

Re: HBB Your Mistake?

Post Number:#36  Postby lostreasureman » Thu May 01, 2003 10:24 am

hi...hilbilly bob....how ya doin??? -/ Image
Lost Treasureman --
pontiac11@hotmail.com
Lost Treasure Man
pontiac11@hotmail.com

lostreasureman

on digger's map

Post Number:#37  Postby Unregistered User » Thu May 01, 2003 10:58 pm

Alright yall here is a real quick attempt at deciphering of some of the symbols in Diggers mystery panel.

Many of the symbols shown here are also found at treasure sites around the world. In fact this panel fits nicely into several KGC treasure depositories already decipered and tapped. It closely resembles parts of the Lost Dutchman enigma down in AZ. I hate to say read the new book for it sounds like and advertisement, but in this case it is the best way I know to help you understand how the LD was solved. The LD is classic KGC/Knight Templar work, at their finest.

Of course Digger probably doesnt want all this transcribed or he could hold a tent revival at the site when everyone interested got there.. smile. Besides I dont have a clear enough photo to read this in its entirity so here is what I would begin with.

Id group everything confined under the legs of the big A into on set of symbols and read them as a group.

First up, the smiling skull and bones This is a Templar sign and also indicates the higher etchelon of the Society to which the KT answered. You do know the KT, after there supposed demise, ruled the oceans with their fleet-under the Jolly Roger as Pirates so this should not be a surprise. The word POISON as used here is an anagram which descrambled says P.O. SION. Ill let you take that one from here.

Secondly, There is a sheath knife pointing at a blazing star (sun) =major treasure stash. A line from the sun touchs a (Jacobs Ladder) (the ladder should have seven steps, the photo here is not clear enough to count) one for each of the levels of heaven. You have heard of 7th heaven-right? There the streets are paved with gold. (So the ladder leads to treasure) This ladder is sitting on level ground which means (you must climb up) this could be up a steep mountain, bluff or cliff. It might also mean here there is a shaft or well. Again to little detail. Id first look closely a cliff face North of the panel if there is such. Probably no treasure there but more symbols one of which maybe the important one. Just to the right of the ladder is a set of 5 dots in a horizonal v pointing to the left. I would try this as a reverse sign and look for something east of this panel about 1 1/8 mile as the dots used here represent furlongs or 660 feet which is also 10 chains.

Just above these dots and to the right is a pumkin face. Somewhere west? of this place you will find a similar symbol. It is likely huge and may be too big to be seen if you are too close to it. Id bet it is best seen from a few hundred yards to a couple of miles away. Of course I have no idea of the lay of the land where all this is, but if out in wide open spaces the guess is likely correct. If the topography is cluttered and broken with only a short line of sight the jack o lantern my be only a few feet high instead of hundreds.

Maybe Whyte Eagle can post a photo of a face similar to what you should look for if I send him an email photo. I havent learned how to post photos yet to this forum.

In order to keep this short Im going to skip around and tell you some things I think are legit and others Im skeptical of. I will say now that whomever made this panel knew what the signs were but Im not too sure he knew how they should have been arranged to be a true map. As I said in an earlier post, too many of the symbols are fighting each other. Meaning there is no rhymn or reason for them to be placed where they are. This is based on previous experience with these panels. However, I reserve the right to make another analysis after a good pic is shown.

The horses head shows it touching about half a triangle which is probably very important. Just behind the horse is a Tau Cross, often used as to mark treasure sites.

To the right of the T is a bird like figure which is broken in places meaning this is topographic and somewhere are a natural features that will look similar on a topo map. I think this birds feet are upside down Ts and not three toed. Upside down Ts indcate treasure caches that are reached by going from S to N. (See the OKLA Wolf map in Sentinel)

Being paged for breakfast so Ill rush.. I see a heart which is good, at least one warning sign I think. The large phallas symbol which someone called a hat is Templar and could be important here. Way down in the LH corner I see some figures and numbers that might be Rebel code and could give away the section and range where the map overlay would be aligned. This by the way will require the use of the KGC template overlaid on the map to get the true lines to the depository.

Sorry folks gotta goHope this makes sense.. it is not edited or sp checked so have fun.
Hillbilly

Oh! Hi LTM, doing alright if the wife would let me go to the hills today.. but she won't, wants me to plant beans, corn, okra and squash. Already have put out 75 tomato plants and lots of hot peppers.. ask JL about Linda's killer Salsa... :~e
Unregistered User

Re: on digger's map

Post Number:#38  Postby Floyd Mann » Thu May 01, 2003 11:19 pm

SALSA ? We LOVE salsa, Hillbilly !
Thanks for the map interpretation ! You must have a good computer screen, because I can barely make out the symbols---even after you say where they are on the map ! Either that--or I need to clean my glasses ! Ha Ha !!
Have FUN planting that garden today ! I'll think of you ( and have a cold beverage for you ) as I lie on the beach today---catching up on my reading ( it sure piles up ! )FLOYD MANN, 14691 FRONT BEACH ROAD # 8, PANAMA CITY BEACH, FL 32413 FRMPINK@AOL.COM or LostTreasureUSA1@AOL.COM http://www.LostTreasureUSA.com
Floyd Mann

Map symbology

Post Number:#39  Postby Flintsteel » Fri May 02, 2003 12:11 am

They tried to confuse the general searcher with the symbols but it seems there is in any map likely to be a symbol for direction, location, type of treasure and method of marking distance to treasure. I am learning alot already. Thank you Hillbilly Bob and happy planting.

=======

The Giant Compendium
joe3998.tripod.com/thegiantcompendium
Flintsteel

Codes

Post Number:#40  Postby 2Late2Dig » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:22 pm

I'm a third generation TH'r and know that in some areas you have several buriel sites and the codes that go with them. You can easily confuse one with the other. Here in Oklahoma we had plenty of KGC activity. There are a lot of old depressions in the ground at the end of the trail to prove it. They didn't get it all though!
2Late2Dig

did'nt get it all

Post Number:#41  Postby Roger Snow » Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:18 am

Hey 2late
Check it out my friend
No-ONE, got it at all.
The KGC have been placing solid brass bars in hiding spots ever since the Civil war.
They give info to the Family members who fought for the north.
They then send them after the treasure.
The poor slobs dig the BRASS BARS up. which usually means they dug a great big hole.
Then, before the poor slob can cash in on his supposed gold bars find.
Some of the Agents of the KGC grab the sucker and run off with the BRASS BARS,
AND HAVE A BIG OL' BUST OUT GUT CRAMPIN' LAUGH ON THEIR LITTLE " snipe huntin' sucker.
It's the old snipe hunt routine dude !
There is no real gold bars, just brass bars.
and the Game is played on young unsuspecting guy's who are usually very honest and unasuming.
And the Next sucker they wish to play this on is sent to the same hole, he is told that someone else got some of the bars, BUT,,, " THEY DID'NT GET THEM ALL~
and that further down about 17 feet are more bars, the sucker then tries to dig down another 17 feet, and when he gets to about 30 feet he begins to realize he may have been taken for a sucker, which he has been taken for.
The worst type of fun, is that fun that victimizes another person.
You get to a supposed treasure site, and there is an empty hole there, and you sit down and realize you are:
2LATE2DIG !
hey,,, I'm just trying to help
Rog'
p.s. the KGC does this to people who are related to high ranking Union Officers from the civil war, and they also do it to the descendants of southerner's who would not fight on the side of the south during the civil war.
Roger Snow

KGC

Post Number:#42  Postby 2Late2Dig » Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:45 am

I've never dug up a brass bar but the depressions in the ground I've seen have been there for a very long time. You can't even call them a hole do to the weathering that has taken place. I haven't had anyone send me on a snipe hunt either, but I have chanced upon treasure sites by doing a lot of leg work. Dumb luck has played an important role a time or two.
2Late2Dig

KGC

Post Number:#43  Postby Zies8 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:20 pm

Hey 2late; You are a third generation treasure hunter. Welcome to this forum my friend! You could drop a hint or two if you dont mind.
One of the hints that I am looking for would be rgarding the sacred geometry and how to do the math. If you know what I mean....... there are certain numbers that are required to make the math meaningful. Apples cannot be divided by apples if you know what I mean. :~H

E-me zies8@aol.com
Zies8

apples

Post Number:#44  Postby Roger Snow » Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:10 am

The Blue Apples are the twelve Apostles.
We are back.
Roger Snow

KGC

Post Number:#45  Postby 2Late2Dig » Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:38 am

Many of the treasure caches were shuffled around over a 40 to 60 year period. From what I can tell, someone in the group had some knowledge of survey methods. The James brothers were supposedly of KGC origin. Frank and Jesse weren't always together when they made trips into my area to make a cache. My great grandpa wasn't a treasure hunter but he did follow Frank around spying on him while Frank lived in our area in the early 1900's. From what he could tell, Frank seemed to be looking for old land marks and certain trees that were no longer there. He said he would often cover the same ground many times without ever digging. He did find a lot of the smaller road caches though. Many of these were hidden in the middle of a trail at a creek or river crossing. My question is, where did that money go. Frank had befriended a local banker. I guess if Frank was KGC, then the group lasted at least into the early 1900's.
2Late2Dig

KGC

Post Number:#46  Postby 2Late2Dig » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:12 am

The only problem with your story would be the cast iron pot that was in my great grandmothers possesion, until her death in the early 90's, that still had the outlines of coins. This was discarded by Frank along with a handful of old rifle shells. Not to mention the copper map that was found in the 1940's that Frank was looking for but missed. He either couldn't recognize the terrain after so many years or wasn't in on some of these caches. Things change in 20 to 30 years. No drama here, just cold hard facts.
2Late2Dig

Re: KGC

Post Number:#47  Postby Floyd Mann » Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:04 am

NOTE to 2LATE2DIG: Are you actively seeking KGC caches there in Oklahoma ? If so: I assume you have ( or have read ) Steve Wilson's book on Oklahoma treasures. Some good KGC info in that book. SHADOW OF THE SENTINEL and JESSE JAMES WAS ONE OF HIS NAMES also have good Oklahoma KGC info. I have several waybills and maps for Oklahoma. Write me personally if you care to share info. Good Luck in your searches !FLOYD MANN, 14691 FRONT BEACH ROAD # 8, PANAMA CITY BEACH, FL 32413 FRMPINK@AOL.COM or LostTreasureUSA1@AOL.COM http://www.LostTreasureUSA.com
Floyd Mann

Adam-Ondi-Ohman

Post Number:#48  Postby kenjmor » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:42 pm

There is a long story about this place I can tell you
email me at kenjmor@msn.com
Ken
kenjmor

Adam-ondi-Ahman

Post Number:#49  Postby Unregistered User » Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:57 am

Hey Ken, let's hear it, I live 45 minutes from there and have been thinking of taking my detector out there and to Far West. Definitely want to know, especially with what I know of some of the more private history of the place. Thanks.
Unregistered User

Ya just gotta love it

Post Number:#50  Postby 2Late2Dig » Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:20 pm

Don't you just love it when someone finds a cache of kgc weapons, but don't bother to look for the money cache. It pays to listen to the old timers!
2Late2Dig

PreviousNext

Return to Knights of the Golden Circle (KGC)