Lost Adams Diggings

Discussions focused on the locations in North America ...

Lost Adams Diggings

Post Number:#1  Postby Softy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:28 am

A guy named Springfield {SteveNM} posted this on Tnet.com,,,I'm going to do something with it as I get time... fer now enjoy,,,,he might be on to sumptin....

1) Lost Adam's reply to all.....
October 10, 1999 at 08:49:03

It been brought to my attention by several members of GCR that another discussion on the Lost Adam's was being waged on this forum and that my name was mentioned in connection with the story. About a year ago I replied to another message concerning this story,and explained what Golden Circle Research's team efforts have revealed on it. If memory serves me correctly some of those who visit this forum thought my reply amusing and the ramblings of some nut. True I didn't reveal all GCR has learned on the subject and won't now either, but I would like to help some of you understand the reason this story is important as a treasure lead but not but is not exactly true.

The KGC used hundreds of stories similar to the Lost Adam's Tale to record the locations of treasure depositories throughout North America. These stories are fictional accounts of real situations and events, but are presented so that anyone not a member of the organization would take them literly. The facts in the stories are given as riddles or in forms of code. It is my belief that The Lost Adam's story originates from a Secret Confederate Mission carried out in 1864 by Capt. Cole Younger of Quantrel's KGC ~Missouri Knights Gallant~. Some of the story is related in the autobiography of Cole Younger and some in correspondence between KGC members during the 1920's. What apparently occurred is this: In about 1862 the Confederate Navy had contracted with English shipyards to build, for it, two ironclad warships.

Due to the blockade of all Southern ports the ships were to be delivered to the Rebs on the West Coast. In May 1864 KGC Capt. Cole Younger and a Co. of about 300 Rebs were ordered West to CO in order to steal all the gold they could from the CO goldfield and also destroy the telegraph wires between the East and West. After raiding several places and wagon trains in CO Cole and Co. headed south down the Rio Grande to El Paso. The Rebs may have been headed for Mexico with their spoils. Here, we must remember that the KGC and the Confederacy were already making contingency plans for what they would do after the war was over and those plans included Mexico. The KGC at that time had allied with Maximillian in Mexico. Before entering Mexico the Rebs were met at the Rio Grande by a KGC agent with new orders.

(Notice that this turnaround could be the origin of the Horsehead Canyon Treasure story in Texas, if the Rebs had gold that needed to be dropped because of the change of orders) This is where the Adam's story and Cole Younger's become very similar. Cole and a KGC agent, he called Kennedy, with twenty men headed for the West Coast,with wagons, possibly, carrying gold to pay for the ships. Bear in mind now, that this is happening at excatly the same year and month, August 1864, that Adam's said his expedition began. Cole relates a fight with Apaches in almost the exact region where Adams and his boys had the Indian troubles, again, at about the same time. The Indians so mauled the Rebs that the mission to the West was rerouted through Southern NM and Mexico and then by boat up the coast.

Again this would put the Rebs at about the same place Brewer claimed to have arrived at after his fiasco. This goes on and on but maybe I have given you a reason to start looking at the Adam's story differently. Another point to ponder is that oral KGC waybills use code words to identify themselves as such. In both Adam's and Brewer's stories certain words are used that are highly symbolic in KGC lore. Also to explain why some of the Adam's Searchers continued to hunt this loot until their death--may be that they had some knowledge of KGC methods, and probably some of those who took up residence in the area where the loot may be, were probably KGC sentinels. At least their M. O. was very much KGC like. Some background on John Brewer, b. 1848 Owsley Co. KY, was at odds with his family over his sentiments for the South.

Did not serve in either Army, but left home during the war and later settled in the Four Corners area of CO and UT, living and acting very much like a KGC Sentinel guarding a depository. John married an Indian woman, not Ute, as the story goes, but Cherokee, so research shows. Do not confuse this John with his nephew John Brewer b. 1838 also in Owsley Co. In the two accounts of the stories, recall these coincidences(?), Adam's met 20 prospectors, Cole had 20 men besides himself and Kennedy, Adams lost wagons to Indians, Cole lost at least one wagon to the Indians, Survivors of the fight from both Adam's group and Cole's showed up on the Rio Grande in NM. Near where Cole had began his mission!

The Indian fight took place in Central Western NM not far from Ft. Wingate. The Ft. was in Yankee hands which is the reason most of the Rebs decided to pass it by. Adam's showed up at the Fort with a wild story which he had to tell as cover for the Reb operations. That with the one code word, that I'll repeat here,-zigzag canyon-or a lightning bolt like symbol, which has a definite KGC meaning,gives an asute researcher grounds to dig deeper into a KGC connection to the LA story. I would appreciate research data relating to the above.

Incidently the is not edited and will likely contain topos and errors, it is written off the top of my head and dates may be a little off.. Oh one more thing, the story about the Adam's party finding the gold. Everyone knows you do not find gold nuggets laying on top of sand or even mixed with sand in a stream. The gold is found on the bottom under the sand, unless somehow there were traps that caught the gold but not the sand and gravel. The story has always sounded fishy to me. Think it over!

2) Peshur or persher code

That the Knight Templar invented this code to send messages back and forth during the crusades, is the stated purpose. It is not actually a code, but a style of writing where the true message is hidden within the obvious story being told. After the KT ~went to sleep~, pershur was used in most of their writing. This continued right up through the early 20th century by the old Confederate Knights and is still being used today by authors wanting to record a message to those initiated and keep it secret from others who may read the story.

Many of the books about the Confederacy, old west and war history might be written in this style. If you pick up a newspaper from the 1870-1920s reporting weird or unbelievable stories, especially if they pertain to lost mines or buried treasure, they are most likely written in Pershur. Take most of the Spanish treasure tales and analyze them carefully, looking for clues and you'll come away knowing they are coded.

In order to read between the lines you must already know what you are looking for or it will just sound stupid or silly.

The Lost Adams Diggings is a prime example of Pershur. The true story is there but everyone takes it at face value. The first few lines of a later version of story, after the first newspaper mention in the 1890s introduces Gotch Ear the Mex-Ind that led them to the gold. If you are looking for the code and know that Jesse James was the Comptroller of the KGC the name would trigger you to think of JJ. Got-ch or Got yah! with the ear. Every serious JJ researcher ought to know that the Missouri Jesse James had a deformed ear. If you study a few different photos of him this is apparent. Note also that few of his photos show his right ear.

So that is Pershur. Adams had no front name was said by J. Frank Dobie in his version of the story. Of course any astute KGC researcher would know that Adams County Mississippi was the HQ of the KGC as long as Gen. John A. Quitman was alive. It was from Ft. Adams in Adams County or Natchez that the first KGC agents were sent to California at the beginning of the gold rush in 1849. Jesse Jame's father, also a KGC agent, went to the gold fields in 1850 to join up with other KGCs already there who were establishing KGC control there. Another connection with Adams county is Jacob Waltz, the original Dutchman of AZ LD fame, he also hung out in Adams county when the KGC was getting its feet on the ground. It might interest some of you to know that the Jacob Waltz's base of operations at a time was Adamsville, AZ and that it got its name from a man named Adams that had a grist mill on the Gila. Several other KGC treasure areas are at places named Adams. It goes on and on in this and most other stories but if I continue here I'll give away my next book.

In ~Shadow of the Sentinel~ much pershur is explained in dealing with the Lost Dutchman. Hmmmm! Did you know there was a Dutchman with Adams? Does that make you wonder about anything? You do know the route Adams party took would have led them very close to the Superstitions. I know some of you will argue that point but if you read carefully Drago's version of the story, which is pure KGC pershur, you will see I'm right on this. I won't go so far to tell you the Adam's deal is the same as the LD, but I'll hint that they may be connected.

By the way the John Brewer in Adam's story was said to have been a 1st cousin to my GGrandfather, its no surprise since many Brewers were miners and prospectors and went to ~see the elephant~ in the 1850s. My family has no authenticated oral history on that John Brewer, but his nickname was supposedly Black Snake or something of the sort.

So you don't need to know any code to read these stories but you must be real familiar with KGC members, families, history, symbolism etc. The information is there but hard to decipher.
If you all are thinking by now I'm a nut... check it out for yourself and see.
By the way the book ~Tomb of God~ dealing with the Priory of Sion in France at Renne Le Chateau talks about Pershur as used by the KT and how it applies to certain clues found over there.

Read any of John N. Edwards books on Quantrill, Jesse James and Gen. Shelby and you will find lots of pershur.

{It is pesher code,,,I told you guys that,,,not pershur,,,I also told you about Cole Younger in NM with JJ,,,on a thread long ago.}
{I also told you Gen. John A. Quitman was the head of the Knights,,,and about the Aztec Club}
{I also told you about the Tomb of God,,,those posts were destroyed long ago,,along with many others}
{It is all a giant puzzle,,,well you are Treasure Hunters,,,figure it out}
{Everything is connected}

Every single phrase in the Bible stands for something else. If you look at the work of Barbara Thiering in her book, ~Jesus the Man~ she explains how every word written in the Bible has a historical significance based on the life of Jesus. If you go to her website you can actually find out that each of those above mentioned phrases has been decoded with a technique called pesher. Just google Pesher of Christ and you'll get to her site. This technique was founded in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

(:X
Softy

Lost Adams Diggings

Post Number:#2  Postby SteveNM46 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:13 am

Just for the record, the above two quotes should be credited to Bob Brewer. He provided a number of contrarian ideas when he was posting on the forums 8-10 years ago. ~Every single phrase in the Bible stands for something else...." In a way, your right. The entire NT 'life of Jesus' is allegorical - basicly a rehash of the many Virgin Mother / Crucified Savior / Son God 'religions' that date back many thousands of years and include all kinds of mythical heros with similar/identical plotlines. The NT was cooked up by the Romans to wean the infidels away from 'paganism' and to a new religion that allowed the church total control over the people. The underlying truths in the mythology is the key to all of it - the heretics who pursued these were mostly hunted down and killed by the church. They say Sir Francis Bacon wrote the KJ version of the Christian bible (in addition to the Shakespeare plays) and has coded those underlying truths within the familiar stories everybody has heard. A lot of 'treasure code' allegedly is tied ti bible passages too. At least, that's what the experts say.
SteveNM46

persher code

Post Number:#3  Postby Kanabite » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:36 am

don't know if i spelled that right or not . have you ever considered the rules of the king of Spain are written in persher code and not literal? kind of really the only thing that makes sense to me . disclose the obvious and count on mother nature to conceal the truth. the kingdom was ancient , think about it ... thanks for the posts guys . just a possibility from a cloud reader LOL... the practice of monument building on a grand scale would have been impossible for a handful of Spanish for a few hundred years, but very easy for a few million natives for several thousand . i still will try to live by the teachings of the NT if that's OK with you . after all i call it called christian jedi for a reason . there is no membership fees , or secret handshakes......you just have to give of yourself , always . may the force be with you .......///bob.
Kanabite

did i mention

Post Number:#4  Postby Kanabite » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:29 am

that there are a few members of this forum that also write in this style ;=) thank you again .///bob
Kanabite

whoops

Post Number:#5  Postby Softy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:02 am

Hi SteveNM46,

Whoops !!! Sorry ,,,didn't mean to make it sound like you

wrote it ,,, but I sure did....I like the part,,,

Due to the blockade of all Southern ports the ships were to be delivered to the Rebs on the West Coast.

this makes almost no sense.........lots of trouble

Hi kanabite,

Not to worry !!! Once you enter the world of pesher code,,,,you can make up

anything you want.........

:~O

The term pesher technique refers to the interpretive technique presented by Barbara Thiering, which she discusses in her books and scholarly articles. According to her view, in the four Canonical Gospels, Acts and Revelation, historical facts have been encoded into the text in the form of parables and accounts of ~miracles~ and can be recovered by applying the pesher technique. This view is widely discredited by scholars, however, and Thiering's thesis has received little support. Although Thiering alleges use of the pesher technique in the New Testament, there is no comparable term in New Testament texts and apocrypha corresponding to that of pesher as found in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

{it is real in the Dead Sea Scrolls,,,which makes them much fun for all ,,,as they make up all sorts of things for the meanings}

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pesherhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pesher

Softy

The Habakkuk Commentary or Pesher Habakkuk

Post Number:#6  Postby Softy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:21 am

The scroll is a pesher written somewhere in the later half of the 1st century B.C.E. This places the author in a time frame not too unlike Habakkuk: Israel is threatened by Gentile forces. Originally, the Gentiles were the Babylonians. The pesher relates them to the kittim which translates to ~westerners." Kittim serves as code for "Romans" in the commentary. This identifies the scroll as an eschatological template, with the author arguing for Habakkuk as a prophecy to be fulfilled in his time.[citation needed]The pesher also relates several contemporary individuals to the prophecy, though they as well are referred to only in titles instead of names. The hero or leader to follow was called the Teacher of Righteousness, a figure found in some other Dead sea scrolls. The pesher argues that the Teacher has directly communed with God and received the true meaning of the scriptures (Wise, Abegg, Cook 2005: 84). There is slim to no chance of the Teacher being identified with a particular historical individual.Among the Teacher's opposition were the Wicked Priest and the Man of the Lie. The Wicked Priest is portrayed as a false religious leader who was at one point trusted by the Teacher. Towards the end of the pesher, the Wicked Priest is reported to have been captured and tortured by his enemies (Wise, Abegg, Cook 2005: 86). His true identity is also unlikely to be named with certainty, though just about every contemporary Hasmonean priest has been accused by scholars as being the true Wicked Priest. Some even argue that it was a title attributed to multiple individuals (Bernstein 200: 649). The Man of the Lie is accused by the author of attempting to discredit the Teacher, as well as the Torah (Bernstein 2000: 649). His true name is likewise indiscernible. :~O http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habakkuk_Commentaryhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habakkuk_CommentaryThe exact identity of the Teacher is unknown.It is improbable, however, that the office remained completely vacant for these years.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teacher_of_Righteousnesshttp://en.w...pedia.org/w.../Teacher_of_Righteousness
http://www.ancientlosttreasures.com/topic/6066?page=3http://www.ancientlosttre...res.com/topic/6066?page=3(:X
Softy

Spock

Post Number:#7  Postby Softy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:30 am

Softy

Lost Adams Diggings

Post Number:#8  Postby sanpet » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:17 am

Is this Bob Brewer related to Johnny Brewer?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpet

Back on Track

Post Number:#10  Postby Softy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:29 am

Warren Getler, formerly a Wall Street Journal reporter and now editor-at-large for Bloomberg News, and Arkansas treasure hunter Bob Brewer have written an intriguing -- yet infuriating -- book about buried Rebel gold.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2003/may/30/20030530-084038-9372r/http://www.washingtontime...30/20030530-084038-9372r/

There were six of us gathered around the impressive stone rectangle, which lay flat on the ground, and we were gazing into the face of the happiest Jolly Roger I had ever seen. Chiseled into the granite, he had eyes as wide as full moons, and his mouth was a sliver of the moon laid sideways to make a smile. He had chubby cheeks and a jack-o'-lantern's triangular nose.The skull rested atop crossed bones with tiny spirits moving through them. Two members of our group were down on their knees, examining these markings very carefully. One was my 16-year-old son, Ben. The other was Warren Getler, a man who uses advanced sonic-imaging technology to find buried treasure.Most of the time, Getler, who works for a company called Witten Technologies in Washington, D.C., is your standard buttoned-down business type. Out here on the edge of the world, though, Getler was letting his true self show.He is a devotee of an obscure historical theory, one contending that treasure has been stashed around the world by pirates affiliated with Freemasons, the mysterious fraternal order that was started by stonemasons in medieval Europe.The handful of historians who have studied the subject believe that some pirates used elaborate Masonic symbols and signposts to record the locations of buried treasure. Ipso facto, if you can unravel the Masons' intricate secret language, you may be able to plot a pathway to buried booty.I quickly became engrossed with taking pictures of some of the gravestones. Later, when I showed a photo of one of them to Getler, he got an excited look, like someone experiencing a mild electric shock. He called a friend in Arkansas-the amateur historian Bob Brewer, who is cowriting a book with Getler on the Masonic network of buried treasure-and told him about the tombstone.We then sent Brewer a copy of the photo via a satellite hookup. It was definitely Masonic, Brewer told us after he'd seen the picture. He called the tombstone a ~waybill," a coded pictograph used by the symbol-savvy pirates to point the way to a treasure site or another map. Sometimes there could be several waybills en route to a treasure.As Brewer talked, I imagined following Masonic clues halfway around the world-only to find a hole at the end where someone had dug up a treasure before me.http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/0203/story.htmlhttp://www.nationalgeogra...adventure/0203/story.html(:X
Softy

Lost Adams Diggings

Post Number:#11  Postby sanpet » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:53 am

This Johnny Brewer that I am askin about is not the one you are talking about. This jb I'm talking about sold a stone with writing on it to my best friend. To make a long story short it was a fake. He sold one to a guy I know it was fake too. He sold one to BYU and U of U both fake. Any body that wants to know more call me (Gordon) at 435-283-4584.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpet

Lost Adams Diggings

Post Number:#12  Postby MesaBuddy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:38 am

Say , so where are the Lost Adams Diggings at ? , seems to much talk about who did what :~O , been dabbling with some writings , what is this about 2 sugar loaf mountains nearby ? , hmmm...........................me thinks I've seen such ~Loafs~ while doing some work fer a friend
Or are thet in eastern AZ/NM border ? .................................To many legends and not enough truth ;=)
MesaBuddy

the only Adams

Post Number:#13  Postby Kanabite » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:50 am

i have ever seen who felt the need to put his name upon a very interesting rock went by the name of ~Zeno ~Adams .the trouble is , i cannot find out who this guy was . must have been lost or sumpin. even asked a few folks if they have heard the name before . he might have been a sheepherder but that is about as far as i ever got . can't find his kin folks . strange name to have, Zeno. at least his parents did not name him ~moon unit ~or something like that :~O
~WE ARE APT TO SHUT OUR EYES AGAINST A PAINFUL TRUTH...
FOR MY PART, I AM WILLING TO KNOW THE WHOLE TRUTH; TO KNOW THE
WORST; AND TO PROVIDE FOR IT." ---- Patrick Henry
Kanabite

zeno's paradox

Post Number:#14  Postby Kanabite » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:17 am

hmmm seems i am not the only one looking for some one with this guys name//// http://searches2.rootsweb.com/th/read/NCWILSON/2005-10/1129852855http://searches2.rootsweb...WILSON/2005-10/1129852855 must not be the same dude or he was really lost . hope the name is not in code cause i read some of that Zeno's paradox stuff and now i think i need a nap http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/paradox-zeno/http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/paradox-zeno/
Kanabite

Zeno

Post Number:#15  Postby vedfrenn » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:08 am

This is interesting because I remember taking a photo one time of some petroglyphs in Arizona and seeing the word ~ZENO~ and wondering what it meant. I had no idea it was a name. I'm sorry the picture is blurry - I had a new camera. Also, do you see the little turtle beneath the E-N in ~ZENO~?

vedfrenn

well who know, Z knows

Post Number:#16  Postby Kanabite » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:50 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenohttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno i will have to look next weekend on my other computer and compare handwriting , so some guy named Zeno likes to put his name next to old symbols hmmm, interesting .....
Kanabite

Lost Adams Diggings

Post Number:#17  Postby SteveNM46 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:59 pm

The Zenos were early Italian cartographers. If the 'ZENO' in the photograph is alleged to be the cartographer, then it is a lame hoax. The lettering style is very modern - may be some recent guy named Zeno who wanted to add his name to the existing carvings. If so, he's pretty lame too.
SteveNM46

Gotch Ear

Post Number:#18  Postby Softy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:36 am

MesaBuddy wrote: Say , so where are the Lost Adams Diggings at ? , seems to much talk about who did what :~O , been dabbling with some writings , what is this about 2 sugar loaf mountains nearby ? , hmmm...........................me thinks I've seen such ~Loafs~ while doing some work fer a friend
Or are thet in eastern AZ/NM border ? .................................To many legends and not enough truth ;=)
Hi Mesa,

Gotch Ear ,,,,,,hee hee.........

The diggings are between the Ears !!!!.... Got-cha !!!!!

Mira,,,this state has had every square foot of it prospected,,,,never have placers that rich

been found.....and this would have been found ......therefore someone has gotten a bit

carried away with a story,,,,,Fort Apache,,,,you know how many Fort Apaches there were out west????

got to have an NDN cause all good TH stories do,,,NANA is a good one,,,,Victorio,,,Gerinmo,,,,best if Chief...

best if Apache,,,,,,,,Mangus,,,,,,,,,whatever,,,,,,,,

Knights Templar Pesher Code ?????????? give me a break !!!!! HBB can't even spell it right...........peshur,,,persher,,,

actually my only point,,,

:~O

Softy

don't think

Post Number:#19  Postby Kanabite » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:05 pm

this one is any older than late 1800's maybe even 1914ish but i is not all that bright anyway :~O ;=) Image

Kanabite

u found it !!!!!!!!!

Post Number:#20  Postby Softy » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:59 am

Hi kanabite,

looks like u found it !!!!!!

Softy

na

Post Number:#21  Postby Kanabite » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:47 am

nope i did not find it just knew where it was
Kanabite

where it was

Post Number:#22  Postby Softy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:45 am

Hi kanabite,

there is a story about the Diggings being a placer

not that rich,,,that WAS all dug up long ago,,,

north Gila Mtns if I remember right...

Softy

start

Post Number:#23  Postby Softy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:00 am

maybe this is pima village where Adams started,,,,

ndn trail NE....

http://www.sierraestrella.com/maps.htmlhttp://www.sierraestrella.com/maps.html

1867 date good

Softy

nice maps

Post Number:#25  Postby Kanabite » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:50 am

thanks softy that trail has to cross that one river somewhere , funny that trail goes all the way to canada , nowdays any way , maybe it did a long time before those maps were made too. http://www.aztrail.org/http://www.aztrail.org/
Kanabite

Next

Return to North American