Lost Adams Diggings

Discussions focused on the locations in North America ...

Lost Adams Diggings

Post Number:#26  Postby Kanabite » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:52 am

Kanabite

all the gold ,,,in arizona,,,

Post Number:#27  Postby Kanabite » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:43 pm

is sitting in a bank in the middle of mesa hills in some ~buddy's~ elses name...... :rofl: ooops that isn't how that song goes :rofl:
Kanabite

ooops the map won't post

Post Number:#28  Postby Kanabite » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:49 pm

Kanabite

Lost Adams Diggings

Post Number:#29  Postby MesaBuddy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:49 pm

:~O :rofl:
MesaBuddy

hi mesa

Post Number:#30  Postby Kanabite » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:55 pm

the stupid gold map would not post the first time , :~e you gots lots of stuff down that way according to that map 8-8
Kanabite

Lost Adams Diggings

Post Number:#31  Postby MesaBuddy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:39 pm

kanabite wrote: the stupid gold map would not post the first time , :~e you gots lots of stuff down that way according to that map 8-8

Hi Kanabite ,
Yep there is goodies all over this state :") , one thing I might add , that map is no where nears accurate , many mines are missing on it ;=) , and areas ;=)
MesaBuddy

map

Post Number:#32  Postby Softy » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:47 am

yea didn't want to lose the links,,,

on the maps,,,for those that follow stories,,,

in NM in the Caballo Mtns,,,might want to see

where they used to be,,,,,,,,,,

hee hee

http://azmemory.lib.az.us/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/shmmaps&CISOPTR=27&CISOBOX=1&REC=15http://azmemory.lib.az.us...&CISOBOX=1&REC=15

(:X
Softy

Lost Adams Diggings

Post Number:#33  Postby SteveNM46 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:46 am

I've got a full-sized version of that map in front of me on my wall. There are a number of errors on it (scale, landmark position, landmark names, position of labels, etc). Overall, it's a pretty interesting conversation piece, but I wouldn't place a lot of significence in the fact that the Caballos are labeled east of their present location. I'd chalk it up to errors made by those whose names are on the face plate. Not a bad effort for 1851, overall.
SteveNM46

caballo=horse

Post Number:#34  Postby Softy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:36 am

Hi Steve,

Well now I wouldn't bet the farm on an old map

either,,,,so lets see now,,,in that area,,,the Organs are right,,,

Joranada del Muerto is right,,,Fray Cristóbal is right,,,those got

named after him when he died there,,,,btw,,,heck even

point of rocks is right,,,,,king's highway is drawn correct,,,

lots get that wrong,,,,,,,,not bad ,,,but than it is 1851 and not 1701 when

the rio grande dumped into the gulf of baja,,,,

let us see what else ????? oh I know Caballo = Horse

so where are the wild horses ???? today ,,,,right now ????

They are in the Caballos ,,,,now called San Andres,,,,only place they are too,,,

zero in present Caballos, Organs, etc... only that part of San Andres has wild horses,,,

has for a long time too.....I know this proves nothing fer sure but is fun,,,,,,,,hee hee

I also know that there are other maps and Archy first told me,,,,those are the Caballos

fer the old stories,,,like one treasure story....but hey I'm not selling anything here,,,,so

check out the Padre Mine east of El Paso,,,on that map,,,one old spanish documented mine was found

out there recently,,,by accident,,,,no code or puzzles just told where the mine was,,,,never was found

because everyone kept LOOKING IN THE WRONG MOUNTAINS,,,,hee hee,,,

Softy

link

Post Number:#35  Postby Softy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:40 am

fergot the linky,,,,,,,,,,,

Between the San Andres and the Sacremento mountains to their east is the Tuloroosa Basin, a flat area used by White Sands Missile Range. It is has herds of wild horses, and of course, is the home of the famous White Sands.

http://home.elp.rr.com/thegilberts/sanandres.htmhttp://home.elp.rr.com/thegilberts/sanandres.htm

old Caballos = new San Andres

Softy

Lost Adams Diggings

Post Number:#36  Postby Kanabite » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:40 am

you might not be saying any thing ;=) but i do like the way you think :"}
Kanabite

Lost Adams Diggings

Post Number:#37  Postby SteveNM46 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:05 am

Point well taken, Softy. Place names are indeed tricky - they change with the winds. Another joker in the deck is that different groups had their own names for landmarks known by other names by other groups. The cartographers used the name de jour. Even the USGS quad sheets are rife with inconsistencies. I'd like to see more backup on your theory about the Caballos.
SteveNM46

backup

Post Number:#38  Postby Softy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:02 am

Hi Steve,,,

more backup??? sounds like work to me,,,

Roger said them all Caballos,,,,my have been,,,

all on the range,,,,,,,where we can't hunt....

look at map you got,,,,below Caballos,,,,,

S. Soledad,,,,,,,,now read old post o mine,,,,

softysoledad#155[-]ImagePosts: 645(04/15/08 2:42 PM)Reply Quote More My Recent Posts Message Me Connection Blocking Invite Ignore User's Posts Report Post here is part of dinero treasure story.

Kinda short, and probably doesn't have anything to do with

Vicky Peak, but it says Sierra De La Soledad.

So does mean the mountains of Soledad???

and which mountains are these anyway??? and why is the blackout story so short???

seems like would need better directions, where the sun rises and sun sets and such as and so forth.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,69096.0.htmlhttp://forum.treasurenet....ex.php/topic,69096.0.html

Softy

soledad

Post Number:#39  Postby Softy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:07 am

here is part of dinero treasure story.

Kinda short, and probably doesn't have anything to do with

Vicky Peak, but it says Sierra De La Soledad.

So does mean the mountains of Soledad???

and which mountains are these anyway??? and why is the blackout story so short???

seems like would need better directions, where the sun rises and sun sets and such as and so forth.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,69096.0.htmlhttp://forum.treasurenet....ex.php/topic,69096.0.html

Softy

ingles

Post Number:#40  Postby Softy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:45 am

oh and on that link,,,part in english says,,,

soledad peak in the organs,,,that is correct,,,

it is at the east end of soledad (solitary) canyon...

however,,,treasure map is talking about

Mountains of Soledad which are north of

San Augustin pass.........>see map 1851....

soooooo,,,once again bunnies are hopping in the

wrong place......hee hee

oh and there have been many soledad canyons and peaks

over the years....various places........

Softy

Lost Adams Diggings

Post Number:#41  Postby ritawood » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:10 am

Does anyone know of the location of the rock map mentioned in Four Days From Fort Wingate? The location given there is very vague only listing 'a mountaintop near a lookout tower southwest of Reserve, NM. Any additional information would be helpful.
ritawood

Lost adams Diggings

Post Number:#42  Postby Barton » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:27 pm

I Softly--I liked your map--that is the beginning of the kind of first rate research we all should be doing.

Personally I think the ~lost adams diggings~ is not lost at all. I beleive it sits on the San Carlos Apache Reservation and the Apaches know exactly where it is.
I believe the site is watched by the Apachies and they will leave it ( the gold ) exactly where it lays.

So-to Hay ( where it lies / it is just laying there ) accurately describes the deposit.

Adams and the men with him--probably got exactly what they diserved from the Indians! There behavior would have put them all in prision now days!

Adams--and Baxter ( speaking of names from memory ) would not associate with each other after the event. For a LOST MINE--Baxter had alot of money--and he was not bashful about buying thousands of acres of land. Unlike Adams who hated indians--Baxter purchased hundreds of lever action rifles and thousands of rounds of ammunition and gave them to the Apaches ( according to Nano Coches--the son of the man who ~massacured~ the innocient or not so innocient placer miners.

No one seems to bring up the numerous other placer or lode deposits that are still out there to be located and worked. Off the top of my head in New Mexico there are the Lost McKinna Diggings, The Lost Baxter Diggings, the placers / lode deposits of the Guadalupe Mnts ( I'll rebember the man who climbed down a crevice / fault to get gold nuggets about the time I post this). There is the Lost Burro Mine --whose unfortunate owner took a bullet in the head--and when his body was discovered there was 120 ounces of placer gold on him.
If I go a little north into the San Juans of Colorado and excellent placer gold deposit to look for --and it is real--and in the National forest so it is completely accessable is the Lost Stewart Placer.

I could go on--but why don't I give someone else a chance to fill in the lost placer deposits of Arizona and Utah. Maybe some one else will go into the lost placer deposits of Utah.
How about we work togeather--and list the lost placer deposits of each state--and the basic story of each one.

Barton
Barton

Lost Adams Diggings

Post Number:#43  Postby SteveNM46 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:15 am

I tend to agree with your LAD assessment (if these diggings really existed, of course).

I believe the McKenna and Baxter diggings were the same - covered by the 1880's earthquake, according to McKenna's Black Range Tales. Of course, the earthquake explanation may be merely a 'good story' designed to discourage searchers.
SteveNM46

Previous

Return to North American