Diamonds... or was it rubies..?

Discussions focused on other locations ...

Diamonds... or was it rubies..?

Post Number:#1  Postby Gohot » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:47 pm

I remember it was about twenty years ago, I was living in a place called Tucalota Springs, out in the country out of Hemet Cal. I had dirt bikes at the time and there was a girl who used to come over all the time and hang out. She was more into horses and all, and really no love interest, just friends. She was sort of an old hippie type, and used to do alot of rummage sales and thrift shops, that kind of thing. One time she came over after having went into Hemet to a thrift shop and having bought a book of casettes, you know the kind, a sort of book that held the casettes. Well she bought them with the intention of erasing them and re-using them. But it was a boring morning and we decided to see what was on them. They evidently were someones recordings of treasure seeker meetings, because they were all treasure oriented, or old mines and such. One that I remember told of a place at state line the 15 interstate that goes from San Bernardino to Las Vegas. Well on this tape, and it sounded like a solo guy rather than a meeting club, well this guy was describing how he and a couple friends had went out to state line or searchlight and how when you got there, there was a road leading right, or I'd guess it would be southeast..?? anyway this road was supposed to be about a quarter mile long heading away from the freeway this searchlight tower and then either crossed a dirt road or else it turned left at the crossroad, and that it parralelled the freeway veering slightly away from the dirrection that the freeway to Las Vegas took. Anyway, this road supposedly went about a half to a full mile and reached a crest. At this point there suposedly was a depression or more correctly the topography was 'bowled' out just between the road and the foothils. There was said to be a pit of sorts or something like an excavation, that really looked more like someone had been getting dirt for their yard, but why would you come all this way??? I guess it could be described as a sort of failed placer mine, no cave or tunneling, just this hole. Evidently the hole couldnt really be seen if you just drove up on the location to go drinking or smoking or whatever , but you had to get out of the vehicle to see the ....mine...hole.....whatever. Anyway this guy described how in the hole that he had been digging in, he was finding bluish clay. Like I said, It was twenty or better years ago, setting on a park bench lstening to these taped casettes, so I'm not sure what type of precious stone is amalgamous with this bluish clay, but that this guy was finding these gems in it in small quantities, and that he felt he was about to hit virgin clay and have a better chance of not running through sifted through spoils. He stopped looking when it was raining because being a depression the hole was becoming full of water, it must of been what little wet season that they have around there, and that must not be much. Boy, it seems that he was talking diamonds with this blue clay, but I'm not sure...???? What is it thats found in blue clay, anyone....? Now more of its comeing back to my memory........... this place was at 'Search light', thats coming back to me as the location, same as dirrections off road described earlier, but the place was Searchlight....... Anyone see something on Mapquest or some sattelite images? Just thought I'd through this out, you never know. I'v been past there a fiew times on the way to Utah, but mostly in the 70's and early 80's, so I never took the time to search out this road and quarry/pit/depression topography thing out.
Gohot

Re: Diamonds... or was it rubies..?

Post Number:#2  Postby Gohot » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Now having searched 'blue clay and gems' I find it is diamonds, saphires and rubies that are usually in either a yellow or blue clay. Some of the other tapes were about areas in Death Valley and the greater southwest, leaning towards more western. One however that we listened to sounded to be of a Place in either Morrocco or Turkey, that one I don't remember as well. It was about having discovered caves or rather man-made tunnels and exploring through them. He was telling about how dank and funkey these tunnels were, and how occasionally there was some bit of remmenants of people having been there, but not in recent times, more in antiquity, bits of clothing, rags, discarded...? stuff, parts of blunderbuss type guns/rifles, the cone barreled things from Columbus times. There were an abundance of vermin in the tunnels too, rats and such. I can't remember too much now, but he was doing a lot of conversation on these guns. I believe this tunnel was a aquiduct in ancient times...? Sorry, as I say, this was 20 or better years ago, and not the interesting tape, but rather one of many simmilar. As I said The one of the Blue clay, I remember much better as it intreagued her and I at the time. But if I remember right there was some small bit of treasure/loot/ antiquities...? in the tunnels. He told of how he had to partially break through a wall or sistren or...? and in there was whatever loot/stuff he was talking about. He was with one other person when down there, and togather they were going to bring some back and see just what it was that they had found and date it. But on the way out at the entrance there were soldiers and they took everything they had brought out, which was little of the actual cashe fortunatly for them. The soldiers took whatever they had and warned them on penalty of death not to return or the consequences would be dire. He talked more on this tape of wanting to return and find an alternate entrance if he could locate anything. then the tape stopped, it was a two part interview/story and in this casette book holder the rest were of other things, and not the second part. Thats why these tapes always stuck in my mind.......why would someone misplace them and have them end up in some estate sale and ultimatly bought for a thrift store, or whatever their history was, I'd think they would have been guarded by whoever originally made them or was given them. But thats about it, I can't bring to mind any more of those tapes. I think if I did some teraserver stuff I might find something relative to the discription I remember at searchlight. Thats pretty well stuck in my mind in a mental picture. It was too 'big' a thing, something that was 'edge of your seat' something one would not likely forget. So there you have it, the Morrocco/Turkey thing is lost, besides he specified no locations, but the one at searchlight ought to be do'able.
Gohot

Post Number:#3  Postby KsTHer » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:08 pm

Anyway this guy described how in the hole that he had been digging in, he was finding bluish clay.

There is a story in an old Lost Treasure magazine about like this. It seems like diamonds were mentioned. It may take me a while to find the article.

Also another story mentioned around the Comstock Lode area of Nevada where the bluish clay was high in silver content.

Ron
KsTHer

Post Number:#4  Postby jps » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:26 pm

You want to go hunt the area?
jps

Return to Locations, Other