Aztecs In Utah?

Discussions focusing on the cultures of Central & South America ...

Paso Robles

Post Number:#51  Postby MesaBuddy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:34 pm

I am glad you enjoyed that article Darrell, nah thats alright about the phone numbers , my first ex is from there , so I better leave ~That can of worms un-opened~ nothing bad though been 29 years ago , its a small world

MB
MesaBuddy

Re: Can of Worms

Post Number:#52  Postby GiantSerpent » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:04 pm

MB, if you contact Kanabite Bob, he has my e-mail...Contact me and I'll send You Excerpts from My Book, which will be a ~REAL EYE-OPENER~ FOR YOU, GURANTEED'D.....Then you'll start to understand my point of view......Darrell....Oh yeah by the way, it Truly is a Can of Worms....
GiantSerpent

Re: Can of Worms

Post Number:#53  Postby MesaBuddy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:17 pm

Thats the best thing I've heard all day Darrell , I like canned worms........
I'll get a hold of Kanabite Bob
Thanks

MB
MesaBuddy

Re: ALOT OF HISTORY..........MB

Post Number:#54  Postby GiantSerpent » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:38 pm

If Kanabite Bob is not available, try Floyd Mann (The Man) or Randy Bradford......Darrell
GiantSerpent

Re: Book Location

Post Number:#55  Postby MesaBuddy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:34 pm

I'll try that out Darrell
Thanks
MB~Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you
with experience." " anonymous
MesaBuddy

Re: ALOT OF HISTORY..........MB

Post Number:#56  Postby Florida Photographer » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:24 am

Giantserpent, I must not be very bright, so I'll ask. If you want Mesa Buddy to email you, why don't you just send your email address to his ez-inbox? Why does he need to go thru a 3rd person? Just asking.
Florida Photographer

Re: Looking Fer Cousins......

Post Number:#57  Postby GiantSerpent » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:10 pm

Okay, am back to continue the Trabue/DuPuy Line....No doubt it probably needs to be put into a different category and has nothing to do with the Aztecs in Utah, except that I know that they were INDEED THERE...But since I started out on these ramblings, I'll just continue....I'm often accused of being a ~Mr. Know It All~ and ofcourse am Highly Criticized for it, but I ain't, in fact I know nothing UNTIL IT COMES TO THE MAIN HOBBIES & INTERESTS that I have already described...I am a Avid Follower of the ~ROCKY & BULLWINKLE SHOW~, hee, hee...Probably the only TV Cartoon Show that I really and truly enjoyed...And ofcourse Bullwinkle was ~Mr. KNOW IT ALL~., so with that said, do you all know what was ~Rocky's Real Name?"................~ROCKET J. SQUIRREL~ (just had to do that)...Back to the Family.......Now, I'm quoating from my Mother's Book.., But it might very well be from Other Books as well.......~Our John Major Jr., son of John Major Sr., married Judith Trabue in 1789 in Woodford Co,, Kentucky. She was the granddaughter of Antoine TRABUE (in France, TRABUC) a French Huguenot (Huguenots were protestors against Catholicism) who came to America in 1700. He came, by way of Switzerland and Holland, from Montauban, France. Montauban was a Protestant center and stronghold, which had been granted certain special freedom of worship. When the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes was enacted in 1681, Antoine, a young man of seventeen or eighteen felt as if he had no alternative but to flee France and find a new home where he would have religious freedom. antoine escaped to Switzerland where two years later he was given a document that was a certificate or letter of introduction testifying to his good character. It was given to him at Lausanne, Switzerland on 15 Sept. 1687 and finally attests to his presence at Hague, Holland in 1688. The Document is written on parchment and was carried by Antoine until he arrived in America. It was inherited by a great-great grandson of his and now preserved in the Battle Abbey Museum of the Virginia Historical Society in Richmond, Virginia. It states that ~Antoine Trabuc, a saddler, nineteen years of age and a native of Montauban, of good appearance with chestnut hair obscuring a small scar over his left eye, has always professed the Reformed Religion, as do his parents, and that he has not committed any known scandal." it concluded , ~We recommend him to divine providence and to the charity of our brothers." It was signed by a former minister of his church at Montauban. Antoine evidently stayed a few years in Holland after he left Switzerland. In 1700 King William of England offered to the French refugees, free passage to America and promise of a grant of land and freedom of worship to all that accepted the offer. Four Ships carrying 200 passengers took the Huguenot refugees from England to Virginia, to a place fifteen miles up the James River from what is now Richmond, Virginia. A colony was formed there on a grant of ten thousand acres, stretching for five miles along the south side of the river and centering around the abandoned settlement of the Monacan Indians. This place was called Manikin Town. On Dec. 5, 1700, the Virginia House of Burgesses passed an act making the French refugees inhabiting Manikin Town and places adjacent a district parrish by themselves. The parish was called King William Parish and encouraged the Huguenots to establish a permanent settlement. Antoine and his wife, Magdalene VERRUEIL had five children, all lived to maturity, one of them being JOHN JAMES TRABUE*, father of Judith TRABUE. Antoine died Jan. 29, 1724 in Manikin Town, Henrico o., Virginia. A record of his death is in a register of the Huguenot Church in Manikin Town. His will was lost.. After his death, his widow (Magdalene Verrueil) married Pierre Chastain and her will was proved in 1731 and displayed substantial wealth for the early eighteenth century."......Unquote....I had to set all of this up for you cause it's really fantastic, cause of my great grandpappy's out there and my great (gggggggggggggg) grandmother's out there in the history pages of RECORDED HISTORY..........This is where is get's ****VERY INTERESTING****....~THE DUPUY FAMILES~....My 4th or 5th Great Grandmother and HER FAMILIES.....~THE FRENCH CRUSADERS~...........NOW THIS IS HISTORY....But first, a break, will return..............Darrell
GiantSerpent

Re: Looking Fer Cousins......Can of Worms.....FAMILY...

Post Number:#58  Postby GiantSerpent » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:54 pm

1st, as listed in the Book ~THE TRABUE FAMILY IN AMERICA 1700-1983~ Gateway Press, Baltimore, 1983........and I quote, .......~John James Trabue was born in 1722, Chesterfield Co.,Va; and died between Oct. 10 and Dec. 21, 1775 in Chesterfield Co., Va. He married OLYMPIA DUPUY in 1744 in Chesterfield Co., Va. She was born Nov. 12, 1729 in Chesterfield Co.,Va. and died in 1822 in WoodfordCo., Ky. at the home of their son, Edward.".....1st paragraph..../...~John James TRABUE and Olympia DUPUY had fifteen children and all but two, Phoebe and Samuel, lived to maturity. They were all born in Chesterfield Co., Va. and were James Trabue, b. Jan. 29, 1746; Magdalene Trabue, b. 1748; Phoebe Trabue, b. 1750, d. 1767; Jane DuPuy Trabue, b. Jan. 12, 1752; John Trabue, b. March 17, 1754; William Trabue, b. March 13, 1756; Mary Trabue, b. Feb. 26, 1758; Daniel Trabue, b. March 31, 1760; Edward Trabue, b. 1762; Martha Trabue, b. May 5, 1764; Stephen Trabue, b. Feb. 22, 1766; Elizabeth Trabue, b. Feb. 27, 1768; *****JUDITH TRABUE*****, b. 1769, Samuel Trabue, b. 1770; d. 1777; Susanna Trabue, b. 1772."....3rd paragraph..../.....John James Trabue served as a Patriot during the Revolutionary War and all of his five sons old enough to bear arms served as officers. Olympia also gave patriotic service and both she and John James are listed in the DAR Patriot Index."...4th paragraph..../.....~Olympia moved to the home of their son, Edward Trabue, in Woodford Co., Ky. sometime between 1790 and 1810 and there she died in 1822 at the age of ninety three. She is buried in the family graveyard and there is a bronze plaque on her grave and a iron fence around her gravesite. On Labor Day 1961, a dedication ceremony was held there and OLYMPIA TRABUE was named a Patron by the Daughters of the American Revolution~....6th paragraph.........~THE DUPUY FAMILY~ and I quote from My Mother's Book...." Our ancestress, Judith TRABUE was also the great-granddaughter of another well-known French Huguenot, Bartholomew DUPUY who also came to Virginia in 1700 with a large group of Huguenots that settle at and near Manikin Town. His wife, (Countess) Susanna Le Villain also came with him. Bartholomew was born in the province of Languedoc, France, around 1653 and due to his descent from a family of Nobility was heir to the title of Count. At eighteen he enlisted in the French Army and was made a Lieutenant and then a Captain of the Guards of King Louis XIV. After serving for fourteen years, he retired from the army and married Susanna, also a Huguenot, in 1685. He had accrued a large estate but following the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes, it became necessary for him and his wife to flee France, leaving behind most of their possessions. to escape, Countess DUPUY was disguised as a gentleman's page in a suit of men's clothes and Bartholomew wore his uniform of the King's Army and carried the sword* that he had once wore in battle.(The SWORD* became a treasured heirloom of the DUPUY Family and was used by a Grandson in the Continental Army , whom was a Officer. Unfortunately it was lost when a descendant's home was ransacked and burned by the Federal Troops during the Civil War.) The couple escaped to Germany and lived there for fourteen years. Then they spent two years in England before they joined the other French refugees to come to Virginia in 1700. Bartholomew was a lineal (DIRECT LINE) descendant of ~RAPHAEL DU PUY~ (in latin PODIO), Governor of the Provinces of Languedoc and Dauphine in 1033 A.D., appointed by CONRAD II, HOLY ROMAN EMPEROR. Raphael was also the GRAND CHAMBERLAIN of the ROMAN EMPEROR before the War of the Conquest. This is taken from ~Americans of Gentle Birth and Their Ancestors~ published in 1970. It shows the Lineal Descent of Bartholomew and is purportedly been well researched by well known genealogists in France and England. Bartholomew and Susanna had five children - one son being JOHN JAMES DUPUY, WHO WAS THE GRANDFATHER of JUDITH TRABUE.".........More later.........Darrell
GiantSerpent

Re: Aztecs In Utah?

Post Number:#59  Postby Gohot » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:43 pm

Curious, has anyone noticed that this character has six fingers..? Others seem to have four, and most have the usual five, anatomically correct.
Attachments
20030601-009.jpg
20030601-009.jpg (20.54 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
Gohot

Post Number:#60  Postby Quinda » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:16 pm

Yes I have noticed that, besides the absurdly large feet. There are quite a few anomalies in the rock art in the area where this pictograph is found.
Quinda
Site Admin

Post Number:#61  Postby KsTHer » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Perhaps after the tribal elder or man of esteem drew the original art, a delinquent adolescent teen saw fit to add his graffiti... just sayin'...

Seriously, I doubt that they had those cultural problems in those days as bad as we have in our time, but who really knows for sure?

There are, however, some in this hemisphere that are known for having 6 fingers to each hand and foot. Maybe that would explain the hands at least.
KsTHer

Post Number:#62  Postby sanpete » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:48 am

6 fingers on there foot?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#63  Postby Gohot » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Just the hands. But the feet are abnormally large. Would that be perspective, as in reclining from the perspective of the artist (drawer of the glyph)
Attachments
20030601-009.jpg
20030601-009.jpg (9.63 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
Gohot

Post Number:#64  Postby sanpete » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:46 pm

gohot I remember watching on a history or one of that type programs of some very early natives of N.A. it was a common thing.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#65  Postby KsTHer » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 pm

hehehehe... :thud:

Actually, Sanpet, I meant that they had six toes on each foot as well as six fingers on each hand. In fact there are still those who have these "abnormalities" which are in fact normal for these people. I believe that I also watched that same program, Sanpet. I have also read about this elsewhere, but I can't give the name of the source. I did think it was very interesting though.
KsTHer

Previous

Return to Central & South American