Rhoades family legacy

Discussions focusing on the Lost Rhoades Mine ...

Re: Rhoades family legacy

Post Number:#201  Postby Kanabite » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:35 am

Hi Silence ,
i ran across some other claims by an author, about possible "donations " to the mint that were not kind to the LDS church .
out of respect for the members here i wont post the source on this forum .
i will say that the author hinted about gold coming in to brother Brigham from less than desirable circumstances .
if you would like the name of the book PM me . who knows for sure about any of the claims made by folks writing books ?
the truth is probably more grey than black and white .
take care .///bob
Kanabite

Post Number:#202  Postby Randy W Lewis » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:27 pm

silence,,,, I read all your posts,,, and they make no sense to me!!!! period..... I had in my possession at one time.. two ore samples from rhoades mines,,, one I lost and the other I gave to my partner,, which I am sure he still has,, He had it assayed,, it came back 1000's + ounces of gold and silver... these two samples set on the kitchen window seal of my grandfathers house ,, I looked at them all the time as I was growing up,, I have a third sample that is gold silver and iron pyrite that is a beautiful specimen...

I have said this many times before..."""ALL of the rhoades mines including the woolsey ,, the black hawk are covered up.. """"" none are opened that I know of,, you can walk over them,,, this was done in the late 30's,,, to say they never existed is funny,,, Good luck,,,
Randy W Lewis

Post Number:#203  Postby Tylosaurus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Randy,

If you want, you can tell me where all of those mines are. I'll set my 6 kids to digging. As soon as I can, I'll get you a new peice of ore. Then, I can also prove to everyone else that the mines do exist. I'll keep your secrets. :-)

jjb
Tylosaurus

Post Number:#204  Postby TecumsehMurray2017 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:49 pm

MykwyH, I am Chunkys Grandson, I just found this site and am very interested in these kinds of things and the history of our people. I would really enjoy to hear more stories about my Grandfather, and the great things he did.
Tuhrgrayahk, Thank You,
Cump Murray
TecumsehMurray2017

Post Number:#205  Postby KsTHer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Cump, welcome to Ancient Lost Treasures Forum. In researching here about your grandfather, you may want to do a search on X Marks the Spot. Chunky Murray is also a good search topic. To do a search, scroll towards the top of the page. On the left of the page just below the title, "Ancient Lost treasures" you will see several lines of links. e.g. User Control panel,
-- New Messages, View your posts, (then drop down a line) FAQ, Search and so on and so forth.

Enjoy your time on the forum and once again, Welcome!

KsTHer aka Ron
KsTHer

Post Number:#206  Postby littlered » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:27 am

Cump, You may also want to search Robert Gifford because most if not all that I read about your Grandfather was written by him. Welcome to the forum and Good luck in your search.
littlered

Previous

Return to Lost Rhoades Mine