More myths about the Lost Rhoades mines busted

Discussions focusing on the Lost Rhoades Mine ...

Re: More myths about the Lost Rhoades mines busted

Post Number:#301  Postby Lostaslost » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:48 pm

I have a whole lot of pictures of X's. They seem to be pretty spread out. as for the Aspen I will let all of you argue over it. I know what I read and hopeful the people who write about it know something. No slide got the one I am talking about. As for the church mine I am saying it is the BYM. Now there was others and or at least one other that Tomas was over down in Marysville I think it was. Even in one of the novels about Butch said this.

Take care
Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#302  Postby SilenceIsGolden » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:52 pm

Scipio, here in Colorado I know of three old Spanish gold mines right by my town, very rich ones. We know they were Spanish mines because when Americans arrived in Colorado the Mexicans were busily working those mines. Of course they got chased off pretty quick. Since they came under American ownership, those three mines together have produced hundreds of millions of dollars worth of gold and silver at today's prices. Together they probably produced more gold in an average summer than the Spanish got out of Utah the entire time they were there.

We don't know the Spanish names of any of those three mines.

Nobody bothered to ask the Mexicans what they called their mines. The Utes didn't care about the Spanish names and weren't in the habit of mining gold themselves. The Americans certainly didn't care. There is no known record of these amazingly rich gold mines in any archive that I've heard about. They probably didn't even have names, they were quasi-legal operations carried out by people that preferred not to be known.

I doubt very much we know the old names for any Spanish mines in Utah. I only know the names Rhoades and Hathenbruck gave them, and as far as I'm concerned those are the only names they probably ever went by. Interestingly enough Hathenbruck renamed all (three, maybe five) of the claims when Rhoades died.

also as far as I know they're all one mine. Probably not even a mine in any literal sense of the word.
So I'm guessing we aren't on the same wavelength, you and I. My minimalist view runs contrary to just about everything everyone here believes about the Rhoades Mine(s).
I don't know anything anyways, if I did I wouldn't still be working for a living :~O
SilenceIsGolden

Post Number:#303  Postby SilenceIsGolden » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:06 am

Lost, I think there's probably some twisted aspens out there that were trail markers.
Just not sure the one Scipio posted is one of them. Looks a bit young.
But if it's not manmade I gotta wonder what did that?
SilenceIsGolden

Post Number:#304  Postby SilenceIsGolden » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:16 am

Sorry, scipio
I ramble.
tl;dr: Nobody here can agree on which names go with which mines, and I personally think all of the names go to one mine. (that isn't a mine).
SilenceIsGolden

Post Number:#305  Postby EXPLORER71 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:05 am

Wow, this is an old thread, lets see if there is still anyone following it... If this is about "busted myths", then why are the people that have accurate information about the mine still using the word "vein" to describe the pay streak??? Isn't it more of a layer or structure? Just a thought...
EXPLORER71

Post Number:#306  Postby EXPLORER71 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:20 am

I have to agree with you Silence to a point... I think that there is probably more than one mine, however, they all follow the same formation... You know, for a long, long time I didn't realize that "the bishop" was a person. I always thought that when a few on these sites referred to "the bishop", that they were associating the Rhoades mine with the bishop conglomerate formation that runs through the Uinta mountains... Hmmmmmmmm... I think it seemed logical to me because several pictures that I have seen over the years of mine tunnels looked like they were running through a "Conglomerate" material... Any thoughts guys???
EXPLORER71

Post Number:#307  Postby mrjimsfc » Wed May 03, 2017 5:00 pm

I don't think there were any of the geological structures that were named when the Rhoades family were finding mines. If anyone claims that the mines are in any particular "structure", I would have doubts about his information.
"Nobody wants to listen to the voice of reason when there's a good hysteria to be had. Humans are like that."
mrjimsfc

Post Number:#308  Postby sanpete » Wed May 03, 2017 5:12 pm

names, names and more names. The one thing I can say about names in Utah is do not let the government name anything. It does not matter what branch of government they will use there own names. They do not care what the local people have named it. To hell with what you name it they do not care. :~M :~M :~M
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#309  Postby EXPLORER71 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:16 am

I can't believe that NOBODY responded to the "vein structure/layer" comment that I made. You know, you guys that have that kind of information could share it with people on here that are interested and curious. I say that because I'm sure that the Rhoade's mines ARE associated with a certain layer or structure running through the Uinta's, but the entire structure does NOT contain the gold. You could talk about that "layer" without giving any directions, and leave it up to the treasure hunters still interested in the lore something to research and look for. Anybody??? Randy, Silence, Paula, anyone???
EXPLORER71

Post Number:#310  Postby Scipio » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:28 am

Paula?
Scipio

Post Number:#311  Postby sanpete » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:05 am

Scipio come on now you know Paula. She is her mothers daughter.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#312  Postby Scipio » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:43 am

Oh! You mean that Paula.

My bad.
Scipio

Post Number:#313  Postby Scipio » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:57 am

And EXPLORER71,
Everyone from Gary (current owner of the alleged Lost Josephine) to George Thompson have had a theory or two about a vein, structure, stratum, layer or whatever, running through the Utah mountains. Some go so far as to include the Oquirrhs and ranges south to Eureka in the mix as historically, they have all shown to have enormous mineral reserves. But whether that mineral content is derived from one overarching formation stretching through miles of mountains or several formations appearing randomly at various locations is conjecture. Interesting, but still just conjecture. Following the theory could be extremely beneficial but it wouldn't prove it true ... or untrue. It would however, support the notion made here many times, that " the gold is where you find it". If following a large formation, either real or imagined, leads you to that gold, then who cares if the theory or formation are real? Your new Ferrari certainly will be.
Scipio

Previous

Return to Lost Rhoades Mine