More myths about the Lost Rhoades mines busted

Discussions focusing on the Lost Rhoades Mine ...

Re: More myths about the Lost Rhoades mines busted

Post Number:#226  Postby Redcloud » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:50 am

No one can ever expect the Church to come clean about that matter.

The church come clean? The church hasn't done anything wrong or other wise that it needs to "come clean" on.
Redcloud

Post Number:#227  Postby PjRhoades » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Well I have a hard time imagining anyone beleiving anything that Boren has wrote... hmmm and it was the Rhoades mines that helped bail out the church they will never admit fully so just like the gold on the angel moroni came from California wellthey fail to mention it came from my Great Grandfather, who was called back to Utah by the church. I so have letters and I guess this is just one more way for people to try and seem like they know what they are talking about. So, I will just say your more likely to get the truth about the matter from a Rhoades than from the church or from Boren!!!
PjRhoades

Post Number:#228  Postby sanpet » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:55 am

PjRhoades wrote:Well I have a hard time imagining anyone believing anything that Boren has wrote... hmmm and it was the Rhoades mines that helped bail out the church they will never admit fully so just like the gold on the angel moroni came from California wellthey fail to mention it came from my Great Grandfather, who was called back to Utah by the church. I so have letters and I guess this is just one more way for people to try and seem like they know what they are talking about. So, I will just say your more likely to get the truth about the matter from a Rhoades than from the church or from Boren!!!

Having a hard time believing anything that boren writes? I too have a hard time believing anything by him. He has tryed to change the history of Sanpete County, Utah. I have a hard time with Jason and the argonauts here in Sanpete County, Utah.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpet

Post Number:#229  Postby Lostaslost » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:08 pm

Sorry about all of you not believing a word Boren writes. Then to I am not sorry. As long as no believes what Boren writes they will never ever find any of the 3 mines that are the very rich Sacred Mines and that is a good thing. All of you keep talking bad about Boren and spread the word please!

Boren if you are reading this, someway let me know and try and contact me. Go thru RL and hopefully this could work. We have comunicated before thru the Utah Treasure Form site back a year and a half when you where using Twisted. I talked to you concerning my find. Again I never did see the rock heart that you said was right at the entrance but I was not looking. You saw the picture of the heart found in the dead spruce.

I once saw your coded message dealing with the Hoyt after the fact.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#230  Postby SilenceIsGolden » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:12 am

Well lost, next summer I hope to be able to publish here the locations of three of Caleb's lost mines that I have been exploring for years.

When I do this all will be able to see that Boren wrote an amazing amount of truth. All they have to do is hike out to the mines and compare them with what he wrote and see that yes, he wrote exact truth. I will also be able to demonstrate the truth in what he and Gale published in Footprints.

Truth is easy to verify in the field, either it matches up or it doesn't. Boren wrote a lot that can be proven.
SilenceIsGolden

Post Number:#231  Postby Lostaslost » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:57 pm

Silence I know you would be careful about what you publish. So you can not possibley be publishing anything on the 3 Sacred Mines. The Utes I imagine just about drive theirselves nuts in reading all of this forum. I can not even start to imagine the job they have to deal with.

Silence did I ever meet you? I have wondered if I may have meet you and your wife in the mountains during August of 2006 just for about a couple of minutes.

You would remember if so.

My offer to you is still open concerning the Pine Mine. Looking into the Uinta Mountains is making me sick. I can not stand to see the snow so early. It will be a long time until the next hunt rools around for the mines. Summers are to short here. This is fully the reason why the mines have went unfound for so long.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#232  Postby SilenceIsGolden » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:19 pm

Lost, I don't have all of Boren's books, so I'm not sure which three you consider the sacred mines. I have always figured all of Caleb's mines were probably sacred to the Utes for one reason or another.

I have also often wondered if the mines (aside from Carre Shin Ob) are themselves sacred, or if the burials there make them sacred, or if they aren't really sacred but the secret of them is. Translating Ute language is notoriously difficult, in English it would be hard to know if the mines are sacred, or if the knowledge of the locations is. I mean obviously they didn't want the locations known, and perhaps what they describe is a sacred oath on not-so-sacred mines. I guess any way you cut it they don't want those mines found. If many of my ancestors died to close them I wouldn't want them found either.

I've only seen armed Utes hanging around two of Caleb's spots. Because it wasn't hunting season, and in one case they were in a place where you can't hunt, I consider it possible they were guarding something. They clearly weren't out driving livestock. It's also possible they were searching for something, there's plenty of reason to believe some Utes hunt the mines. I don't know what they were up to, I didn't ask and I doubt they would've answered. One of those times they didn't see me, I just sat still and watched them til they rode off. I've already mentioned one of the places I saw them, up on Tworoose Pass near the top of Cabin Creek.

So as usual what I got is confusion about which mines were sacred mines, and also about which mines were Caleb's mines. I'll leave it alone for now, maybe I'll find a copy of Boren's book that I don't have and see which ones he considers sacred. I think I know which seven Caleb spoke of, but I'm not always certain which ones other people are talking about. That confusion is another reason those mines haven't all been found.

Nope, my wife didn't go out there with me in '06. She went with me to see what I found in '04, but we hiked in during the night to keep from meeting anyone. There's a pretty good chance you and I have met though, over the years I've met a lot of folks out there. Quite a few of them looking for the same things I was. I probably met a few people from this forum. The only one I know by sight is Randy though. I saw him a few years back in the mountains, I doubt he remembers.

I could describe myself and my vehicles, and a few people would probably remember seeing me, but I don't want too many people knowing where I search. I purposefully camp far from the mines though, and often take the hardest ways in.

I will take you up on your offer after I finish a couple projects. Probably next year. I would like to get Greg and Trigace in on it if possible as well, Trigace because he's pragmatic and would be able to give a fair judgment of the find, and Greg because he's very close to discovering what I did on his own.
SilenceIsGolden

Post Number:#233  Postby KsTHer » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:36 am

Lost,
I have tried researching some of the mines in the Uintas. I guess I just don't see where you get the idea that the Carre and the Mine of the Utes are one and the same. I thought the Carre was northwest of Vernal, but I guess that there could have been disinformation. I have read some of the books about the Lost Rhoades Mines as well, and I can't see how the Rhoades could be the Lost Josephine aka La Mina de las Yutas (the Mine of the Utes). My question is... where can I find the documentation to come to these conclusions? I haven't had access to all of the books mentioned here, just Of Men and Gold, and Gale's book with the helicopter on the cover. I borrowed these books, so I would have to buy them or borrow them again. I find that they are hard to find for sale. They are not something readily found in Kansas.

Ron
KsTHer

Post Number:#234  Postby Lostaslost » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:02 am

Ron I spent about a hour answering your question completly with info and when I sent it to you it just dissaperared into space. Things happen on the computers and now I never let it bother me. Crap happens!

For your answer it is real simple. This is it and you can believe just what ever you like. You can say this is false and or a lie creadited by all of the authors and or you can have a open mind and believe it.

Go back to Of Men and Gold and go directly to the Garcia Waybill. This was wrote by Garcia hisself. The waybill says:

"Waybill-Year 1722-1814. This waybill pertains to the Mina of the Utes: called later the Josephine to Martinique, (for) the Empress..........Now this is all of the waybill that is actually needed inorder to make my point. Anyone ought to see and understand that The Mine of the Yutas is the Carrie-Shinob. It is plan and simple. Now we have all sorts that will totally disagree just because. Because they can not find it and so they want to call if all a lie. That is great in itself. Forget it all and go your own way.

Now we have Caleb. He states outright that his mine is just an old Spansih Mine. He is correct in this and again the waybill clearly makes this clear. My honest opinion is that this mine is much older than what is showing in the waybill. A whole lot older. First this mines entre is a cave. In this cave lies something very important and I have never talked about it. This cave was dark and I had a small 2 cell flashlight with two C cell batteries in it that I had used all season long in camping and entering places that I needed light. The batteries where weak and I knew I did not have near enough light to be stumbling around in the Carrie. I would have to have went down a stairway and the total distance would have been 54 paces according to the information that is available to all. Then there would have been huge stacks of gold and silver bars stacked high along the walls. Tons of it!

Then on further back there would have been the Keepers right along with Walkera. San Pete would have been near by. Somewhere there would have been a treasure and I am totally convinced that it would be the same treasure that is dealt with in the Movie National treasure 2. Laugh away and say I am crazy as a loon. That is Ok with me and I am a total nut case. Hell my wife says everyday I am like a little kid. She has now said that for 33 years. She is the nut case for being with me this long.

Somewhere not 75 yards calculated by info again that is available to all I am saying that there is the very rich vein structure that totals in assay at more than 800 ounces of gold per ton. I think the silver is like 2000 ouces per ton if I remember right. Now for the kicker this assay is for the poor grade stuff as Caleb did not want to start a Klondike type rush. Now never have a open mind and believe everyone else about this issure. Gold silpley does not run in a vein structure like this. That is right and the authors where evidently lieing again to sell their books. Perhaps Caleb and Hathenbrock wanted to leave a legacy that would live forever. So the whole story is make believe and that makes it all simple. Believe aht you want!

I am saying that this treasure could very well be just what Boren describes. It could actually be Montazuma's Treasure and I think I have found some evidence of this. It would deal with codes. Then we also have the Ark of Covenant. Now I am a nut case! I will just suggest all to read Borens book Following the Ark of Covenant. Then you can decide for yourself. Then you will totally understand why people say Boren is a lier and I am a fool for believing him.

Ron you can order most of the books thru Amazon.com. Type in the name of the books and or the authors and go from there. You can also order thru Roger Muir at Rocky Mountain Prospectors Supply, 153 No. State, Orem, Utah 84057. His PH # is 801-224-3493. He has any book available and some that you will not find anywhere else. Tell him Lost sent you.

The authors you are concerned with are:
Gale Rhoades
Steve Shaffer
George Thompson
Dale Bascom
Kerry Ross Boren

This ought to get you started and on your way. Paula and or PjRhoades has her dads book Waybill to Lost Spanish Mines and Tresures for sale right here. Get it while you can.

Then there is also other info in dealing with it all but this is a long ways off for you right now. Not many are going to get into it this deep.

Ron any other info you are wanting, ask away. Nope I will never tell the location as the Utes has said they will take my scalp. Redman done did that!

Lost and full of it!
Lostaslost

Post Number:#235  Postby Terrible1 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Lostaslost wrote:Go back to Of Men and Gold and go directly to the Garcia Waybill. This was wrote by Garcia hisself. The waybill says:

"Waybill-Year 1722-1814. This waybill pertains to the Mina of the Utes: called later the Josephine to Martinique, (for) the Empress..........Now this is all of the waybill that is actually needed inorder to make my point. Anyone ought to see and understand that The Mine of the Yutas is the Carrie-Shinob. It is plan and simple.

How is this all thats needed? That tells me nothing. You do realize how many Josephine De Martinique mines there were right? It was quite the fad to name your mine for the Empress to make grace. Mina of the Utes.... Mine of the Utes.... That doesnt mean the Carrie. Lost the reason thats the only part of the Waybill that you need is because the rest of it doesnt add up to your theory, only the first sentence. The river, the valley, the entire description doesnt add up to be the Carrie unless the Carrie is a long ways off the Res.

I've never questioned whether you entered the Carrie, never will. But the Waybill doesnt get you there.

As for the Authors, other than the things written about that have been found or authenticated the rest is best guess or stories manipulated over the years. All of the stories are word of mouth passed down over generations, I heard the same stories as a kid from Corns Laroses son. They were a bit different than what I've read in the books but all good tales change with time to make them better.
Terrible1

Re:The Lost Josephine One More Time!

Post Number:#236  Postby Lostaslost » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:22 pm

Terrible, evidently you do want to play the game. In order to play the game you have to learn the game. The game is called Treasure Hunt and it is worth more money than you can ever imagine. Now you have found it! Are you just going to give it all away?

I will hold your hand here and guide you through this. My suggestion to you and anyone else is to go out and buy Kenworthy’s five small books of the Kings Codes. Now I know you are going to throw something else up like he is another lying author and he is out to make a fortune selling his lies. So let me say before you can that Kenworthy never paid ¼ of a million for the Kings Codes. He never used them himself nor would he know how to. The other author who wrote that Kenworthy had found the Lost Dutchmen was also a liar and certainly Kenworthy never removed 13 & ½ million from the Dutchmen. That will again make your story sound good to the non-believers. Yep, there is many and always will be.

The king’s rules were to write the waybill and have it coded. This was for his protection so that you do not get to his treasure chest and it has evidently worked. So now we have a big problem and especially for the few individuals that just don’t get it. There is also another big problem here. Who had the waybill before Gale got to it? Yes it came from the University supposedly. Something is definitely missing on the waybill and or the whole complete waybill was never printed in Shaffer’s book, The Lost Josephine and or Of Men and Gold. George Thompson had the waybill in his book also.

Did you ever give it any consideration at all that the two of them may not have wanted you to see the complete thing? Now in no way am I calling any one a liar here. Let’s just say that someway I had figured it all out (I haven’t) but are you going to call me a liar because I do not tell you how to use it? The waybill is apparently not complete and there is a reason for this.

Now for your deal on there being a whole bunch of Josephine’s in the Uintas Mountains. Well we definitely have documentation on one. Your response is that you will call it a lie but I bet you got wild dreams of finding a fortune at the Hoyt!

For all here who want to argue the point, go out and buy a good book on Lost Treasures and Mines. You are more than likely going to see that the Lost Josephine is in it. So now let’s say that it has to be in the Henry Mts. I will bet just like the Josephine we also have a Santa Anna River and a Timpanogos river to go right on along with it all. No need to give any of this any thought.

Also here we want to make a good dozen filthy rich mines in the Uintas. Hell there really may be. What do you say Utes? Let’s see here just for beginners here. We have the Carrie-Shinob. We have the Mine of the Yutas. We have the Lost Josephine. We have the Brigham Young Mine. We also have the Sacred Mine # 2. Does anybody here actually know the real name of the Sacred Mine # 2? Why not? The Utes certainly do and I do also. For anyone else who knows please keep it to yourself. Lets keep the unknowing in the dark here and see if they can study any.

Terrible in no way am I trying to make you and or anybody else mad here. If you want to find a fortune it is going to take some study and thinking. All of the authors are liars and so you had better get busy with your own research. Throw away all of the years and years of the research that all of the authors have accumulated. It just doesn’t make any since to me at all.

One more thing here Terrible, never have I ever hunted on the reservation.

Lost again!
Lostaslost

Post Number:#237  Postby Terrible1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:36 am

:lol:

I dont have dreams of getting rich on Hoyts, I'm not delusional. I've made more money out of old mines than most of the guys out there marching around looking for a stack of gold bars. I've done it honestly and not lied or had to write a book to do it. At least I've made enough to pay for my hobby.

You see I dont have a goal of finding a golden treasure on Hoyts, my goal is to put the entire puzzle together, find the missing pieces so to speak. The history on Hoyts has to work backwards. Hell figuring out what happened up there with Gale is as important as figuring out what happened 200 years ago.

If...IF I can find a couple more pieces of the puzzle then I think we'll have most of it put together then we dig. If I find an empty hole in the ground then we have solved a mystery. If I find a hole in the ground that was used by the Spanish as something other than a mine then we have something of historical significance and thats something important to me. It unlocks much more of the puzzle. You see Hoyts fascinates me not because of the Waybill or the fantasy of buried gold, it fascinates me because I know theres something significant up there to be revealed. It's not treasure in monetary form but historical significance and the end of a lot of turmoil for some people.

I would rather live with the satisfaction of solving a mystery than the burden of finding a treasure.

As for research, the books to me are good reading. I enjoy them quite a bit and there is some information to be pulled from them. I dont think I would use them as a base for what I'm doing other than just the bare bones of it all. I'm not real good with decoding maps and the sort... I have good legs and a strong back. Combine that with access to some pretty incredible technology and a long walk and you can find a few things. I've been privy to hear lies spewed form people mouths about all of this and I wont get caught up in that. Why would you listen to anyones information about where a treasure might be if they are looking for it too? They wont tell you the truth.

Lost, we should have a cup of coffee one day. I'm sure we could keep each other entertained for hours.
Terrible1

Post Number:#238  Postby KsTHer » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:07 pm

Lost, I will not accuse you in this forum or any other. I was just trying to get concrete evidence or information to tell me that the Carre Shinob and the Josephine are the same. So far my research hasn't led me there. Thanks for the info on other authors, I will try to get some of the books by the authors you have mentioned.
By the way, how much gold or other treasure is in the Josephine aka Mine of the Utes? Are the Utes watching it? I'd have to drive 1800 miles roughly to search for it any way. I'd hate to have the Utes after me if I did find anything. It isn't on reservation ground as far as I know. I am having a lot of fun researching it though.
Ron
KsTHer

Post Number:#239  Postby sanpet » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:37 pm

Lost I am not accusing you of anything nore will I. My biggest problem is boren trying to change the the history of Sanpete County, Utah. My family on both sides were among the first settlers of Sanpete. They helped build the Manti Temple. I know the history here. The biggest problem I have is boren saying that "JASON and the ARGONAUTS" were here in Sanpete.BS
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpet

Post Number:#240  Postby Terrible1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:29 pm

Maybe they filmed part of the movie there.
Terrible1

rhoades mines

Post Number:#241  Postby badolddog » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:34 pm

One mine that rhoades never found is in hoyt canyon,for the past 13 years
i have searched the records and the mountain, i have a map carved in a tree that shows the location of the mina de utas, i found a heart tree, with 2 treasure symbols carved in it, also trees with spanish arrows, and the tree
with the mine marker on it.hopefully this spring i will open it. Any questions?
badolddog

Re: rhoades mines

Post Number:#242  Postby mrjimsfc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:51 pm

badolddog wrote:Any questions?

Do you have any idea how bad you're giong to piss off all these so called experts on the Hoyt Peak Mine/Treasure? BTW, is it anywhere near the place the "Garcia Waybill" describes? None of the other mines/holes in the ground seem to be.
"Nobody wants to listen to the voice of reason when there's a good hysteria to be had. Humans are like that."
mrjimsfc

Post Number:#243  Postby Lostaslost » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:33 pm

MrJim it is not in any way The Mine of the Yutas. It could be a map of the thing but it is not at the Hoyt meaning the mine. You can take that to the bank. All of the gold that is at the mine of the Yutas and not an ouce ever found. I just wonder why this is? Go figure!

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#244  Postby mrjimsfc » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:15 pm

Lostaslost wrote:You can take that to the bank. Lost

Oooh! I hope so! No one else seems to have been able to do so.
"Nobody wants to listen to the voice of reason when there's a good hysteria to be had. Humans are like that."
mrjimsfc

Re: rhoades mines

Post Number:#245  Postby orion » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:25 pm

badolddog wrote:One mine that rhoades never found is in hoyt canyon,for the past 13 years
i have searched the records and the mountain, i have a map carved in a tree that shows the location of the mina de utas, i found a heart tree, with 2 treasure symbols carved in it, also trees with spanish arrows, and the tree
with the mine marker on it.hopefully this spring i will open it. Any questions?

Yes. Just one. How was your spring? I hope so.
orion

Post Number:#246  Postby jannypan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:51 pm

I'm wondering what I should do. If I email the guy and tell him that what he has pictured does not appear to be gold . . . what if he gets mad and hates me for all of eternity?
jannypan

Post Number:#247  Postby KsTHer » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:18 pm

jannypan,

What picture are you referring to?

I went through all pages of this topic and found only one picture worth mention and it said Tellurium. I believe that it was referring to the small specks of silver looking metal (if that is what it is). I never saw any gold picture in this forum topic. Sometimes, I have trouble getting the pages to load so maybe that one just isn't loading for me.

As far as anyone on the forum hating you for all eternity, I don't believe that that would be near enough to warrant that. There are some strong dissensions among forum members but it generally takes an outright accusation of wrong-doing to get anyone that mad. Apologies aren't needed where you are correct. If incorrect, a simple concession is all that is necessary. (Of course, I could be wrong in which case I will gladly concede my mistake. ;=)

Ron
KsTHer

Post Number:#248  Postby Lostaslost » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:27 am

Jannypan this site is supposedly a learning site. I know I have learned a whole lot here. I am like Kansas and saying that I do not think that the individual would be hurt by telling him that he needs to check out his supposedly gold just a little bit better in order that he can be sure of what he has and or that you yourslef might learn something. Surly he has read enought to know if he has gold and or not. It is not that hard of a deal to check it out yourslef and then you also learn something.

Does the metal look gold and or not? Does the metal tail in a pan? Is it actually heavy enough to tail? Is the metal soft? Can you put acid on the metal and it stay as is? Now if it passes all of these test then it is time to have it assayed.

I have found this site to be one of the better ones for learning. Yes there is a lot of arguements over basically nothing. People get angry here over long past family matters and their opinions dealing with matters of the Rhoades Mine. Ins some case we are talking about matters that took place over 100 years ago. The individuals are argueing over family that they never even knew. I have seen this in more than one case.

Well I have not been kicked off of this site yet. This is not the case in all matters. You know something and a person wantrs help and you refuse to help for whatever reason. Well did that person really want your help and or just to hold his hand and lead him straight to a mine? You say you don't want to help to to the fact you know nothing is where they are supposedlty wanting your help for. Now you are blackballed and this is good enough for me. Why would anyone want to be on a site like that to begine with? Make a good post that could help anyone and they take and remove it and keep it for theirselves. Now this sounds like a place for everyone to learn something doesn't it?

I think Whyte runs this site really well and we should all appreciate it. There is something for everyone to learn here. When I first got on this site I never even imagined some of the stuff I was reading. This opened my mind up a lot and then I could reserch it. This is what we are all here for.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#249  Postby SilenceIsGolden » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:08 pm

http://periodictable.com/Items/Sylvanite/index.html
http://visualsunlimited.photoshelter.co ... vmJOW4Nidw

where have I seen this rock before?

ah yeah, now I remember. It was in this thread. Page 6.
:rofl:
SilenceIsGolden

Post Number:#250  Postby Quinda » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:01 pm

SilenceIsGolden wrote:http://periodictable.com/Items/Sylvanite/index.html
http://visualsunlimited.photoshelter.co ... vmJOW4Nidw

where have I seen this rock before?

ah yeah, now I remember. It was in this thread. Page 6.
:rofl:

That would be post #126 for those of you who have your viewing preferences set to something other than the defaults.

http://www.ancientlosttreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2184#p2184
Quinda
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Rhoades Mine