Whats really going on out there....a notice to sheep

Topics of discussion of other mines which don't match the other topic criteria ...

Post Number:#1  Postby Just Watchin » Sun Dec 22, 2002 9:29 pm

For those of you who dont follow the Utah Treasure forum here is an excerpt from a thread posted under "other Utah mines" under the "tunnels" subheading.

Just Watchin registered
City Slicker
(12/23/02 3:26:40 am)
Reply | Edit Re: We Nooch Society
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, Im going to cover both posts in one thread. The concept of the "We Nooch" sounds admirable in theory. And given the right "board of directors" could actually make an impact. However the reason that I will not join up in 99% due to the some of the members. There are only a few who in my opinion have shown themselves to be honorable and genuinely interested in the history. Those being Digger, Tabbee and Gary and Brent. And in the case of me finding something of historical value, these would be the only people that I would divulge information to. As for the rest, some I dont know, but it seems that the main goal is to make a buck the fastest way possible, case in point is the writing of books, especially those that contain blatent lies and misrepresentations. And some that are just a rehash of the same old, same old. Am I the only one out there that reads through some of these books and says "hmmm, I think I have read this before." Not that there isnt some useful information in some of them, but especially some of the more recent publications...case in point...the last chapter of "the Gold of Carre-Shinob", Boren desribes an elaborate "showcase" of skeletons, and chests of gold, and a chamber plated with gold, and a giant throne, with an alter that was appearantly used for human sacrifice.
This is such BS, Is there something in Ute history or Spanish history of this area that I missed?? I wasnt aware that the Utes and/or the Spaniard were in the custom of human sacrifice. Tabbee, care to shed some light on this?? Oh and the best indication of the character of Boren at least..

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have never broken my oath to those good people. By revealing the contents of Carre-Shinob I am not breaking that oath; my promise was to take notheing and never return, and never to tell where it lies.

So basically I guess whoever he made his oath to said that it was fine to give general directions to the cave, as long as they werent actual GPS points, and that it would be fine to write a book about it and profit from the same.
I dont think so.
Not to mention the fact that the "carre-shinob" has never been described as anything like that, are all the indians so bored that they go up to the cave and clean it up, organize everything so that it looks good, and make it visitor friendly??
His desription is a bunch of crap, yet it is passed off as real, hey he was there right??
So basically you have I guy that will print whatever lies it takes to make $$ and break his promises in principle if not in the letter of the contract when it so benefits him. Is this not accurate??
And as to some of the others, pictures of relics that are completely fake, yet passed off as real, until someone calls the bluff, and then its passed off as a joke?? So is that what most of the postings are, a joke??
And as to never selling anything,

Quote:
Steve nor I have never taken anything and sold it,, we only document things and photograPH THEM....

I seem to remeber a few finger bars of "gold" that were found, someone....was it Shaffer, was selling them at $1300 a piece, and they were solid gold, or at least thats what was said, and when assayed they come back to have an actual value of around $500, there was no history in these bars, they could have been made yesterday for what information they had.
That in my mind would be selling something that was found, unless they werent really found at all but just cast in an effort to raise...yeah, you guessed it, $$$.

And as for getting off the couch, I have been out and about in this state for almost 12 years now, seen a lot of neat things, found a lot of neat things. And I did it on my own or with people that I would trust my life to.

And as for sitting behind and alias, some of the things that I have said would have serious reprocussions to people that trust me should the wrong people find out about them. Hence the alias. I was hoping for some info verification, and requested the permission of those involved, to post some of this up. After discussion it was decided that an alias would be the safest way to reach our goal. Should I put my friends in harms way because I am taunted, I think not, add Boren to my name and maybe I would.

Quote:
why don't you come out and say what you mean and who you are,, unless you have something to hide...

Well I have told you what I have to hide. And as for what I mean I thought I was being obvious but if not then here it is.

"I think there is a lot of bullshit smoke and mirrors that goes on here, I think there are also a lot of good people on this forum who look up to some of you and I dont think they deserve to be decieved or lied to. They are earnestly trying to learn something and maybe find something as well, they dont deserve to be looked down on, kept out of secrets, and have little jokes baited over their heads." You took the movie guys up to the "secret" indian mine filled them with a bunch a crap about it and then covered it back up. This is the same mine up under the chalk cliffs that has ore assaying at $290 to the ton, right?? So if the movie comes out and someone recognizes the cave and its location then one of two things happen, he lets the proverbial cat out of the bag and makes the producers look like fools. Or someone with a nice big budget and a few good lawyers and politicians comes in, and finds a way to take a little more from the Utes.
This is the way you are preserving history??

Here is my opinion for what it is worth...to everyone out there, get out on your own, find something that interests you and seek it out, depend on no one to "show you the way", if they knew it they would have already been there. Trust what you see and feel, not what you are told. Always watch your back and for Gods sake, be honest, and worthy of the trust that people may place in you.

At some point when most of the stuff going on with me has blown over I will make it known who I am, but until then I will remain...Just Watchin
Just Watchin

Post Number:#2  Postby Unregistered User » Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:00 am

I've got a curiosity habit that I can't shake. I've spent 30 years as a searcher and my primary motivation is to get to the truth. As one far removed from Utah and its people, but very interested in both forums and hopefully open-minded, I'll offer the following comments to your post. These are my opinions only.

1. Carre-Shinob. Sure, there may be some old mines up there, even a couple with good values in the ore. As far as the "sacred legends" and outrageous "history" of the thing being pushed in the various publications? Pure sensationalized pulp fiction, in my opinion. This is comic book stuff.

2. Boren. The PT Barnum of Utah history. Pay your nickle and see the freak show. Too bad, because the guy has a great knack for research and true history. Trouble is he takes a solid foundation of known facts and tries to mold them into his own dilusional theories. This should be obvious to his readers, but they'll have to throw away their blinders to admit it.

3. Utah atifacts. I have no axe to grind with the LDS, but there is a disturbing cloud hanging over many of the claims made by writers who use controversial artifacts to bolster their religious views of history. My feeling is that a researcher does not begin with a pre-defined solution and cook up proof to validate it. Same goes for the "Spanish" stuff.

4. Gold bars. Please, use your heads. If you located hidden gold bars, would you photograph them as "proof" and crow about what you could sell them for? On the internet, no less? This begs for big trouble unless the whole thing is a scam. You decide.

5. Rules of thumb for searchers - my opinions only. Use your head and evaluate where your information is coming from and what motivates those who provide it. Go out in the hills and validate all clues in person. Realize that those who truly know the secrets have no reason to reveal them to the public. When your hard work takes you down the wrong path, swallow the bitter pill and keep looking for the correct path. If something feels wrong, find out why. If you're fortunate to find something really good, keep your mouth shut.
Unregistered User

Post Number:#3  Postby Blke36bimmer » Mon Dec 23, 2002 7:52 am

Well at least Im not the only one who thinks Boren is full of pucky!!
Blke36bimmer

Re: Whats really going on out there....a notice to sheep

Post Number:#4  Postby sanpete » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Unregistered User wrote:I've got a curiosity habit that I can't shake. I've spent 30 years as a searcher and my primary motivation is to get to the truth. As one far removed from Utah and its people, but very interested in both forums and hopefully open-minded, I'll offer the following comments to your post. These are my opinions only.

1. Carre-Shinob. Sure, there may be some old mines up there, even a couple with good values in the ore. As far as the "sacred legends" and outrageous "history" of the thing being pushed in the various publications? Pure sensationalized pulp fiction, in my opinion. This is comic book stuff.

2. Boren. The PT Barnum of Utah history. Pay your nickle and see the freak show. Too bad, because the guy has a great knack for research and true history. Trouble is he takes a solid foundation of known facts and tries to mold them into his own dilusional theories. This should be obvious to his readers, but they'll have to throw away their blinders to admit it.

3. Utah atifacts. I have no axe to grind with the LDS, but there is a disturbing cloud hanging over many of the claims made by writers who use controversial artifacts to bolster their religious views of history. My feeling is that a researcher does not begin with a pre-defined solution and cook up proof to validate it. Same goes for the "Spanish" stuff.

4. Gold bars. Please, use your heads. If you located hidden gold bars, would you photograph them as "proof" and crow about what you could sell them for? On the internet, no less? This begs for big trouble unless the whole thing is a scam. You decide.

5. Rules of thumb for searchers - my opinions only. Use your head and evaluate where your information is coming from and what motivates those who provide it. Go out in the hills and validate all clues in person. Realize that those who truly know the secrets have no reason to reveal them to the public. When your hard work takes you down the wrong path, swallow the bitter pill and keep looking for the correct path. If something feels wrong, find out why. If you're fortunate to find something really good, keep your mouth shut.

How true this is. This should be read bu all who reads these posting.........................................Sanpet
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#5  Postby sanpete » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:53 pm

Blke36bimmer wrote:Well at least Im not the only one who thinks Boren is full of pucky!!

You are no alone.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#6  Postby Lostaslost » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Well some of what is talked about here I do know. Other of what is talked about here I have no idea. Gold bars a joke just ani't so and everyone here should know this. Anyone in the know sure knows the gold on the reservation is fact. Everyone should know at treasure Hill it is a fact. I imagine some will say that it was a made up storyu of someone being shot. certainly the Utes would want it left like that. I am not saying anything against the Utes here with this. The white was trespassing although supposedly had a fishing licence. He just ran when he was told to stop I guess.

As for Boren I am saying he knows whart he talks about. I will say that I am only saying that for the Carrie. Sanpet you would not be following the site if you though anything else. As for the other Treasure you say you read. Can you comprheand whart you read? You had better be doing something more than Just Watching! Sanopet you know better!

A gold bar worth $500. Just exactly when would this have been. I will say you are talking melt value. I have alwatys figured gold assayed here in the Uintas at 80% and that is as you know very resonable. Deduct 20% on the Mormon gold coins. Does this sound like what was printed. Not anything was smelted down and purfied. the mormons did not purife the gold. They maybe smelted it but this is not going to remove the impurities. The spanish took the raw gold and smelted it and then poured it into moulds and they did not waste their time otherwise and you know it. The Carrie-Shinob and the Sacred mine # 2 is just a dream and certainly not Sacred. The BYM mine is a dream also. You keep dreaming and watching and you will be fine.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#7  Postby Tanelorn » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi,

Mormon coins were of a lower gold percentage than the current U.S. currency at that time and even Colonel Patrick Connor (commander of Fort Douglas) dissuaded his troops from taking them due to their lower gold content. The Spanish bars that have been assayed were roughly 80% gold, 15% silver and 5% copper. Very close to the composition of Electrum, well except for the copper part, but close nonetheless. One could surmise from this fact that Mormon coin currency was possibly minted from Spanish gold bars. I believe that George A. Thompson speaks on this subject in his book "Faded Footprints."

Take care,

Daniel
Nestradetu@Hotmail.com
"Pack it in, pack it out. Keep our wilderness pristine."
Tanelorn

Return to Other Mines