A different kind of fraud

For discussion of individuals involved with hoaxing ...

A different kind of fraud

Post Number:#1  Postby Terry L Carter » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Quit a few years ago while doing research on the Mystery Glyphs here in Utah I came upon this piece of information submitted to the state archaeological history department. Now if I hadn’t have already done a lot of research to know that the mystery glyphs were at the very minimum 150 years old, that the Fillmore site was photographed in 1925 by Frank Beckwith and had a mining claim filed on them in 1939 by Walt Percell, then I may have believed this persons stated factual testimony to the fact that they were a hoax. This type of fraudulent reporting is a travesty to those of us who are trying to do serious research as to the different mysteries that surround us. I wanted to know why this person would file such a report with the state, when I knew it was in of its self a fraud. I contacted the two people who supposedly carved the Fillmore site and asked them about their involvement in carving this site. Both individuals had moved out of Fillmore shortly after graduating high school and had know knowledge of these hieroglyphs let alone what they looked like. One of the individuals was so furious at the fact that he had been accused of perpetrating a hoax that he threatened to sue the individual who accused him (as he had never heard anything about this until I showed him the paper filed with the state). When I told R. Brunson about this particular site being photographed in 1925 and about all the other sites scattered through out the western united states with an older history dated than her 1946 or 1947 date all she would say is that she didn’t know anything about that she just knew that the two boys in her class carved them.

So you have to stand back and look at the whole picture when doing your research, does the information your looking at make sense. In this case, did the women really believe that her classmates did the carving or did she want credit and recognition for solving the Fillmore hieroglyph mystery? What do you think?
Attachments
Hap hyro.jpg
Hap hyro.jpg (55.78 KiB) Viewed 1032 times
Fillmore fraud.jpg
Fillmore fraud.jpg (649.47 KiB) Viewed 1032 times
Terry L Carter
Site Admin

Re: A different kind of fraud

Post Number:#2  Postby bonuntr » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:03 pm

All I can say is WOW! It just goes to show that the only research you can really trust is your own blood, sweat, and tears. There are probably many, many similar cases that would bear further investigation that could result in your findings of fraud on a completely different level. Almost seems backwards that one would come forth to prove the writings were a hoax, you would expect the opposite, (a hoax being proved wrong by fact instead of vice-versa).
Rock
So many mysteries on earth...so little time here...
bonuntr

Re: A different kind of fraud

Post Number:#3  Postby Randy W Lewis » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:31 am

Fraud this is a good one,,, I guess it depends on who does it.. there is a guy on these forums that is selling other peoples research for profit,, he has NEVER found anything of his own,, ever,, just parasites off what he can,, he never goes far off the road,, he has people thinking he is G-R-E-A-T... sells phoney books,, you all know who this is,, OK,,, who wants a copy of Dale Bascoms copper map... this is authentic.... but maybe the guy I am talking about has already sold the info,,, Frauds,,,,, please this is real sick!!!!
Randy W Lewis

Return to Individuals