We Found Forrest Fenns Treasure

Discussions of the Forrest Fenn Treasure ...

We Found Forrest Fenns Treasure

Post Number:#1  Postby Terry L Carter » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:36 pm

How we found Forrest Fenn’s treasure
Our trip report

Last week I received a phone call from Whyte Eagle asking if I would be interested in accompanying him on a preliminary scouting expedition trip to New Mexico to gather more information about an area he suspected could possibly be housing Forrest Fenn’s treasure. I told him I would love to tag along especially when he told me we would be passing by an area in Colorado where I had the name of a person who possible new where a new Mystery Glyph site was located. I had an address for this person but couldn’t find a phone number for him, so visiting him in person was about my only option. Whyte Eagle picked me up at 6:00 AM Thursday morning and we were off to our first stop in Colorado. Arriving at our destination in Colorado was a huge disappointment as the person who had lived there had passed away a year ago and the property had been sold and the new owners knew nothing. Checking with some of the neighbors, we found that this man had a son, we found the sons address and went to visit him at his house. No one was home so we left a note and headed for New Mexico. About a half hour down the road we got a phone call from the son stating that he was now home and that he would meet us at the local cafe. We turned around and a half hour later we were sitting down with Rob at the local café table. I started talking about the Mystery Glyphs http://www.mysteryglyphs.com/ and how they were scattered all across the western United States. All of a sudden he pulled out of his pocket a flat black rock about the size of a chicken egg, and handed it to me. I was absolutely flabbergasted because what I was holding in my hand was a rock that had been carved to look like an Egyptian scarab beetle with Egyptian hieroglyphs carved all over it front and back.

Rob began to tell us how he had found it in the early 1950’s on a small knoll by his home when he was 4 or 5 years old. We took photos of the scarab and documented the site location. The Ancient Historical Research foundation is already scheduled to research, document and translate an Egyptian hieroglyph site at lake Powell that may or may not be related to the Grand Canyon Egyptian site that was discovered by G.E. Kincaid and written about in the Phoenix gazette on April 5th 1909, so having this scarab translated will also be added to our agenda.

We thanked Rob for sharing his find with us and then headed on down the road towards Chama New Mexico were Whyte Eagle speculated Mr. Fenn could have hidden his treasure. For clue #1 Begin it at where warm waters Halt, Whyte figured it had to be a dam, but which dam? So on to clue #2 #3 #4 And take it in the canyon down, not far but to far to walk, put in below the home of Brown. Whyte figured that because Mr. Fenn was an avid fly fisherman maybe Brown had to do with the brown trout so he did a web search and to his surprise at the base of the dam on the Chama river was caught the record Brown trout, so he had the answer as to which dam.

We headed to Coopers El Vado Ranch below the dam on the Chama River where the record brown trout is hanging on the wall. There we talked to the owner operator of the El Vado Ranch David Cooper who was eager to answer all of our questions. Seems like we were not the only ones to come to the conclusion that this was the starting point to Mr. Fenn’s treasure hunt. David told us that a lot of people had been coming by looking for the treasure and he speculated a lot more would be coming in the future.

Next we headed to some areas down stream of the river, were we stumbled upon these two memorials with a beautiful view over looking the Chama river, these memorials were dedicated to a Mr. Jones in 1975.

In talking with some of the locals we learned that Mr. Jones was Guy Jones A.K.A. Turkey Jones and that this was the memorial site for him and his dog. Some said he was a mobster from Chicago others said he was a cattle rustler while still others said he was none of the above, just a nice old gentleman who homesteaded the area. Either way I am jealous of the beauty, scenery and sights of his memorial.
Terry L Carter

Re: We found Forrest Fenns treasure

Post Number:#2  Postby Terry L Carter » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:44 pm

How we found Forrest Fenn’s treasure
Our trip report Part 2

Next we hiked down the canyons of the Rio Nutrias headed down towards the Chama River where we found this strange site

Looks like once upon a time some one was getting ready to dig a hole and possibly bury something in this canister. As was evident by the shovel, pick, post hole digger and the pry bar lying near by the canister. They also left their tent, as if they had planned on coming back at a latter date to get the job done, but never returned. Getting the canister down the canyon alone was no minor feat as it was fairly heavy and had to be carried in by hand. One can only wonder at what their intent was.

It wasn’t until our last day there that we finally figured out were the treasure was. Mr. Fenn’s real treasure isn’t the bronze box filled with a million dollars worth of gold, diamonds, emeralds and jewelry. That’s just the motivation to get people out to find the real treasure, the real treasure, the things that are priceless to a dying man is the things we found. We found it in the new friends we met on this trip, we found it in the stories we heard that most people will never get to hear, we found it in the things we got to see that most people will never get see, so we feel like we found Forrest’s treasure. So Mr. Fenn thank you for sharing your treasure with us, we will be back to find some more of your treasures and if we just happen to find your treasure chest, well that will just be icing on the cake.

Thanks,
Terry L. Carter
Terry L Carter

Re: We Found Forrest Fenns Treasure

Post Number:#3  Postby roughrockxxx » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:46 pm

fascinating...
Thanks for that post and the adventure terry and shawn
roughrockxxx

Re: We Found Forrest Fenns Treasure

Post Number:#4  Postby littlered » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:10 am

I agree Terry. Great post, I wish I could have been on that adventure. I have a map highlighted of the same course you took. Maybe a side canyon or trail different here and there but basically the same route. I expected you to end the post with "April fool" but was delighted that you did not. Better luck next time. The scarab rock was interesting. Thanks for posting it. Search on. littlered
littlered

Return to Forrest Fenn's Treasure