Human effigy head found in Illinois

Discussions centered around North American artifacts ...

Human effigy head found in Illinois

Post Number:#1  Postby zelph » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:06 pm

A friend of mine told me of a pecked head he found in an Illinois state park 80 miles from where I live. I had visited the area many times and knew of the approximate place where he had found it. I went looking for it and was able to locate it. Park officials deny having knowledge of it. Head is close to pooled water approx. 1 foot above water. I'm standing inside a cave taking the video. The area has archaeological evidence going back into archaic times.

This is a photobucket video...click on it to view:

ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Re: Human effigy head found in Illinois

Post Number:#2  Postby sanpet » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:44 am

Zelph good to see you are back sanpet
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpet

Post Number:#3  Postby mahalla22 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:01 am

Interesting, and seems similar to the carved heads found at ancient sites in South America - also, possibly one in the Pacific Northwest.
mahalla22

Post Number:#4  Postby zelph » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:34 am

sanpet, I'm still roaming the hills and woodlands looking for ancient civilizations :-)
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Post Number:#5  Postby zelph » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Here is a photo showing the cave opening and the head is on the lower left circled in red. You can see a horizontal line of different stone material layered in the above and below sandstone. There is a person standing inside the cave opening that gives a perspective of the size of cave and bluffs that surround the area I'm taking the photo from. Countless years of sand deposits brought in by heavy rains that cascade from a water fall from the right side(out of view) during spring rains.
Attachments
ancient head.PNG
ancient head.PNG (709.23 KiB) Viewed 112 times
zelph

Post Number:#6  Postby mrjimsfc » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Zelph, you're back! Long time, no see. I've missed your accompanying voice of cynicism on some "iffy" claims of authenticity. :~d
"Nobody wants to listen to the voice of reason when there's a good hysteria to be had. Humans are like that."
mrjimsfc

Post Number:#7  Postby zelph » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:28 pm

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com
mrjimsfc There's a lot of good information here.

If the above video fails to link-up try viewing it by following this link:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/obijiwa ... %20writing

Maybe the tribe that carved the head in this video were the same ones that carved the head my friend found. The one in this video was found in the Chicago, Illinois area. Years ago it could be viewed in the Chicago Historical Society Museum but is no longer there.

zelph

Return to North American Artifacts