Adam and Eve in Illinois

Discussions focused on other ancient cultures ...

Adam and Eve in Illinois

Post Number:#1  Postby zelph » Sat May 11, 2013 8:58 pm

We know that Adam and Eve were in Missouri but could very well have visited Illinois for a little R&R :D

Koster site

American Indians used this site in the lower Illinois River valley with relatively few interruptions from 8,700 years ago until around 800 years ago. Evidence spanning 300 or more generations of American life was documented at the site through years of archaeological field work and study in the 1970s.

Artifacts from one of the deepest levels of the excavation (circa 8,500 years ago) document the beginnings of a more settled Archaic way of life. Many important discoveries were made here, including some of the oldest evidence of the use of ground stone for food preparation, the establishment of a cemetery for deceased members of the community, and the presence of domesticated dogs.

Read More:

http://www.museum.state.il.us/muslink/n ... sites.html
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Re: Adam and Eve in Illinois

Post Number:#2  Postby lone77star » Sat May 10, 2014 7:22 pm

zelph wrote:We know that Adam and Eve were in Missouri but could very well have visited Illinois for a little R&R :D ... American Indians used this site in the lower Illinois River valley with relatively few interruptions from 8,700 years ago until around 800 years ago....

Fascinating find and hilarious take on Adam and Eve. But new research pegs the "first couple" quite a bit earlier -- closer to 10.5 Ma. Of course, taking the Bible all literally is no fun. Yet, there are clues that have been in plain sight all this time, but most everyone has missed them. Take Genesis 5:2, for instance.

Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created (Genesis 5:2, KJV).

Notice the words "them," "their" and "they." Notice the words "male" and "female" for "Adam." So here, it's talking about a group or tribe. Perhaps the seemingly outrageous ages of the early patriarchs were those of tribes and not individuals. And, as your article shows, it's quite possible for a tribe to be around for thousands of years.

When I first came upon the 10.5 million figure, I immediately rejected it. Such prejudices run deep in our culture. But I got over it. Such prejudices touch even the scientific community, like with the Valsequillo, Mexico artifacts. The same techniques used to date Olduvai were used on Valsequillo. Olduvai is famous; Valsequillo shunned. Why? Because the Mexican site says, "250,000 years old." Humans in the Americas that long ago would radically change the anthropological texts. But radical change is resisted. Like the "Clovis First" dogma, such prejudices are hard to die. One scientist even said that he would not believe the old dates for Valsequillo no matter what the evidence! Imagine that! A scientist ignoring evidence. The usual comeback by the prejudiced is that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Yet, if evidence is ignored, then they're merely shooting themselves in the foot.

If you've ever read "Forbidden Archaeology" by Michael Cremo, you've already gotten a taste of extremely ancient artifacts -- some millions of years old. But instead of investigating such things more deeply, scientists shun such evidence or merely ridicule it. Pity. Such behavior really shattered my respect for scientists. But occasionally, a maverick will shake things up. It took a few of those to lay the "Clovis First" dogma to rest.
lone77star

Post Number:#3  Postby zelph » Sat May 10, 2014 8:04 pm

Lots of good reading here:

ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Post Number:#4  Postby Scipio » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Where? Don't bait us and then take off. Give us what you've got.

Also, mmmm ... better not.
Scipio

Post Number:#5  Postby Scipio » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:19 pm

Also Lonestar,
Your'e right about literal interpretations of the Bible. Very intriguing conclusions you've jumped to there also. However, no matter how wonderful it may seem, jumping can sometimes lead to trouble. So can interpretations, literal or otherwise. That's where today's (not to be confused with true) Christianity sprang from.

Also, I thought "Clovis" was a kid in "The Apple Dumpling Gang". You gotta love Tim Conway! But if you're really into movies about ancient (or not so) New Mexico, try watching Chisum. Yes, I know it's just an oblique interpretation of true history but, that's what people do when left to their own intellect. Regardless, John Wayne on a big horse taking out all the bad guys ... you gotta love it. And, don't take this wrong but Billy the Kid was an ugly little cuss. That Deuel kid in the movie wasn't. Ugly that is, he may well have been a cuss, I don't really know.

Also, one last note ... My respect for Scientists has never been shattered in the least! Never had any to begin with.

Also another last note ... Shot myself in the hand once, does that count for anything?
Scipio

Return to Ancients, Other