generals gold

Discussion focused on the ancient Asian cultures ...

generals gold

Post Number:#1  Postby sanpete » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:46 pm

In the waning days of WW2 campaign angainst the japs in the Pacific it's said the emperor Hirohito ordered Gen. Tomoyuki Yamashita to hide tons of gold and other goodies in a maze of secret, booby trapped tunnels in the Philippines. This order was carried out on Luzon. Is the gold still there? Me, I believe that Gen. El-Surpemo mccarther made of with it.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Re: generals gold

Post Number:#2  Postby KsTHer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:07 pm

I have heard that there was a ruby found and it was gifted to a good friend of either General Douglas McArthur or General Dwight David Eisenhower. When he passed away, his family knew very little about it and it may have been sold at a garage sale. Who knows? His nephew knew of it, but was not there when the estate was settled. The man's daughters probably had no information of its significance, nor even what it was. It today, more than likely is in a collection or has been placed on an item of jewelry and its owner is happily unaware of its origin as a war relic, let alone a significant piece of history.
:thud: :kl:

It was supposed to have been part of this same treasure trove.
KsTHer

Return to Asian