vietnam

Discussion focused on the ancient Asian cultures ...

vietnam

Post Number:#1  Postby sanpete » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:41 pm

Durning the fall of Vietnam on the last 2 days a Marine general and a south Vietnam general were able to fly 2 Marine C-130's out of Vietnam with as much gold than a C-130 could carry. I have wondered what happened to that gold. anybody have any idea? :zap:
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Re: vietnam

Post Number:#2  Postby zelph » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:53 pm

sanpet wrote:Durning the fall of Vietnam on the last 2 days a Marine general and a south Vietnam general were able to fly 2 Marine C-130's out of Vietnam with as much gold than a C-130 could carry. I have wondered what happened to that gold. anybody have any idea? :zap:

My first guess would be that it wound up in Utah. I'll do a lit research on it and see if I can get map of the general area where it might be. :mrgreen: This group needs some new stuff to search for. :"} First I have to figure out how much a c-130 can haul :geek:
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Post Number:#3  Postby sanpete » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:27 pm

zelph I hope they got away it. I have no use for Vietnam or the people there. If I sound bitter, I am.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#4  Postby zelph » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:00 pm

sanpet wrote:zelph I hope they got away it. I have no use for Vietnam or the people there. If I sound bitter, I am.

I can understand very well. I have buddies that never made it back alive and some that still can't sleep well to this day because of the trauma. I was in the service in 65, 66, and 67. Don't know why I'm still alive and drug free. My life did change drastically at one point when I read the Book of Mormon. Brought me up from the depths of despair!!!! :D I was bitter with the USA Government for a long time because they gave amnesty to the deserters.

We can only hope the gold was well spent :D and also hope that some is out there in Utah for all the Treasure Hunters.
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Return to Asian