Chief Wakara's Final Resting Place

Discussion of the ever elusive location we've come to know as Carre-Shinob ... is it fact or legend?

Re: Chief Wakara's Final Resting Place

Post Number:#51  Postby sanpete » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:42 pm

The story go's that the kids were alive when they were put in the cave or hole. The reasoning was that there crying would keep the bad sprits and the anamels away.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#52  Postby zelph » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Whyte Eagle wrote:
Zelph wrote:In another thread I'll point out what Whyte Eagle has said was stored in the Carre-Shinob

I think most everyone who frequents the forum knows that I have said the Ark of the Covenant was stored at the Carre-Shinob (Cave of Chiefs) for about 300 years ... from the mid 1550's to the mid 1850's ... Ironically it was the interment of Walkara at Carre-Shinob which initiated it's removal from there to where it is now ... Those who were involved in moving it we instructed or inspired (or maybe both) as to where to take it to and also to leave a means by which it could be found again when the time was right for it to come forth once again ...My research into the Ark of the Covenant began while I was serving a Mission in Europe in the early 1980's and the path of that research has lead me to the markers left behind by those who moved it in the 1850's, there are three in total (I have found all three) but only two are required in order to locate it ...

The movie came out at the same time you were on your Mission. Must have been the source of your inspiration to begin your research while you were in Europe. Were you a treasure hunter before going on a mission?

Raiders of the Lost Ark (later marketed as Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark) is a 1981 American adventure film

Sanpet, Walkara should have been left under a pile of rocks where they first buried him. ;=)
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Post Number:#53  Postby sanpete » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:26 pm

Zelph Better be carful here. As you may know some people think them movies are the real thing. CaC
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#54  Postby Whyte Eagle » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:38 pm

Zelph ... I know you might be somewhat ignorant to Mission standards, but going to see a movie while on a mission was something that was not sanctioned as part of the Mission guide lines we followed. I never went to any movies of any kind while serving my Mission in Europe. It's funny you would first think of a temporal source for the start of my research when scripture was a major part of our lives as Missionaries and would be a much more obvious choice to assume.
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#55  Postby zelph » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:42 pm

Whyte Eagle wrote:Zelph ... I know you might be somewhat ignorant to Mission standards, but going to see a movie while on a mission was something that was not sanctioned as part of the Mission guide lines we followed.

I've known many missionaries that were sent home due to lack of following missionary standards. ;=) Be careful. ;=)
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Post Number:#56  Postby Whyte Eagle » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:46 pm

So you are assuming I was sent home early? I served a full Mission with honor ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#57  Postby zelph » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:50 pm

Whyte Eagle wrote:So you are assuming I was sent home early? I served a full Mission with honor ...

Not at all. Easy to hear the latest news from members or investigators. count to ten ;=)
zelph

Post Number:#58  Postby zelph » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Whyte Eagle wrote:
Zelph wrote:In another thread I'll point out what Whyte Eagle has said was stored in the Carre-Shinob

I think most everyone who frequents the forum knows that I have said the Ark of the Covenant was stored at the Carre-Shinob (Cave of Chiefs) for about 300 years ... from the mid 1550's to the mid 1850's ... Ironically it was the interment of Walkara at Carre-Shinob which initiated it's removal from there to where it is now ... Those who were involved in moving it we instructed or inspired (or maybe both) as to where to take it to and also to leave a means by which it could be found again when the time was right for it to come forth once again ... My research into the Ark of the Covenant began while I was serving a Mission in Europe in the early 1980's and the path of that research has lead me to the markers left behind by those who moved it in the 1850's, there are three in total (I have found all three) but only two are required in order to locate it ...

It was you that made a point directing us to the fact you started your research while on your mission. ;=)

Now let me ask you again....Were you interested in treasure hunting prior to your mission. Did you spend time using a metal detector looking for coins etc? Had you used dowsing as a method of locating?
zelph

Post Number:#59  Postby Whyte Eagle » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:31 pm

I get the feeling you are wanting to start up an inquisition or something ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#60  Postby zelph » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:06 am

Whyte Eagle wrote:I get the feeling you are wanting to start up an inquisition or something ...

Hey, we're just having a little conversation here. Gathering information about Walkera's final resting place. So far we find out you say he was in a cave along with the AOTC. We also have found out that Caleb Rhodes removed the AOTC by himself. He and his father were the only ones allowed into the cave so says the legend. So Caleb must have been one big guy to carry the ARC by himself. Maybe he dismantled it and took it out in pieces. ;=)

We are led to believe that Lehi kept the whereabouts of the ARK a secret from his family. If he had it, why not share that info with Nephi to record it on the plates. Now we know the AOTC is large, having to be carried by 4 people. Correct?
zelph

Post Number:#61  Postby brianframpton » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:39 pm

I got questions on this topic if anyone can answer
brianframpton

Post Number:#62  Postby Randy Bradford » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Don't hold back, ask away and we'll do our best to answer!
Randy Bradford

Post Number:#63  Postby brianframpton » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:19 pm

Dang. I didn't see that anyone had replied. I have had great interest in walkara since I was younger. Im from Fillmore. I hunt elk and deer in meadow by "the pig". I have been up on top of the pig and looked around for a burial site and I can't find a thing. I have heard its in the eye of the pig but I was just up there today again and nothing. Anyone have any ideas? I don't wanna dig anything or mess with stuff. I just wanna see the place and know where it is and maybe a picture or two. Any help is appreciated. Thank you
brianframpton

Post Number:#64  Postby sanpete » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:22 pm

He was put to rest in Meadow, Utah.,
sanpete

Post Number:#65  Postby mrjimsfc » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:04 pm

sanpet wrote:He was put to rest in Meadow, Utah.,

Do you mean that little "Indian burial ground" at N 38° 49' 02", W 112° 23' 50" ? I don't think there is anything that says who is buried where.
"Nobody wants to listen to the voice of reason when there's a good hysteria to be had. Humans are like that."
mrjimsfc

Post Number:#66  Postby sanpete » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:56 pm

mrjimsfc wrote:
sanpet wrote:He was put to rest in Meadow, Utah.,

Do you mean that little "Indian burial ground" at N 38° 49' 02", W 112° 23' 50" ? I don't think there is anything that says who is buried where.

He was buried at meadow, utah. then in the spring he was dug up and taken to the "the cave of the Gods" in the Uintas. At lest that is the story. No one really knows. You have some say that is the case and others say no that did not happen. Some time around 1900 the grave in Meadow was robed but nobody knows if anything was taken.
sanpete

Post Number:#67  Postby brianframpton » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:32 am

I'm talking about the original burial in the talus slopes. Finding that is kind of a bucket list item for me. I don't know why.
brianframpton

Post Number:#68  Postby walkers retreat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Randy Bradford wrote:Do we have any references to such a cave...or even Walker's body being moved...by a source other than Boren?

Chief walker was buried and the grave was looted by someone in 1908 and that is the end of walker and his body was taken to carrie-shinob on the Ute reservation among those buried in this sacred cave are his father and his wives and slave children. Another Indian names pope is also interned in the gold mine that is sacred to walker as he is known as the keeper of the yellow metal, the gold on the temple in salt lake was taken from Carrie shinob It is closely guarded by the medicine man of the tribe. I found the cairn where he rested until he was moved to the high uintahs.. You will never be able to enter this place as they guard it and will kill anyone who tries to enter carrie shinob .
walkers retreat

Post Number:#69  Postby roughrockxxx » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:32 pm

walkers retreat
do you have a source that you can bring up, at least generally?
roughrockxxx

Post Number:#70  Postby walkers retreat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:46 pm

Whyte Eagle wrote:I don't recall exactly, but if memory serves me right the term "Cave of Chiefs" was a quote from the news article. I included "Carre-Shinob" in parenthesis to indicate that maybe it was one and the same place. I don't know that the care takers of the location called it Sacred, or referred to it as such, but I have found references to two distinct names, 1) The Cave of Death and 2) The place were God dwells ... I suppose you could insinuate that the latter of the two would be synonymous with Sacred, but it would depend on who was doing the definitions. My interpitation and reasoning for the two names comes from what I believe was stored there for about 300 years between the mid 1550's to the md 1850's ...

I read your opinion and you really don't know what it is all about carrie shinob is where walker is buried along with pope and his father I have made it a lifes effort to track where walkara ended up and due to the sacredness of the site you will never know the full truth I know that walker is deposited there for all time and only the main chief and medicine man can go there so you can stop stressing about where walker is he is there.
walkers retreat

Previous

Return to Carre-Shinob