Povent Mountains

Discussion of the ever elusive location we've come to know as Carre-Shinob ... is it fact or legend?

Povent Mountains

Post Number:#1  Postby sanpete » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:43 pm

Has anybody ever heard of the Carre in the Pavont Mountains around Knash, Utah? :?: :?: :?:
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Re: Povent Mountains

Post Number:#2  Postby Morningstar » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:36 pm

Sanpet,
I have read that the Paiutes believe that, but it was from a novel. I have wondered if it is true...that they believed that. Where did you hear it from, if you don't mind me asking?
~Sakari Morningstar
Morningstar
Site Admin

Post Number:#3  Postby sanpete » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Morningstar Years ago there was a school in Richfield, Utah for the Piutes and one of the teachers there whos mother married my grandfather late in life. I got to know him well and he told me the stories that the kids were telling and that was one of them. And yes I have read it a book sometime ago. I do not rememember what the book was called or by who.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#4  Postby Morningstar » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:32 pm

Thank you, Sanpet. That is very interesting. I also find it interesting that two of the Paiute "gods" were Tobats and Shinob. :)
~Sakari Morningstar
Morningstar
Site Admin

Post Number:#5  Postby EXPLORER71 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:37 pm

I've had quite a few conversations with some interesting people about this area. I've shared quite a bit of information with Dan Christensen and Dale Bascom regarding things that I have found out there. Has anyone on this site actually spent time out in that area? Morningstar? There are LOTS of interesting petroglyphs out there, like I've never seen anywhere else. Its probably worth a look AHRF. If your interested in what I know, get a hold of me...
EXPLORER71

Post Number:#6  Postby Morningstar » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:21 pm

Explorer71,
I have only been out on the Pahvant a few times-- hunting with my family. I have seen the Fillmore glyphs and have heard there are a lot more but haven't seen them. I would love to hear what you have to share. Send me an email? Sakari-Morningstar@hotmail.com
~Sakari Morningstar
Morningstar
Site Admin

Post Number:#7  Postby EXPLORER71 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:22 pm

Well hello Morningstar. This thread is pretty old and I wasn't sure anyone was still following... I'm not talking about the Fillmore glyphs... Give me a little while to find my pics of the area, and I will email you. There is a little bit to talk about out there and I'm interested in hearing your opinion on some things, so thanks for responding back.
EXPLORER71

Post Number:#8  Postby Morningstar » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Sounds good!
~Sakari Morningstar
Morningstar
Site Admin

Post Number:#9  Postby EXPLORER71 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:00 am

@ Morningstar, Well hello again. We talked a little on face book the other night about this area. Basically, I think the area deserves more attention because I believe that what Dale touched on may be a "Dolman". I know it doesn't fit exactly with the descriptions of how they are built, but if I'm right, wouldn't that surprise a few people??? I've come to that idea based on a few things I've read, and the odd petroglyph's in the area. We can talk more another time. If the AHRF decides to look in to it a little more, I would like to be involved in that, so please contact me. It is my understanding that other Dolman's have been found in central Utah, correct? Lets check it out...
EXPLORER71

Post Number:#10  Postby EXPLORER71 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:11 am

I actually thought for quite some time that it was a "Janis" monument, which would be Greek. It actually fits that idea reeeeeeeeeally well. Anyway, I would be glad to hear what you think. Either way, it could be VERY significant.
EXPLORER71

Return to Carre-Shinob