The Gold of Carre Shinob

Discussion of the ever elusive location we've come to know as Carre-Shinob ... is it fact or legend?

Re: The Gold of Carre Shinob

Post Number:#201  Postby Randy W Lewis » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:46 am

can't edit take out the and between reed and smoot,,, lowlife...
Randy W Lewis

Post Number:#202  Postby SilenceIsGolden » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:02 am

Randy W Lewis wrote:I'm afraid those facts came from me

Well I'm glad to hear it because fact is I trust you far more than I do Boren. You have the straight dope.

Pictures are the best documentation I could ask for, no need for further proof. But the outlaws I was thinking of were the ones mentioned in the earlier book, revised edition. I don't know if the authors consulted with you on that story, but it seems more plausible since you have proof of Hathenbruck hiring gunfighters.

I think it's pretty darn useful to know which parts of the story came from you and which from less reliable sources. I understand there are things you probably don't want to verify, but it sure clears things up to know which parts are true and which parts might not be. Your information is far more complete than any other research I know of, and hasn't been tainted by the lies and retellings that seem to be common from other sources. I think if you wanted to you could clear up a mess of stuff, and maybe someday you will. Just having citations for things would clear up a lot of it. The crap with Smoot and others is truth as far as I know though, since others have verified it as well. Gary Weiks vouches for a lot of that stuff, and really by itself that was an amazing story. Members of Congress conspired for years to steal gold from Rhoades, Hathenbruck and the Utes. Not that they got a dime for their trouble. There's some satisfaction in that.
SilenceIsGolden

Post Number:#203  Postby Randy W Lewis » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:39 am

silence you are right,, and that goes for you too,,

we could clear up alot of stuff,, but you aren't going to and neither am I,,, I like these know it alls thinking they have things all figured out,,

there is so much distortion and lies it would take years to hammer out,, and the location of the lease was a plan to throw everyone off,, smoot and knight and all the so called honest politicians...
there were 7 locations used by Rhoades,, and I will say this,,, MOST if not all are covered over,,, and that includes woolsey mine which was a rhoades mine that rhoades brother Enoch was killed by indians looking for on redpeak mnt , abouve tabby mnt,,, and the other areas I will not mention,,, I talked to Gary Christensen the other day.. He was shown a mine and has kept it secret,, now he finds gold nuggets,,,, and they are real,, I told him I would never re veil that location and i won't,,, makes me smile everytime I think of it,,
so there is no gold huh,,,, really...

silence I see you are having fun,,,,, here,,,, no they will never figure out the secrets...
Randy W Lewis

Post Number:#204  Postby SilenceIsGolden » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:42 pm

Randy W Lewis wrote:that goes for you too,,

Generous of you to say, but I doubt it.
I can only say what the Rhoades DON'T know and then leave it up to the reader to decide if that's ignorance or accuracy.

Enoch. "His pack animal was found lying dead in a small gulch or crevasse next to his empty supply packs;"
should've looked under that mule.

Randy W Lewis wrote:He was shown a mine and has kept it secret,, now he finds gold nuggets

I'll know who to talk to if someone's been digging my spot! :rofl:
Good for him though, that's cool.

Randy, I do hope you tell people what you know. Just not here for everyone to read. Not all of it anyways. Save some for your family.
Although there is something to be said for hiding things in plain sight.
SilenceIsGolden

Post Number:#205  Postby SilenceIsGolden » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:21 pm

When I was 14 I saved up my money from my paper route and bought a handful of small gold nuggets. Then I went around and told people that I had found that gold at a certain spot in the Brown Duck drainage. I didn't really consider it a lie because I really believed there was gold there, and just saw my deception as getting the ball rolling so to speak. Of course there was no gold there, I was just lying.

When I was 20 I learned of a place where there was 1/2 a million dollars worth of gold ore sitting out on an unguarded hill. Being broke I went up there and started systematically removing some of it. On my fourth trip I ran into the land owner, he pointed a gun at me and asked me politely to take my bag of rocks and never come back. We chatted about the mine for about 20 minutes and I left and never went back. I kinda thought that gold belongs to whoever finds it, and if they cared about it they'd guard it or clean it up. In reality I was just tresspassing and stealing.

I've heard lots of stories of gold found in the Uintas, and usually the person telling me will vouch for the uttmost honesty of the person that found it. Maybe it's real, maybe it's not. I never know how honest a person really is if they're sneaking gold off of someone else's property without permission or their knowledge. Heck, maybe they're sneaking it off their own property, but then why sneak? Not my job to judge people or their stories, I'm clearly no saint myself. But I note that to date nobody I've ever heard of has openly claimed and profitably worked a valuable gold mine in the central Uintas. Like you know, valid mining claim, promising geological reports, a solid P&L with employees hired and taxes paid. Is there gold up there? Yeah, sure. Is there bonanza gold up there? Maybe. Do I believe people that say they've found bonanza gold up there? Without some documentation I withhold judgment.

and that's really the problem whether we're sneaking gold nuggets out of a secret mine or sneaking a Spanish cannon off of a mountaintop: The act itself is probably illegal, and it's hard to know how far to trust someone when they claim to be doing something that's probably illegal.
SilenceIsGolden

Post Number:#206  Postby sanpete » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:38 pm

Silence You speek the truth again. Good for you.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#207  Postby SilenceIsGolden » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:15 am

Thanks Sanpet. I used to be a pretty dishonest kid, but lying is boring.
SilenceIsGolden

Post Number:#208  Postby SilenceIsGolden » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:26 am

On a somewhat related note,
If anyone has gotten rich off the Lost Rhoades Mine or Carre Shinob it's the feds.
They've happily collected millions of dollars in filing fees on worthless mining claims that never produced a cent.
SilenceIsGolden

Post Number:#209  Postby EXPLORER71 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:26 am

Silence, Randy, (Lewis and Bradford) I wish that I knew half of what you fellas know. I've really enjoyed this forum the last few years thanks to you guys, I just wanted to say that. I hope that you continue to share your information, and keep this legend alive. I have a slight connection to some of this, My Grandpa is a Bethers. His great Uncle is the Bethers mentioned in the story of the "Bethers and Boren" mine... I think it was in "Faded Footprints"??? I'm not sure, I've read sooooooo many books regarding this subject. I just don't have alot of "field time" logged. I follow the Ancient Historical Research Foundation as well, and I'm surprised there hasn't been much on that site regarding these things...
EXPLORER71

Previous

Return to Carre-Shinob