Carre-Shinob/Powell connection

Discussion of the ever elusive location we've come to know as Carre-Shinob ... is it fact or legend?

Carre-Shinob/Powell connection

Post Number:#1  Postby MidnightShip » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:05 pm

Anyone ever heard of a treasure hunter named Pete from NY? Around ten years ago he was searching in the Vernal area for Carre-Shinob. Possibly because some of the gold found on the Atocha by Mel Fisher was said to come from Utah.
Anyone here ever work with Pete?
Also wondering about the validity of information provided by a man named Leonard Jesse Powell from Price. Ever heard his story before? Supposed to be related to Rhoades---uncle by marriage.
Have big bucks riding on this venture---need some help please.
MidnightShip

Re: Carre-Shinob/Powell connection

Post Number:#2  Postby Blke36bimmer » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:24 pm

dont buy, if he is looking for carre-shinob or someone is selling info on Carre-Shinob that they gleaned from Mel Fisher they are filling you full of crap, look for any references to Carre-Shinob prior to footprints in the wilderness...hmmm, a surprising lack there of....odd.... the pay off of the Carre-Shinob is in the book rights. The rest is crap.....dont get me wrong, there is a holding of artifacts out there but only the dumb white guys refer to it as the Carre-Shinob. Also there has been a good scam running here and there to get $$ out of people, I think Digger knows of someone too....fact is anyone selling you an interest in any of this has found the treasure, its in your wallet....
Blke36bimmer

Post Number:#3  Postby Whyte Eagle » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:52 pm

Ahhh come on Bimmer ...... we gotta call it something ..... <grin> ..... can't we just call it Carre-Shinob a little while longer? please, please, please? ..... LOL ..... it just rolls off of the tongue much easier than ~a holding place for artifacts~ ..... <grin> .....

.... and MidnightShip, I think Bimmer is right in that if someone is selling you on this idea concerning Carre-Shinob, better watch your wallet ..... I'll check into this ~Pete from NY~ for you .....
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#4  Postby JB Lapoint » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:23 pm

ok bimmer your full of it again....just kidding

i think thompsons books has the mel fisher connection in it.....something to the effect that the gold found on the atocha and the gold found in utah assays out the same and that was why mel came out here to go look at some stuff with george and bill bleazard

powell.....didnt caleb settle price with a powell?

midnite.....ya wanna buy some rocks from the carre shin-ob?....i can go fetch ya a few....that is the daniels sacred/carre not the boren tomb/dispository
JOE The Grumpy O'l Fart
JB Lapoint

Post Number:#5  Postby MidnightShip » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:45 pm

Just read posts about Aaron Daniels account. Where might one find his books? And the posted chapters?
What is considered high up---l0 or l2,000 feet? I've seen Quaky's at these elevations with carvings.That was another question---what would carvings look like after 60 yrs---totally distorted and at what level of the trunk? And yes this guy Leonard claims to be the nephew by marriage of Caleb. And a Ute.He talks about the Nephites connection, etc.
Don't want to throw the baby out with the bath just yet.
Thanks for looking into the NY connection Whyte.
Cherokee woman here.
MidnightShip

carvings on aspen

Post Number:#6  Postby Redcloud » Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:54 am

Carvings on aspen age very differently depending on the way they were carved and the nature of the symbol. ie, if it was carved deep, all the way through the bark to the wood, and has closed in areas such as an ~A~ or an ~O~, It will be almost unreadable in ten yrs. On the other hand, if the symbol is simple, like a cross or a ~T~ or a ~L~ and carved lightly, a single knife stroke that dose not connect back to its self, will last a very long time, Maybe upwards to 300 years. I know, their are folks who will disagree with that statement but I'm convinced that quakies, in Utah, live much longer than the generally accepted theory.

A carving done at, ~eye level~, will remain at ~eye level~, through out the life of the tree. A tree gets its new growth out of the top each year and around the diameter.

Redcloud

Re: carvings on aspen

Post Number:#7  Postby Blke36bimmer » Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:37 am

Just because he claims to be a ute doesnt mean he knows anything, in fact I think there are very few left who know what is on their land and where. Also I highly doubt that the elders gave him permission to disclose anything. therefore I would asertain that he is full of it. especially based of the fact that he is a Ute, and a connection to Caleb doesnt mean a thing, Caleb told very few people anything. I may be wrong but I dont think Caleb said ~hey, your my third sister's cousin's nephew, heres a map to the gold!!" I'd disassociate myself if I were you, you wouldnt be the first person to get burned out of a lot of $$ on some BS story. In fact I cant think of anytime in history that someone has paid for information on anything hidden or lost and gotten anything but screwed. just my .02, and Im usually full of it anyway!! ;=)
Blke36bimmer

Joesky

Post Number:#8  Postby Unregistered User » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:44 am

I'm curious - why do you think Aspen trees would live 3 times longer in Utah than elsewhere?
Unregistered User

Re: Aspens...

Post Number:#9  Postby PTCarroll » Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:06 pm

I would also think that it would be quite simple to just look at a tree stump or a boring, and count the rings.

I was going to make mention of the markings up on ice cave peak, what with the logging and such that occurred up there over the last 10 years. But, thinking back over it, I guess a lot of those are on pine or spruce, aren't they? Oh, well.
PTCarroll

Post Number:#10  Postby Bret007 » Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:39 pm

There is no Leonard Jesse Powell listed in the Price phone book. I was going to look up his number but it is not there, I will ask arround. :~N
Bret007

Post Number:#11  Postby lostreasureman » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:44 pm

ifin they want dough....ya better run!!!!!! -/
Lost Treasure Man
pontiac11@hotmail.com

lostreasureman

Post Number:#12  Postby MidnightShip » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:55 pm

Bret his number is unlisted. Some say he is just plain crazy but he may be crazy like a fox. He claims he had a group of Canadians on his sight some years back. Our radar images show where a considerable amount of football size granite and soil was dug and a void they missed by several feet before giving up.Know there are huge chunks of granite because I've used a shovel there myself---ooomph.
He wants to use any find to build an Indian childrens hospital.
MidnightShip

Post Number:#13  Postby lostreasureman » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:33 am

well.....at least that is a very good thing ta do with tha dough.....as long as it really does happen that way!! -/
Lost Treasure Man
pontiac11@hotmail.com

lostreasureman

Post Number:#14  Postby InspectorClueSo » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:00 am

Regarding Aspens--yes you can age them or any other tree accuratly and no they don't live that long--even in Utah. My father-in-law (now dead) had degrees in forestry and worked for BLM and the forest service in Utah for many years--spent many of his later years before retirement as a Director of Parks for Canada!! He forgot more about trees than all the knowledge the rest of use have together will ever know. He told me that anything on quakeys can't be very old. KDS :~N
InspectorClueSo

> Re: Aspens...

Post Number:#15  Postby MidnightShip » Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:02 am

Worked with two methods in this research----one scientific the other using map dowsers and psychics. One extrodinarily accurate psychic said Leonard carved the tree himself. Well,why am I surprised?
Someone offered to sell me some Carre-Shinob rocks----they still for sale?
MidnightShip

Re: > Re: Aspens...

Post Number:#16  Postby Blke36bimmer » Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:39 am

I think there may be some cases where quakies live a bit longer than most, I have a few pics of carvings that are 150 years old at least, how do I determine this?? A cut, right through the carving and through the tree, now count the rings(may need a magnifying glass) from the carved point out. I would agree that most are recent though, just dont make a blanket statement. Remeber its ~official~ state archeologists who are saying that the Spanish werent in utah until 17whatever. There is always an exception...
Midnight, sorry to hear that your plan didnt pan out(hahaha, ~pan~ out, get it..hahaha) seriously, question why any individual who knows the location of a treasure etc.. would go to an outside source to uncover it. Human nature would be to uncover it yourself, or at very least only divulge it to close family or friends. Like I said before, if they are asking for money then they have already found the treasure, its your bank account, and they are just trying to get to it... :")
Blke36bimmer

Post Number:#17  Postby MidnightShip » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:42 pm

Mostly nickel and dime stuff 'til now. Was there three times last year with $350G's worth of equipment.
The big bucks are being asked for now for a $l00,000 BLM permit or bond. To drill now or dig on BLM land I am told you must be able to put everything back as it was. Also need insurance covering all people working there.Must have contracts with the gov't which will exclude artifacts---they keep the rights to those. Attorney starts at 50G's. We are suppose to be using the same attorney that Mel Fischer used in his case and won.Seems he gave out 300% in shares----something like that---when there is only l00% to give out.Someody got burned.
Oh this tangled web we weave, when we practice to decieve.........time will tell. Not giving up yet.
MidnightShip

Post Number:#18  Postby Radarquesta » Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:22 pm

I agree with Joesky, Aspens can live a very long time. Here is a news paper article from the Moab news paper ~The Times Independent~ Feb 6,2003
~Use of fire on the La Sals subject of Feb.12 event."
The next in a series of talks concering the of fire on the La Sal Mountions is scheduled for Wednesday,Feb, 12th at 6:30 p.m. at the Utah Stste University Extension Office[ 125 W. 200 So Moab] Prescribed fire is proposed for restoring aspen stands on the La Sal Mountions.
Dale Bartos, Aspen Ecologist with the Forest Service Rocky Mountains Station, and Robert Campbell, Ecologist with the Fishlake National Forest will talk about aspen trees, their life, their death and the role of fire in the restoration.
Quaking aspen is the most widespread tree in North America and is one of the most productive and beautiful vegetative communities on the Moab District.
Fire is the natural disturbing force that perpetuates aspen stands. Without regeneration, individual aspen clones can live for a maximum of approximately 200 years. Many of the aspen trees on the La Sal Mountains are near or greater than 150 years old.
Spruce and fir trees are invading approximately 30% of quaking aspen stands on the La Sal Mountains. Because aspen trees do not tolerate shade and conifer trees do, stands of aspen are becoming smaller and in many cases consist of only a few scattered individual trees.
To apply prescribed fire successfully to aspen communities requires live fuels that are adequately cure, high wind speeds to carry the fire and dead fuel moistures that are low enough to spread the fire. Although aspen communities do not readily burn, aspen trees are extremely sensitive to fire and very light fires can kill aspen.
For more information please call Mike Johnson, Utah State University (435) 259-7558.
Radarquesta

Post Number:#19  Postby Blke36bimmer » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:46 am

Hey Midnight, how is it coming down there...I have a few pics of carved aspens from down there that you may be interested in, maybe we can swap some info..???
Blke36bimmer

Re: BLM & Granite

Post Number:#20  Postby Jornada » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:58 pm

MidnightShip,
There are no regulations that the BLM has that require permits in the Uinta's. All workings require a Plan of Operations with the Forest Service. Several different phases of applications are required for claims. The BLM does not require, nor do they have any documents pertaining to artifacts, nor does the Forest Service. There is however a State Office that has been set up covering artifacts that have to be dealed with seperatly. Prior to filing a Plan of Operations, the interested party will first file a Notice of Intent. This Notice of Intent will provide the governing body with the information needed to inspect the site. If there is to be any ground disturbance, the Plan of Operations must show where the disturbance will take place and if it is over 5 acres, they may require a bond. The Forest Service has the papers nessacary for bonding and the requirements. In order to actually proceed with digging of any kind they will require a certified assay report showing that minerals actually exist at the site and/or provable inferance of mineral. As to the Granite in the Uinta's. There is no granite faces in the Uinta Range. The closest Granite Dike is South of Salt Lake City, extending into the Riverton area. There is a dike in the Uinta Range, but it is not Granitic. I have sampled it several times. Anway back to the Regulations. One cannot operate within the State of Utah without registaring with the Division of Oil Gas and Mining. They will also inspect the site. There seems to be a lot of unanswered information from the people you are asking about. Take heed, there are several qualified answers for your questions.
Jornada
Jornada

Post Number:#21  Postby Whyte Eagle » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:08 pm

Welcome to the Ancient Lost Treasures Jornada! ..... and thanks for the info ..... ;=) .....
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#22  Postby Jornada » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:21 pm

Thanks Whyte Eagle,
MindnightShip also mentioned quakies and pines growing above the 10,000 foot elevation in the Uinta's I believe. I have covered the entire 70 miles of the Uinta Range. There are no pines and quakies above the 10,000 foot timberline in the Uinta's. The only place in Utah where pines grow above the 10,000 foot level is on the Boulder Mountains north of Escalante. Many studies have been done by government entities and they still have not uncovered the reason for this rare happening.
Jornada

granite

Post Number:#23  Postby Redcloud » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:04 am

Jarnada,,,,,,,,you mention a ~non-granitic dike~ running along the Uintahs, tell me more, a few places you've seen it, composition, color,,,,,,,,,I've seen what appears to be a plutonic out-crop near the ~High Line Trail~, on the east end of the range. You're right about the Pine and Aspen above 10,000. There's a very well defined take over by Engleman Spruce and Pizzfur (Alpine Fur) at that elevation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Redcloud

Dike and Plutonic Rock

Post Number:#24  Postby Jornada » Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:12 am

Surprising that you might find a plutonic rock in the Uinta Range. Plutonic rocks are formed directly from molten rock that cooled very slowly at very great depths. This allows the mineral crystals to grow which are visable and can be massive in size and very closley interlocked. The textures can vary widely from fine to very course. Now what you might be looking at is a Pegmatite Intrusion, usually associated with a Dike, which is a Pegmatitic formation (extremely course). This is a very hard rock. And this we refer to as (e.g. granite, granodiorite). The dike in the Unita Range is more Porphritic (that is having a small number of crystals, but clearly distinguishable and they are in a finer-grained mass. We call these (phenocrysts), but they can also be (Aphanitic),(Phaneritic). We do not need to go into the deep geology, but you get the idea. Plutonic rocks or for that matter, even Pluton's are Igneous in nature. I believe this formation you are looking at is Liddy Dike. There have been no substancial mineral values taken from that dike. I believe this dike is associated with and within a larger plutonic or metamorphic rock mass.

Jornada.
Jornada

Liddy Dike

Post Number:#25  Postby Redcloud » Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:32 am

I think the Liddy or Leidy dike is ~Gabro~, What I found is a mass of individual, interlocked silicate crystal with other softer feldspars. from what I understand Gabro is poor in silica, this mass has an abundance. From the samples I brought back, I was able to identify a little copper and possibly silver but no gold as of now.
Redcloud

Next

Return to Carre-Shinob