Origins of the name "Carre-Shinob" ...

Discussion of the ever elusive location we've come to know as Carre-Shinob ... is it fact or legend?

Re: Origins of the name "Carre-Shinob" ...

Post Number:#101  Postby sanpete » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:21 am

Zelph where dos it say that brewers cave is Carre?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#102  Postby zelph » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:33 am

sanpet wrote:Zelph where dos it say that brewers cave is Carre?

No where, I made that up to see if anyone was listening :D
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Post Number:#103  Postby Lostaslost » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:14 pm

Zelph, first do you think the Mormon Church has any kind of stroke in Utah and or Wyoming. Try what you suggest and see how far ir gets you. Second I have played with the Rhoades Mine for 32 years now. Now you have heard this from ever soul their is. I knew I could find the mine. Well I really did and I only concentrated on the mine due to the stories. I knew with this one I could make a fortune. Therefor I did not do anything in my spare time but study the Rhoades Mine. Well, I did also hunt for deer and elk. Maybe a bear every so often. Then me and my wife and son have taken Moose. The wife took the biggest. By the way The author was Charles Kelly that searched for Walker's cave which he did find it. I do not mind reading history. I have r4ead everything that leads me onto the path of the Carrie. I do not know how I figured out that the Carrie was the Josephine and or the Carrie along with basically the BYM. Just the books I guess and I also use the maps. The BYM I figured first. I had found mines in the Uintas just about as soon as I started. My dowser from back south would dowse maps for me. Yes he dowsed Cibola but many years after I had started. In fact he dowsed Cibola after I had found the Carrie, Josephine, Lost Rhoades Mine and or what ever you want to call it. I just gave him a map and he walked back into the room he was staying at and he came out in about 15 minutes. I then knew where the other 4 mines where of Cibola. I have seen where on of them is at and the fault has been blown up and the whole slide came down. The Utes I will give the blame for this. They had a reason to do this and it was not done in my time. Somewhere in all of this mess it mentions about Whites being buried in the Carrie. I believe that to be true. In todays time you cn only imagine how much searching is done for a lost one. I do not know how many times I have been in the Uintas to see search parties looking for someone. I will always rem3ember the little scout who came up missing years ago. I think they finally found clothes and it looked like a cougar had got him. The father supposedly said his son was only 200 yards from the tent when he got wet and his father sent him back to the tent to get changed. Remember when scouts got hit by lightening on the North slope and it killed a couple of them. The latest was when a Australian never came back. They was looking for him all over the North Slope. Now I am not suggesting that the Utes took part in any of it. I am saying that they could have. Remember in the books w3here it talks about a father and son going missing and years later a horse was found with a bullet hole was founds in the horses head. I know that when I came out of the Carrie running I had visions of someone with their crass hairs on me. It was raining and lighting like hell and when I was running I was thinking Towats was going to kill me. Now when I came back with my son to remove the gold the wall had been blown down. Do you think they where going to let me wonder around and remove all of the gold I wanted and or remove the crystal skull that supposed sits right there on the desk. Maybe I could remove Walkeria's rifle. The Utes where there for a reason and I had already talked to two of them and it was obvious that at least one was very upset.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#104  Postby zelph » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:27 pm

Lostaslost, listen up carefully.

You have the ability to put an end to lives being lost especially little scouts with their fathers that will try to find what you have found.

All you have to do is make it known to the world what you have found and where it is located.

You say the Utes have blown the cave shut so show the world where that is. No sweat off your back.

Your sweat, blood and tears will have been worth something. You found it!!!!!!!!

Put a stop to the deaths that occur of wannabe treasure Hunters. Deaths that occur in abandoned mines only because they are searching for what you have found.

No more young scouts mauled and eaten by cougars.

You and your son have the power to stop the waste of life and fortunes spent on finding the caves and mines.

In my evening prayer I will ask our Heavenly Father to soften your heart and give you inspiration on how to go about go about this monumental task.

Be well my friend!!!
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Post Number:#105  Postby Whyte Eagle » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:30 pm

Zelph wrote:they will show us the elusive Brewer's cave also known as the Carre

Not quite Zelph ... Brewers Cave and Carre-Shinob are two different locations ... The only thing they would have in common is that neither are mines ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#106  Postby Lostaslost » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:35 am

Whyte, you got word from someone who actually knows the story didn't you? I do not believe so. I got a little bit of common since. Not much but a little bit. I kiow what I look at. I know the stories. I know for dam sure I saw a smelter just a few feet from me. Do you really think the story is flawed. The story says three smelter and you want to say there was only one. I have also told you that the sylvnite 1 and 2 or right there. You just keep talking like you know. I know that with what I have seen it is telling me what I need to know. What about what the Bishope says. Call him a liar also. Whyte you need to take the books and start all over again. Whyte your good friend the Ute has told you a story. Those same Utes talk to others also. Some have led the white nearly to the mine and just like the story says they stopped and turned around and said no closer. Towats does scare them. You keep looking on the reservation and I am quiet sure you will find that open cave someday. You are not the first asnd you will not be the last. One years ago asked me to go with him onto the reservation to look for the mine there. I had already found it and totally refused him. Another wanted me to go and help him look for the huge gold that had been buried there after the massacre. That gold is not to far from where it all took place at. Hell word went out all over after that gold was found. It is still buried there on the reservation and they watch that spot very careful. Gold Hill as you know is watched also. Problem is Whyte there is so many people who believe just what you believe and so the mine stays hidden. You might want to listen a little bit more to Silence & Randy Lewis on the subject.

Take care
Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#107  Postby Lostaslost » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:07 pm

Zelph, now how would I get any gold by giving the mine away. My whole deal was the gold. This is why the Carrie was picked. I di not want to throw away time and effort with mining. I just wanted to grab gold off the walls. The bars there will always be a question of weight. I have heard the most about 60# bars. Then you hear about the finger bars. This would be great. for me when running from the Utes. Then with Gold Hill you read about bars that they could not even pick up. I know the bars that where found by the Utes where left right about where they where found. Now like me walking into the Carrie once was one thing but now it is impossible. Would you have ran on down the stairs and grabbed a 100# bar and or the Crystal Skull. Remember the Movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Skulls. Do you think they had info to make the movie. What about National Treasure 2. It would blow your mind!
Now the reason for not telling the world is that I want something out of this for my 32 years. I tell anyone and then there is more than just the Utes and me involved. The government wants it all and I get nothing. That is just great and me and my son have had our lives on the line more than once. My son not more than me as when the Ute and or Utes rode up at the Carrie it scared the hell out of him. They was hidden but they where close by. It was not no animal that came up. And yes like Bill Magnum says in Randy and Borens book there is animals. I remember entering one day and 10 bull elk where grazing right there. Of course they looked up and took off running.
I was entering to get gold from the Carrie and a Ute was riding out. He looked down at me and said, Going the wrong way aren't you! My son was already there at our spot sitting up the tent and getting ready for a hard snow. Don't do it and Whyte has told me I was crazy. I was prepared but me and then someone else might be two different things. Also I had a cache of supplies there.

Utes why do you not kick in and say a word. I am not ever going to give the location out. Yes as you know I carried people in. I have said and I mean I am not going back.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#108  Postby sanpete » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:13 pm

Lost I hate to tell you this but every crystal skull has been made by modern tools. It has been proven. Next you can give me the directions to the Carre and I will go the Utes and get there permeation to enter and take what I want. With my last name of Young and being related to uncle B. I know they will let in. I will be sure to give all the credit to you. I am sure that they will be paying you a visit and thank you for all you have done for them. sanpet. {:}
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#109  Postby Whyte Eagle » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:14 pm

LostAsLost wrote:I kiow what I look at. I know the stories. I know for dam sure I saw a smelter just a few feet from me. Do you really think the story is flawed. The story says three smelter and you want to say there was only one. I have also told you that the sylvnite 1 and 2 or right there. You just keep talking like you know. I know that with what I have seen it is telling me what I need to know. What about what the Bishope says

Lost ... I don't think anyone is questioning you as to what you saw ... in my previous post #105 I was not referring to the Rhoades mines, or any other mine for that matter, I was referencing the Carre-Shinob Cave and how it is not the same location as Brewers Cave.

The Carre-Shinob Cave is in Duchesne County or Uintah County, I not going to say which one (but you probably already now that) ;=)

Brewers Cave is in Sanpete County

The only thing they have in common is that they are not mines but rather they are caves.

I've been to several of the Rhoades mines, Mine of Lost Souls, Sacred Mine, mine of the Utes, The Josephine and a few others I won't mention here ... based on personal observation, none of them are the Carre-Shinob Cave (the "Cave of Chiefs", "Cave of Death" or "Place where God Dwells" <- All three names have been used over time to reference the Carre-Shinob Cave and for good reason). None of them are watched by the Utes 24/7 including the ones on the reservation, a few have been covered over but are still locatable.

There is a common belief amongst some that one of the mines is called the "Carre" and contanis a mother lode, but it is not the same location as the Carre-Shinob Cave.
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#110  Postby Lostaslost » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:45 pm

I have told you and told you. The Josephine and the Carrie and the Lost Rhoades Mine is one and the same. You want the rest of the story and it will not happen. I am not a fool. You have never heard the whole story and very few have. Am I hiding something? Well Yes I am and the Utes know what it is. They know very well that I do not talk a lot. Do I like the Utes? No I do not in any real way. I respect them for what they have done. They have protected Montezuma's Treasure along with the Ark for a long time and with lots of pressure on them. I got not a thing against them. ........Now I do believe that the treasure was put there and it was never meant to stay hidden forever. That is not what I believe. Now I do ask myself if I am being just greedy. I would ask very little for myself and family. This would also mean my dowser also. Still this would be very little. It could be the biggest misstate I have ever made in my life. I still got it in my mind the world could come to a end and I mean this.

Now for Sanpet. I am not really understanding what you are saying. BY has been gone for a long time. How is that you think you have stroke. Sanpet you get me mine and you can take what ever you want in the deal with Utes. You have seen me ask for the money from them. Gold would be so much better than cash. Pay no taxes until it is over and done with ands or until you get rid of the gold. Now you got my words on that and I do not care if I am even there. I am sure the Utes will pay you a visit if it does not work out right. I doubt the Utes want to see me at the Carrie ever again. I think it was 2012 the last time I was there. I think it was 2007 the last time my son was there. It scared my son that bad!

Take care
Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#111  Postby Whyte Eagle » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:56 pm

LostAsLost wrote:I have told you and told you. The Josephine and the Carrie and the Lost Rhoades Mine is one and the same.

It would be nice and very convenient to have them all be one and the same, but ...

Whyte Eagle wrote:I've been to several of the Rhoades mines, Mine of Lost Souls, Sacred Mine, mine of the Utes, The Josephine and a few others I won't mention here ... based on personal observation, none of them are the Carre-Shinob Cave (the "Cave of Chiefs", "Cave of Death" or "Place where God Dwells" <- All three names have been used over time to reference the Carre-Shinob Cave and for good reason).

They are all separate and distinct locations ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#112  Postby Lostaslost » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:15 pm

Whyte I have told you and told you. You just do not get it. I am not some dam dum kid. I know what I am talking about and the Utes do also. You think Red Man was kidding. They know that I know more than what I say. I have also told you and or this site how the Josephine actually got its name. The Spanish new that Josephine was from the Royal Blood Line. The blood of the Mary Magdalene. The Spanish stuck the name to the mine for that reason. I have also went to look for the Carrie in the beginning. I knew it was right there. where was you originally looking for the Carrie at. You know it was at the Hoyt and for me I have never been there. Not ever! You got Dale Bascom with a good map and you denied that. You got the Bishops who tells the story. You call him a lire. You can call everyone nuts on this whole story if you like. I just do not care one bit.

Now for Sanpet and the Crystal Skull. Sanpet are you telling me that Rhoades ands or Bascom bought that skull. Give me a break! Now or you saying that the allen would make them different the we would. I imagine they would use the same stuff we would use to make one. You know they are found at great gold sites. You figure Rhoades new this and he left it. You might suggest that the Aztec took several hundred years and made it and left it at the Carrie. They say that the Japs can make on in a solid week of work with the best machines there are.

Take care
Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#113  Postby sanpete » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Dale Brown
sanpete

Post Number:#114  Postby zelph » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:35 pm

Lostaslost wrote:Zelph, now how would I get any gold by giving the mine away. My whole deal was the gold. This is why the Carrie was picked. I di not want to throw away time and effort with mining. I just wanted to grab gold off the walls.

Utes why do you not kick in and say a word. I am not ever going to give the location out. Yes as you know I carried people in. I have said and I mean I am not going back.

Lost

Lost, I believe you have found the Carre Shinob. As you have said many times, you are not going back. You will get your gold eventually from a different location.

In time, I know for a surety that you'll make known the longitude and latitude of the Carre Shinob. By inspiration, you and your son will make it happen. ;=)
zelph

Post Number:#115  Postby zelph » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Whyte Eagle wrote:
Zelph wrote:they will show us the elusive Brewer's cave also known as the Carre

Not quite Zelph ... Brewers Cave and Carre-Shinob are two different locations ... The only thing they would have in common is that neither are mines ...

I knew that would get your attention :lol:
zelph

Post Number:#116  Postby Lostaslost » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Zelph, Give me a break. Do you think I do not have a lat and Long? The Utes saw me stand on the cave and or overhang many times. They surly know I have the lats and longs. Yes when I found it the first time I did run without Lats and Longs. Later I cam back and it was lost. Then after a while I came back and or had pictures with the last Lats and longs I had taken before finding the Carrie. Then it was bingo for me. Of course I had set points in my head like lining up different locations and it worked. The Utes then saw me setting right on top of the Carrie and me and my son eating lunch there also. I think they thought me and my son was digging. I know that want work without lots of help and I mean a army.. Still there is supposedly a second entre and I have no doubt about that although I doubt that now. Whyte are you sure you been to everything? Are you sure you found what all you are to find? Whyte when you find it you will know with no doubt in your mind. You really been to the Josephine? Go back to your Hoyt!

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#117  Postby zelph » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:20 pm

Lost, your story about your son being snow blind made me think of how you're blinded by greed of the "yellow rock" don't get excited about that....you asked yourself if you were greedy. Yes, you are greedy. No big thing, it's common in this day and age. ;=) It would be nice if you took me up on what I had previously said. You are still in my prayers. ;=) Walkara took some steps to change his life of greed, so can you. :D

In 1852,(Father) Thomas Rhodes, was commissioned by President Young to salvage hidden gold known to Ute Indians. Chief Walker (Walkara) who had been baptized a member of the church, reportedly agreed to reveal the location of the gold as long as it was used exclusively for the benefit of the church. The site of the mines was called "Carre Shin Ob," or "There dwells the Great Spirit,"

Everyone take note of what I quoted. It says the site of mines was called "Carre Shin ob"

It says "mines" that's plural ;=) and they did not say caves :o

We know the history of the Utes having a god of sorts different from what Walkara learned of from the Latter Day Saints Church. Their god was the Great Spirit of Gold. Walkara was given the responsibility to watch over the gold. As we all know, the Spirit of our Heavenly Father does not reside over the location of gold mines.

So there ya go Lost, add more to your volumes of Carre Shinob stuff. :D Tell them the Whyte Lamanite said so ;=)
zelph

Post Number:#118  Postby Lostaslost » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:52 pm

Zelph, as I have said many times I am not a Mormon. I am considered a Catholic. I can myself consider this. Now as far as what you are saying about the Carrie Shinob I just do not know what. I have always thought of it with one name. Now yes it does have more than one name but that is only because different people have operated it. I di not consider all mines as being the Carrie. The Carrie and the BYM seem to be the same but I do not believe you can go thru one and or the other to get to the opposite. So many questions only to be answered when and if anyone ever gets back in and can wonder around enough to see and figure what all has went on. All I had to do is take some time which I do not feel I had.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#119  Postby zelph » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:06 pm

Lostaslost wrote:Zelph, as I have said many times I am not a Mormon. I am considered a Catholic. I can myself consider this. Now as far as what you are saying about the Carrie Shinob I just do not know what. I have always thought of it with one name. Now yes it does have more than one name but that is only because different people have operated it. I di not consider all mines as being the Carrie. The Carrie and the BYM seem to be the same but I do not believe you can go thru one and or the other to get to the opposite. So many questions only to be answered when and if anyone ever gets back in and can wonder around enough to see and figure what all has went on. All I had to do is take some time which I do not feel I had.

Lost

I've been quoting articles found in the news papers of salt Lake City.

I was once catholic and know all there is to know ;=)

. The 10 commandments are the same in your church and many others including The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latterday Saints aka Mormon.

I'm here as an observer, not an armchair treasure hunter as Whyte Eagle so eloquently put it ;=) He and Southern Partisan think alike, speak alike ;=)

I suggest you give the longs and lats to your son and have him go back with someone you trust to get more information and photos of what you suspect to be the Carre-shinob Cave/mine. Don't spend the rest of your life being like Whyte Eagle. He's all bound up in his blood sweat and tears. All he has found is his to keep.

Lost, you've been like WE also. Let loose, share your experiences.
zelph

Post Number:#120  Postby Lostaslost » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:17 pm

Zelph, Not ever will I give away the mine. Now I know you are saying, Give it away! What is my take on it and I mean 1st. Yes every one is going to give me the world when it is over with. Right now I am the only one who knows other than my son. I mean me and my son have seen it. Actually my son never saw it but he knows right where it lies. Anyway I have not screed up a thing but I do know the Utes do not give a hoot in hell. There is not ever going to be any lats and longs given out. Don't worry though you are not the first and will not be the last. Burntman was pretty hard with me. More have asked. I promise I will take and show you some things come this warm summer. Don't get to hopping to see the Carrie. It want ever happen.

Take care
Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#121  Postby zelph » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:32 pm

Lostaslost wrote:Zelph, Not ever will I give away the mine. Now I know you are saying, Give it away! What is my take on it and I mean 1st. Yes every one is going to give me the world when it is over with. Right now I am the only one who knows other than my son. I mean me and my son have seen it. Actually my son never saw it but he knows right where it lies. Anyway I have not screed up a thing but I do know the Utes do not give a hoot in hell. There is not ever going to be any lats and longs given out. Don't worry though you are not the first and will not be the last. Burntman was pretty hard with me. More have asked. I promise I will take and show you some things come this warm summer. Don't get to hopping to see the Carrie. It want ever happen.

Take care
Lost

I had a feeling you were going to take the info to the grave. You're too old to go back and try again. Your body would't take the stress. You can't get the thought of the utes crosshairs on your back out of your mind even though you had that big old rock between you and the utes ;=)

One thing that I found interesting in one of your comments was the fact that there were Indian burials near by. Do you remember if they looked as if they had been ransacked by artifact hunters? As you can recall, Walkara was first buried under a pile of rocks and it was determined that it had been gotten into by artifact hunters.
zelph

Post Number:#122  Postby Lostaslost » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:46 pm

Zelph, I am a wore out old man. Now this is just the way I fell. I really just can not do it any more. I have said it once and I will say it again. It is not just a hope skip and jump. I think Whyte one said I was basically driving there. You are not driving there. Yes I do park my vehicle and then go to the Carrie. I have been back on horses I think 4 times. Once was to the Rhoades family mine which is actually the Pine Mine. So there is another name of a mine that is real. I stay away from it but know the area. As I have said I only got like no closer than 4oo to 500 hundred yards and chance are I was not that close. The Utes could see me for sure so that is why I know to keep away. I do know it stays covered and even Sanpet knows that. This is where the Knights Templer Treasure is put away. Now I like most sensible people does not want to be shot and killed. Being a little bit scared keeps me alive. I do not picture cross hairs on my back all of the time at all.

Now for the Carnes. I did not like being around them in any kind of way and tried to stay away. To me right now I would say they have not ever been touched. These 3 Indians where killed just as Boren said as far as I know. They are not buried at the Carrie as far as I know. The tree Carnes are spread about being say 3 hundred yards apart maybe and all being visible. I saw someone say that there would be gold buried with the Indians. I am not wanting gold that bad and I have a friend who would dig in the graves in California. I can tell you right now that you want ever see him digging in one today. He was digging in graces in California. One time he had something happen to him and that was his last grave digging adventure. Why these three where not buried into the Carrie is beyond me. Now I have seen that Walkeria's grandfather was buried at the Carrie. I am positive that Walkeria's grandfathers grave site is one of the Carnes so you tell me. You ever see the Carnes you will know it.

Lost for sure!
Lostaslost

Post Number:#123  Postby Kanabite » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:07 pm

HI lost it has always interested me why you call it the Carrie while everyone else calls it the carre , i found you something , if its true before the vein split it assayed out at 1100 bucks a ton or so it says . now gold was like 20 bucks @ troy back then so go figure . go to chapter 12 of this book and i know this is not in the Unitas but i kind of like to look for gold where it really has been found before , if you know what i mean . another topic click here
Kanabite

Post Number:#124  Postby Lostaslost » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:23 am

Kanibite, since it is late I will only say this right now. I will read your part of the book later tomorrow. First I think I had figured it out to assay 800 ounces to the ton. Now with what all Boren says I have not found a lie. Take that for what it is worth. I think we know each other well enough. You of course was one of the many who did not come with me when I asked. If you would have come you would have not seen it but I could have explained and shown you a lot of things. Then you, would know. I wish I could come out and say every thing but then everyone would know where and it want happen. Do always remember this that the assay came out of the papers but still that means noting. Always remember Kanibite that I do do my research. So now that 800 ounces sounds like a lie you can choose to believe and or not believe. Also I do hope you have a copy of Dale Bascoms book on the Bishop. Also there is many people who have told me what is in the bottom of the Mormon Church locked up in the Vaults. Also someone else told me about all of the gold bars that was in the bottom of the Carrie. The person saying had not ever seen a thing but he heard it directly. Again there is so much more I could put but I never will. Take it for what it is all worth. All of the Good Mormons that where directly involved you surely are not calling them all liars are you. If so I know where this leaves me as a poor old Catholic. Kanabit I just do not tell a lie myself. I do not tell everything here for sure but that is not a lie.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#125  Postby Kanabite » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:15 am

hi lost man i am so sorry i did not know or can not remember , being asked to go anywhere with you . if this happened as this forum split there is a good chance i did not see any request . if you had sent it to my old email , im sorry i had to change accounts and never saw it . any of what i might think happened with this lost rhodes mine stuff is not directed at you , but i do think it quite possible treasure book authors do not tell specific locations to the stories. either because they do not know or are simply misinformed from earlier accounts . the thing about the guy in this story is he was close to John d lee , right before they arrested him , they were neighbors , so it takes s a little bit of a leap of faith , to start filling in the blanks .. its just an idea and i might be reaching a little bit , but i have a hard time believing that the source of the gold was really ever lost . just add it to your files and good to see you again . take care .///bob
Kanabite

Previous

Return to Carre-Shinob