Origins of the name "Carre-Shinob" ...

Discussion of the ever elusive location we've come to know as Carre-Shinob ... is it fact or legend?

Re: Origins of the name "Carre-Shinob" ...

Post Number:#76  Postby Whyte Eagle » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:18 pm

Good post Vedfrenn ... it may very well be the real deal. I don't think I've ever found a reference to the Templars having possession of John the Baptists head before ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#77  Postby Tanelorn » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi,

I have actually read that the Pope and the King of France accused the Templars of worshipping the severed head of John the Baptist, which was considered heresy and a violation of the first and second commandments. Giving them yet another reason to oust the Templars and take their lands, coin, cattle, etc.

Take care,

Daniel
Nestradetu@Hotmail.com
"Pack it in, pack it out. Keep our wilderness pristine."
Tanelorn

Post Number:#78  Postby Lostaslost » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:41 pm

To who made the post considering John The Babtist with the picture. es that was a good post. Then you said other supposedly had the same with his head. Like I said I had read one book that I took as nothing but the truth and the whole truth for many different reasons. I want go into it all but they said outright that Gods word was at the place of the Ark. Supposedly the Knights had dug up a long sheet of copper plate. I took it to be very thin as it could be rolled out. It was like 22 and or 23 feet long by several feet wide. Jesus Christ had put his word on all of it. The Knights removed it from his tomb in which his bones where resting there. This was at the Temple in Jerusalem and or the Temple Mount. They took the scroll and made a direct copy of it. When the Knights sailed to America one ship stopped at Scotland and the other 27 sailed on to America. The made a direct settlement in Nova Scotia. Then others went on to America with part and or all of the treasure. They know full well that the Knights also made a settlement in Rhode Island at Newport I believe was what I read. Ruins are still there today., No one was ever found there. This was noted at Columbus's time. Not him but another who sailed within a few years. Wherever the Knights settled they where to place the treasure there. Its name was to be Arcadia. Then also the knights supposedly carried with them the Royal Blood line. I am thinking that the Utes carry some of that blood today. If not then where is the whites that would have been here. Then to we all know that the Utes do have and or had whiskers. Is this totally from the Spanish....Now I done told all of this story before but lets all now relate to Brewers cave which Sanpet will just boil at this which is all a lie and Brewer was a total lair just as Boren is huh, Sanpet. I can talk all day long and some will believe the whole story and others will not believe a word I say. Now I have also read that some and or parts of the treasure was taken to Rosline Temple which was dedicated to Sinclare. Supposedly he has a tomb there which he was buried in but then some of the Sinclar relatives say that there is not any proof that he was ever buried there. Again relate back to Brewers cave in which supposedly a pair was found in the cave buried in rock caskets. All of this bowls down and or back to the Carrie where the Ark is and or will be found someday in the future. My concern is: Will this be the end of the world when it is found? Now how is it that Montezuma's Treasure is also placed there is beyond me. Yes I got answers put in all realty just how come both are placed at the same place? Evidently the Aztec and the Knight believed this was a well hidden place to hide away the treasure. Then to the Utes went along and Caleb also believed it would not ever be found. The problem for all is that there is to many authors writing what is truly known to be. Caleb talked some and or books would not have ever been written. Then to I want cut the Utes any slack as they have Utes who have talked also.

Lost for sure
Lostaslost

Post Number:#79  Postby Randy Bradford » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:04 pm

Whyte Eagle, you might find this interesting if you're not already aware of it. I've made a few good discoveries about the name Carre Shin Ob in the past few months, most of this is copied straight from The Treasures of Utah but given the differences in readers I thought I'd share this here too.

From "Utah Places Names" by John W. Van Cott:

Shinob-Kiab Mountain (Washington County): Is Southeast of Washington and is named for an important god of the local Indians. "Kiab" means mountain.

From the Shinob Kibe Facebook page (emphasis mine):

HISTORY:
Welcome to Shinob Kibe, properly pronounced Shih-NO-bee KY-bee. (The B's are long in the Southern Paiute language). We know this because Winnemucca, Chief of the Paiutes, taught the Paiute language to Brigham Young who was appointed the first Governor of Utah Territory and Superintendent of American Indian Affairs by President Millard Fillmore. Young acted as an ambassador and mediator between the Paiutes and the US Federal Government. Young also taught English to Chief Winnemucca. Because English was Winnemucca's second language, and because the B's are long in his native Paiute language, Winnemucca would pronounce Brigham's name as BEE-rig-um. Shinob Kibe (3,300 elev) is the very recognizable tilted mesa with a white strata stripe sitting next to the Virgin River in eastern Washington City, UT 84780. Shinob Kibe was used by the Paiute Indians in the mid 1800's as an easily defensible position during the raids by the Utes and Navajos who would attempt to kidnap the Paiute women and children and sell them to the settlers as slaves. Because Shinob Kibe is named for the Southern Paiute deity Shinob (Great Spirit) and incorporating the word kiab (mountain), it would seem that the Paiutes thought the mount sacred and most likely performed sacred rituals on the top of the mesa for generations.

OK, even better one for the "Carre Shin Ob" does not exist in the Ute Language crowd.

"Over the Rim" by William and Donna Smart is a presentation of the journals from the Parley P. Pratt expedition to Southern Utah 1849-1850. A fascinating read by any stretch, but made even more so by some details about Pratt's dealings with the Ute people.

Included is Robert Campbell's Ute Dictionary. It's brief, outlining what I suspect were crucial terms and in no way comprehensive. Robert Campbell printed a number of "immigrant guides" from 1849-1850, around the same time Pratts expedition led them far South. One of the entries in the dictionary:

Ute Word Meaning in English
Shinaub God

It's really easy to see how phonetically, Shin-Ob and Shinaub are the same.

The entire book can be viewed, saved and printed from: http://digitalcommons.usu.edu/usupress_pubs/102
Randy Bradford

Post Number:#80  Postby Morningstar » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Randy,

(I suppose I should post this here as well as the other forum for the reasons you mentioned.)

I found something interesting in my little Dictionary of the Ute Indian Language compiled by Mormon Selman. Selman was a missionary and teacher among the Ute Indians in Thistle Valley for 22 years. He taught school among them the winter of 1879-80. Quoting from the dictionary: "Those Indians were some of the Sanpitch branch of the Ute Indians who were in the Indian wars of Utah viz: Walker, Tintic and Black Hawk."

Two very interesting entries are:

Here -- Car-rie (there is a macron over the e)

The Great Spirit -- Shin-ob :)

Sakari Morningstar
~Sakari Morningstar
Morningstar
Site Admin

Post Number:#81  Postby Morningstar » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:55 pm

P.S. I do not like the annoying smilies. Too often I forget to disable them.
~Sakari Morningstar
Morningstar
Site Admin

Post Number:#82  Postby zelph » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:08 pm

There are books to be written, conferences to be had, guest speakers that write books etc.

Who are we to believe.....Paul Harold Dunn?

Now, go and pick out the ones in this thread that you'll believe. :")

Did you ever wonder why White Eagle has "Carre-Shinob" in his signature line...I have ;)
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Post Number:#83  Postby sanpete » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:05 pm

zelph do you trust bording? :thud:
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#84  Postby Whyte Eagle » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:17 pm

zelph wrote:Did you ever wonder why White Eagle has "Carre-Shinob" in his signature line...I have ;)

Very good catch Zelph! You may not be the first to notice it, but I think you are the first to mention it on the forum ... There's a good story that goes along with that ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#85  Postby sanpete » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:56 pm

BTW it is good to see zeplh posting again.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#86  Postby zelph » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:44 pm

sanpet wrote:zelph do you trust bording? :thud:

I don't trust anyone on this site :o except you Sanpet and Morningstar :D I dropped in just to say hi to you :"}

There's a good story that goes along with that ...

I bet there is and we probably have to attend the next conference to find out all about it :~d You sure are one secretive individual :P A sure sign of a Treasure Hunter extraordinaire. Are you headin out with Scipio this spring to find the golden cave :mrgreen: ?
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Post Number:#87  Postby Morningstar » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:14 am

I don't trust anyone on this site :o except you Sanpet and Morningstar :D I dropped in just to say hi to you :"}

Zelph, I am not sure which end of that sentence you were including me in. :)

(I think there are a lot of trustworthy, kind, intelligent members on this forum.)
~Sakari Morningstar
Morningstar
Site Admin

Post Number:#88  Postby zelph » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:55 am

Morningstar wrote:

Zelph, I am not sure which end of that sentence you were including me in. :)
.)

Oops!!! sorry....Hello Morningstar :D
zelph

Post Number:#89  Postby Morningstar » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:58 am

That is better. Hello, Zelph! :)
~Sakari Morningstar
Morningstar
Site Admin

Post Number:#90  Postby mrjimsfc » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:27 am

Dang! I'm not trustworthy.
"Nobody wants to listen to the voice of reason when there's a good hysteria to be had. Humans are like that."
mrjimsfc

Post Number:#91  Postby zelph » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:56 pm

mrjimsfc wrote:Dang! I'm not trustworthy.

I checked you out this morning.....you're ok....I trust you :D I read the post you made about the to's...too tired etc. :D
zelph

Post Number:#92  Postby mrjimsfc » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:27 pm

:D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D
"Nobody wants to listen to the voice of reason when there's a good hysteria to be had. Humans are like that."
mrjimsfc

Post Number:#93  Postby Lostaslost » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Silence, I am having trouble responding on the Lost Rhoades Mine. First I know where your Lost Rhoades Mine is at. Then the Carrie and then also The BYM is at. This is for each and every one of them. The others I think I could give some info but not a lot. Randy had said he would throw in the Blackhawk Mine and some other. I know the other locations but not the names. I could give some guesses as to the names but then this is just names and guesses. I do know the mines are for real. You can take this as you want to. Remember that I can comprehend and then have a compel of good maps that I have been lucky to pick up. Do not doubt this. I have picked up on two more and then left them along. These two had fines gold in the immediate area and I did not try to get to close due to the Utes.

Now for those who may be having the same problem I am might go to Whyte and or someone else and complain. I haven't because I am concerned that it might just be me having the problems due to my computer. MY computer said that the script was to long. I did not get one word out.

Take care
Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#94  Postby Whyte Eagle » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:51 pm

The maximum Character limit for a post is 60,000 characters ... if you have something that large to post I'd recommend that you break it up into smaller separate posts ... but actually, what I think you are describing is what is called a "script time out", these occur when the server has something happen which doesn't let it finish the script it was running, and of course, as a result you see that error message on the client (in your browser). If that's what is was then you should now be able to go back into that forum and make a post, if it still gives you the error, just send me the link and I'll take a look at it and see if there is something up with the forum or topic ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#95  Postby zelph » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:56 am

Lostaslost wrote: Then to we all know that the Utes do have and or had whiskers. Is this totally from the Spanish....

Lost for sure

Here is what we recently learned from another thread:

When encountered by the Dominguez-Escalante Expedition in 1776 the Utes were found living in "homes of grass and earth" near the shores of Utah Lake. Father Escalante, the chronicler of the expedition, describes the Indians as having good features with most of the men wearing long breads.

Long "breads" could mean beards or it could mean "braids" I think they had long "braids" ;=)
zelph

Post Number:#96  Postby Morningstar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:23 am

Zelph, there are several other references for the Utes having beards. I will find them for you if you would like. ?
~Sakari Morningstar
Morningstar
Site Admin

Post Number:#97  Postby zelph » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:01 pm

Morningstar wrote:Zelph, there are several other references for the Utes having beards. I will find them for you if you would like. ?

Thank you for the offer Morningstar. I did a quick search this morning and found a reference to them being bearded. Wonder where that gene came from. Maybe from meeting up with the Spaniards approx. 100 years prior.

This is what I found:

http://historytogo.utah.gov/people/ethn ... 5.html#top

The earliest specific reference by Spaniards to the Ute people is found in published reports of the Onate expedition in 1626. Fray Geronimo Salmeron wrote that Pueblo people told him of visits before 1598 of a group of Indians called Guaguatu or Guaputa. The friar called them Quasuatas, a form of the word "Yutas," by which he and later Spanish writers called all Indians who spoke the Shoshonean dialect. Thus, the People came to be called the Utes.

(1749)

.the Lagunas...live on the lake's abundant fish...Besides this, they gather the seeds of wild plants in the bottoms and make a gruel from them, which they supplement with the game of jackrabbits, coneys, and fowl, of which there is a great abundance here. They also have bison handy not too far away...but fear of the Comanches prevents them from hunting them.

"Their dwellings are some...little wattle huts of osier, out of which they have interestingly crafted baskets and other utensils for ordinary use...they wear...deerskin jacket [s] and long leggings of the same. For cold seasons they wear blankets made of jackrabbit and coney rabbit furs...They possess good features, and most of them are fully bearded..."[They have an] easy-going character.4 (4 Dominguez-Escalante Journal,60.)

---------------------------------------------------------------

So the Spaniards had very early contact with the Utes. Maybe that's where the gene comes from for the beards. Just sayin ;=)

All the cowboy and indian movies I've ever seen show Indians to have no facial hair. ;=)

Am I correct to say the Spaniards used Native Americans as slave labor?
zelph

Post Number:#98  Postby Morningstar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Zelph wrote:
Am I correct to say the Spaniards used Native Americans as slave labor?

Yes. Those references are not hard to find either. :)

Hey, Lost! Good to see you!
~Sakari Morningstar
Morningstar
Site Admin

Post Number:#99  Postby Lostaslost » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:26 pm

Zelph, you may want to take the knights into consideration. They where from all areas of the European and Asian nations. Not just Scotland and or France. Do not ever forget the Mantie area either and its stories. Surely you have seen Knight stuff that is sometimes covered over meaning the people over it will try there beast at convincing you that you are not really seeing what you think and know good and well what is staring you in the face. For myself I am thinking that their is more than one dead Knight at the Carrie. I imagine that the Ute and the Knights got along just fine. I some times wonder about the Cave of the dead and or however it is put in the Bible. I have also heard of the Book of the Dead. I got to wonder about everything. Just think if all of the gold was actually taking for Solomon's Temple as Boren says. Where did the Gold cap go from the great pyramid? I believe it was carried off with the Ark. Oh, you know I have a great imagination!

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#100  Postby zelph » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:54 am

Lostaslost wrote:Zelph, you may want to take the knights into consideration. They where from all areas of the European and Asian nations. Not just Scotland and or France. Do not ever forget the Mantie area either and its stories. Surely you have seen Knight stuff that is sometimes covered over meaning the people over it will try there beast at convincing you that you are not really seeing what you think and know good and well what is staring you in the face. For myself I am thinking that their is more than one dead Knight at the Carrie. I imagine that the Ute and the Knights got along just fine. I some times wonder about the Cave of the dead and or however it is put in the Bible. I have also heard of the Book of the Dead. I got to wonder about everything. Just think if all of the gold was actually taking for Solomon's Temple as Boren says. Where did the Gold cap go from the great pyramid? I believe it was carried off with the Ark. Oh, you know I have a great imagination!

Lost

Lostaslost as we can get in our imaginations. ;=) With all the facts and travels you have accumulated over the years you can say "I've had fun!!!" I'd like to see you put all that to good use by bringing something concrete to the table. Some photos, artifacts insitu and some videos. Better yet, get with the BLM and show them one of the lost caves or mines to be aired on nation wide news stations.

Be like Terry and Whyte Eagle....they will show us the elusive Brewer's cave also known as the Carre :mrgreen: Watch for it, it's comming this year, See the Knights Templars:

View the video with the ultimate imaginations, let your mind be free!!!

zelph

PreviousNext

Return to Carre-Shinob