Anyone been there?

Discussion of the ever elusive location we've come to know as Carre-Shinob ... is it fact or legend?

Re: Anyone been there?

Post Number:#126  Postby Lostaslost » Tue May 08, 2012 11:36 pm

Trigace I would have liked to have went with you guys. There is stuff to see in that area. I do need to return and still will here soon. That mine may very well still be there. I will trust people but when it comes to mines I have to see and search myself. I played in one area for I guess five years before I gave up. For the Carrie I only had to search for 2 years before it was found. Then the Utes got me all confused and took another year before I came to the conclusion that they had blweoen the tons of material over thew entrance. Then to when I took all of my photographs along with the last GPS location then I went right to it and sat right down on top and had a lunch. This is when at least one Ute rode up on us and he hide in the timber. This would have been in 2007. That mine was open from 1905 after Caleb's death until 2006 and or 101 years. What do you Utes have to say about it all? Utes you know I good say a whole lot more than I ever have!

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#127  Postby Trigace » Thu May 10, 2012 8:45 am

Lost-
I haven't gone to Dry Fork or Towats yet this year. I was asking you when you wanted to go. If we go, we might consider camping overnight since it is so far away and there are so many things to see. Let me know if you are still interested in a trip and what times you might be available to go.

Tanelorn-
Like Lost said, I also like to check things out for myself. Randy Lewis may be right that the Mine of Lost Souls has been covered up, but then again.... We've found 2 or 3 old diggings in the area where the Mine of Lost Souls is supposed to be. Could one of them be the MOLS?

Trigace
Trigace

Post Number:#128  Postby Lostaslost » Thu May 10, 2012 11:44 am

OK the Gold Show is this weekend and I was planning on going to it. I will drop you a line Trig.

Tanelorn I am saying that mine could very well be wide open. Then to it may not have been for years. I am guessing that this was considered to be a Sacred Mine. If you can remember what Aaron Daniels had saids about the Ute cheief who was standing out on the boulder naked and singing, there had to have been something there is my guess. There is so many stories floating around about where that mine was at that it is rediculas. So many have found the mine but it was closed off. Again I tend to like to check things out myself and then I know myself and will not always be questioning myself. If you have tried hard then that is good enough. I might be able to offer some help but I do not like to talk a lot. I have no desire to go to this mine just because it could wope up on me. But still I might be able to help someone. You might be able to deside for yourslef if you think you could find it.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#129  Postby Tanelorn » Thu May 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Lost,

I would appreciate any help you would be willing to lend me. I also will be attending the Gold Show on Saturday and have that disc you wanted in my glovebox. Maybe we can meet up and I can get it to you? Have fun and drive safe.

Take care,

Daniel
Nestradetu@Hotmail.com
"Pack it in, pack it out. Keep our wilderness pristine."
Tanelorn

Post Number:#130  Postby Robert Gifford » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:43 am

Hello Lost,

Well it's been several years since I responded to "Anyone been there?".

After returning from my last Alaska trip to the "40 mile mining district", and being very successful, I stopped by good old Roosevelt. I sure miss home, but even more I miss the Uintah's and all its great mysteries.

Someone got very close to the mine, within twenty feet of the picture that I took that was presented in my book. I don't know if they saw the log that covered the entrance, or the portal logs but, they were close enough that I quickly left worrying that I may have been discovered, or followed.

I hope that everyone is doing well, and that includes you trig. I hope the best for all of you and maybe next year I will go back and spend a month in Roosevelt, going back to each and e3veryone of the deposits that I wrote about in "X-Marks the Spot", and also the eight deposits that I wrote in "S-Marks the Spot-2".

I hope to publish the 2nd book about the Carrie, and a couple of other books later next year.

In the mean time... Good luck to all of you.

Robert L. Gifford
Robert Gifford

Post Number:#131  Postby Tanelorn » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Robert L. Gifford,

Are any of your books available for purchase? I have been looking for "X Marks the Spot" for years and still nothing. I did not know you had a second book as well. Let me know if you publish any more of your past writings or any new publications for that matter for I would love to get some copies. Good luck in all your endeavors.

Take care,

Daniel
Nestradetu@Hotmail.com
"Pack it in, pack it out. Keep our wilderness pristine."
Tanelorn

Post Number:#132  Postby Lostaslost » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:46 pm

Gifford, I would very much enjoy another book from you. An book that is new will be fine. I am sorry but I never can recall a picture that was published that was at the Carrie. Now just as Boren wrote I do believe that there was three entences. Of course now there would only now be two entrances if you count the BYU entrance then there would be two entrences, if you say the one I entered was blown closed. The Utes blew this entrence closed and this was right where the Spanish smelter sit although this smelter was not hurt as far as I could tell. Now go down the stairway and you would enter the Garcia cache room the way I figure.

Tanelorn you know I have been there.

Lost for sure!
Lostaslost

Post Number:#133  Postby Robert Gifford » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:24 am

Hello Lost,

If I remember correctly, in chapter seven of the book there is a picture of the Carrie entrance that I am acquainted with. If you look close at what looks like a rock slide there is a log parallel across the picture. If you look very close just under the parallel log you will see the portal timbers that form the entrance to the Carrie.

Enjoy

Robert L. Gifford
Robert Gifford

Post Number:#134  Postby Lostaslost » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:38 am

Gifford let me say this again. I know full well that I have said this before to everyone here. Where I entered there was not any timber. I only saw a wall of rock and then af6ter entering I saw the smelter. Now naturally I saw a few things that stuck in my mind. No timber at all. Nor did I see any treasure. I had allways figured the Garcia cache to be right below. I did not look for a stairway nor did I see one. I am supposing it was right behind me. Gifford I can assure you that something outside got my attention but you have not hit on it. Nor would I say you hit it if you did. I will say that not ever will you find it and you know it. I think the last time I have been there was 2011 but the Utes can tell you. I do not plan on ever returning.

Lost for sure!
Lostaslost

Post Number:#135  Postby roughrockxxx » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:38 pm

ill give this a try

roughrockxxx

Post Number:#136  Postby Whyte Eagle » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Sorry about that RoughRockxxx, I usually catch these sooner but I've been a little tied up with the AHRF website lately ... ;=) ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#137  Postby sanpete » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:10 pm

After being gone for a few months with P.C. problems and now studing this thred I still say that only GOD knowes where the Carrey is and he will chose the right person to find it. Sorry lost but you are still a good friend of mine. Just to add a little bit of my thoughts on all of this kind of stuff Boren is high on weed or something and knows nothing.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#138  Postby Lostaslost » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Sanpet, you still talking! I did find it Sanpet. There is more to it than you think. What the hell you going to do with it! I am one who very well believes this. I think and have read this is something that will come uncorked. You do not run from this one and your home want protect you either.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#139  Postby Robert Gifford » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Hey All,

Its been a long time since anyone posted on this page. Hope everyone doesn't give up and does nothing but talk about what might have been.

Prospect, Be Safe

Robert L. Gifford
Robert Gifford

Post Number:#140  Postby zelph » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Robert Gifford wrote:Hello Lost,

If I remember correctly, in chapter seven of the book there is a picture of the Carrie entrance that I am acquainted with. If you look close at what looks like a rock slide there is a log parallel across the picture. If you look very close just under the parallel log you will see the portal timbers that form the entrance to the Carrie.

Enjoy

Robert L. Gifford

You make me laugh Gifford :lol:

You've been there and it ain't no big thing for you :lol:

and yet everyone wants to find it :lol:

Why don't you cash in on it and sell your info to National Geographic? You afraid the Utes are going to getcha :lol:

I do fully understand why you pop in and bump this thread ;=) ;=) ;=)
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Post Number:#141  Postby Igor » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:24 pm

The book he is talking about in your quote of his post is the book he wrote "X Mark's the Spot", the book is about the Rhoades Mine which is what he claimed he found
Igor

Post Number:#142  Postby Whyte Eagle » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:34 pm

Igor wrote:The book he is talking about in your quote of his post is the book he wrote "X Mark's the Spot", the book is about the Rhoades Mine which is what he claimed he found

Actually, Gifford's book talks of both ... the word "Carre-Shin-Ob" is mentioned throughout the book ... Chapter 9 is entitled "The Carre-Shin-Ob" and of course is about the Carre-Shinob referencing it as a mine. Personally I do think that the mine he is speaking of is one of the Rhoades Mines ... ;=) ... Still a pretty good read though ...

Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#143  Postby littlered » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:13 pm

It would be a good read if I could ever find a copy. Also I am still waiting to hear about his next book. Is it to be published any time soon?
littlered

Previous

Return to Carre-Shinob