The Name "Carre-Shinob?

Discussion of the ever elusive location we've come to know as Carre-Shinob ... is it fact or legend?

The Name "Carre-Shinob?

Post Number:#1  Postby Redcloud » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Where dose this word come from? It seem their was a break down in Kerry's first book with Gale Rhoads, the one printed in the early 70's. Dose anyone still have a copy of that book?
Redcloud

Re: The Name "Carre-Shinob?

Post Number:#2  Postby Whyte Eagle » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:41 pm

The oldest reference I've found so far was from 1950 ... a newspaper article written in one of the Salt Lake City Papers ... but beyond that, who knows ... <shrugs shoulders> ...

I'll dig up the article for you and get it posted ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#3  Postby Whyte Eagle » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:29 pm

Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#4  Postby Redcloud » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:29 am

Thanks for the article Whyteagle. The place named, "Carre-Shin-Ob" may be known as the place where the great spirit lives or dwelling place of the great spirit, but the Word its self may mean something else. It must be a word composed of other words from another anceint language like Hebrew or reformed Egyption, some other modified term. could it have simply been a spoken word by the ancients, and then later pronounced and spelled into English?
Redcloud

Post Number:#5  Postby Lostaslost » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:37 am

I would have to say that the word Carrie-Shinob had to have came from the Utes just as has been said. I doubt that they would have carried over another name for this mine. Then have never used the name Josephine although maybe they did use the wording The Mine of the Yutas. It seems the Spanish used this wording for the mine and of course they gave the name Josephine to it. Now it is lost in space and no one wants to acknowledge the fact.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#6  Postby Whyte Eagle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:26 am

Of course that's only if you're assuming that it is a mine ... :D ... personally I think it is a cave and has nothing to do with the Spanish ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#7  Postby Lostaslost » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:20 pm

Whyte that is just what the Utes want you and everyone else who hunts the Carrie to think. For the most part they have gotten their way until they ran into a nut case like me. I am confused and I bet they know this.

So lets just say that you are nearly almost correct in your belief which in no way are you. This still leaves the Sacred mine #2 and the Brigham Young Mine nearly almost right there. So now we have the Carrie sitting their with nothing but the Keepers such as Walker and San Pete. Who knows just how many keepers and just how far back in time they could possible go. As the story goes the Aztec left the Carrie to be watched by the Utes. Then is there any reason that the Aztec would then return with Montezuma's Treasure to the Carrie? So they are watchers of what Whyte? Which part of this story do you want to say was made up by Boren? Are you saying right here and now that there is no watchers today and never has been. I know better and it ain't make believe. Where are the Keepers buried at Whyte? I would like to know and I really mean this.

Spanish not there! Give me a break! They where there Whyte and I personally guarantee you that.

The Big LOU Whyte! And if you do not believe anything about the Carrie then you will certainly never believe anything about the LOU. Oh yea, you believe in it but it is in New Mexico. Sounds great Whyte but I am the nut case here and I will continue to believe just what I believe. The LOU is the City of Gold and this city sits right here in the Uintas and has never sit in New Mexico and or South Dakota.

Makes a hell of a story anyway Whyte. I ought to be a fiction writer. I could be just like Boren.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#8  Postby Whyte Eagle » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:40 am

You've got a couple of things right LostAsLost ...

a small group of Aztecs did find their way to the Carre-Shinob, but the Shoshones were the care takers at the time, not the Utes.

Being that it is not a mine, and never has been mined, the Spanish never found it. not were they ever there at the Carre-Shinob.

As for the LUE, well that's a whole different story altogether ... ;) ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#9  Postby Lostaslost » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:55 am

Whyte you may have a couple of things right also. As I stated the Aztec supposedly where there first. Somewhere here we have to deal with the Ancients. I do not know if the Aztec could have been the Israelites and or not. Someone left the gold plates at the Carrie and supposedly these plates are the word of God. I guess they where carried over here to America by the Isralites. Then just maybe the Ark could have been carried here also at this time and or later. In all reality the Ark probably never showed at this time period. Certainly not if the Ark left the second Temple. I think I have read that the Israelites came here to America at about 600 BC.

So the Spanish never dealt with the Carrie. Well Whyte you need to re-think your research here. It is wrong. As I have said many times, the Carrie-Shinob is the Josephine. It is the Mine of the Yutas. Read this one more time Whyte. The Mine of the Yutas! Mine is the key here. Even Garcia said this. We know Garcia was at the Josephine. Then Caleb said that the mine he wanted to open and mine was just an old Spanish Mine. He was not lieing in any kind of way here. It was the Josephine. Caleb was lieing when he said it was not the Carrie. He definitely knew better but his figuring was that everyone that actually knew about the Carrie and possibly even his oath was dead and gone. We do not really know how long the Spansih where here at the Mine of the Yutas. We do know that Garcia was here in like 1780. I would have to check that date out for sure but it is not off by more than a year. But my guess is that before Garcia there was some other group of Spanish. It possibley could actually go back in nearly the times of Coronado.

The date Whyte I kept my eye open for it when searching. Dale Bascom when searching for the Carrie also kept his eye open for it. Dale said that he thought that the date was on a tree and had been removed. I believe that the date was on a rock wall. I never found it but it could have been right there when I made the search. I could have walked right by it. Then to it could have been placed on a tree and it may have been removed just as Dale suggest. Certainly we should all know that all of the signs and symbols have been removed. Supposedly this was done by a direct decedent of Caleb during the 1940's.

Mel Fisher came out here for some reason Whyte. He came here because of the Gold and you should know this. Mel had the money to go anywhere in the world that he wanted to go to and he chose the Uintas of Utah. I bet he was just as crazy as I am Whyte.

So now we have Mel Fisher who came out here to search for the richest Gold Mine of the World. Now we have the Big LOU in which Von Muller said that there was enough gold in it to pay off the National debt. Seems like somewhere in this story I have heard that Caleb offered to do just that. Perhaps he also knew about the Big LOU. Their you go Whyte. Caleb someway saw the map and he decides to make up the whole story of his and Hathenbrock and become famous for being a lier. He could see into the future and probably knew full well that books would be written concerning him and a make believe mine. He was going to leave a legacy one way and or the other and it was his was his dream. He done done it!

The gold Whyte. The gold that Garcias wrote about. Where did it go? Did Renaldo make off with it all. Tons of gold calculated and something like 34 years of production. Renaldo carried off some raw gold and we know that but just maybe not. Maybe Boren made up that story also. The Mormon Church would certainly not have any records of this as Boren suggest. Nor was there ever a battle at Chicken Creek in which the Spanish where massacred by Ute Indians and or Mormons. All make believe and I fell for it all. That dam Boren!

Whyte I could come out with the total truth here and everyone would then know with out a doubt. It want happen. My personal belief is that there is so much history in the Carrie that we do not even want to know. I think in the Mormon Bible it is said that if anyone and or it was littererly suggesting that if Joseph Smith ever tried to do away with the gold plates that he would be destroyed. Well I figure that the same would go for anyone else that entered the mine and tried to make off with any treasure dealing with the very religious part of it all. The Mormon Bible does say that there will come a time. For me I am not wanting to rush anything. I will not try to touch any of it and I certainly will never give out the total truth as I know it. I guess if I ever got a message as Joseph Smith received from the Angel Moroni it would scare me to death. Most certainly I am not suggesting any kind of perceived dealings with God and or any angels. Yes I am a believer though. If anything good has come out of all of this treasure experience for me it is the research and study of the Mormon history and religion.

LostasLost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#10  Postby Trigace » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:12 pm

In the Book of Mormon, Helaman 13:18 it talks about the curse the Lord put on the treasures of the Nephites (in about 7 B.C.): "And it shall come to pass, saith the Lord of Hosts, yea, our great and true God, that whoso shall hide up treasures in the earth shall find them again no more, because of the great curse of the land, save he be a righteous man and shall hide it up unto the Lord."

The wicked could not find their own treasures after hiding them up back then, but if a righteous man hid up his treasure unto the Lord, he might again find it.

In verse 19 it says: "For I will, saith the Lord, that they shall hide up their treasures unto me; and cursed be they who hide not up their treasures unto me; for none hideth up their treasures unto me save it be the righteous; and he that hideth not up his treasures unto me, cursed is he, and also the treasure, and none shall redeem it because of the curse of the land."

In Mormon 1:18 it says that the inhabitants of the land again began to hide up their treasures in the earth and could no longer retain them (or find them). This was in about 327 A.D.

So if the wicked hide up their treasures, the treasure is cursed and will never be found, unless the Lord lifts the curse upon it. Though not stated, there also seems to be an inferrence that only a righteous man will find any of these treasures of the Nephites, whether buried by a righteous man or a wicked man.

The gold plates (and other priceless artifacts) from which we have the Book of Mormon were found by Joseph Smith, under the direction of a resurrected Nephite prophet who had buried them. These "treasures" were hid up by a righteous man and found by a righteous man.

If any of you think that you are going to find any of the sacred plates and artifacts that were hid up by ancient prophets without being specifically directed by the Lord or one of his angels, you're going to be searching until you die, because you'll never find any of them.

Now, does the Carre contain some of these sacred gold plates and ancient artifacts? If it really does, then only he whom the Lord directs will find it and contrary to the claims of Boren, Gifford, or anyone else -- NO ONE has found the Carre, or more accurately, the real hilll Cumorah, wherein lies these sacred records.

Maybe the Carre has other records, not the sacred ones. And maybe there is a treasure there that has not been cursed by the Lord. If so, maybe there's still a chance for all of us to locate this treasure. Remember, the Nephites became extinct as a nation at about 387 A.D., and the Lamanites, their conquerors, became very wicked and degenerated into many tribes who forgot the true gospel teachings they had received at the time Christ appeared to them after his resurrection. So, any treasures they (who many think were the Mayans and later, Aztecs) buried up were probably not buried up unto the Lord according to his direction. But then, there is no record of the Lord cursing all of their treasures that were buried at later time periods.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that if there is a Carre-Shinob that has some great treasure in it, it most probably is not a Nephite treasure of gold plates and artifacts because the Lord would not have allowed anyone to see it and we would not even know about it from modern accounts.

Trigace
Trigace

Post Number:#11  Postby Whyte Eagle » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:00 am

All very interesting points to consider with regards to the Carre-Shinob, should it turn out to be the real Cumorah. The one thing that stands out in my view that would indicate that Cumorah and the Carre-Shinob might not be one and the same place is that we think there may be interments of various individuals in the Carre-Shinob whereas only records or artifacts were placed in Cumorah … so, if they are not the same place, could they be close to one another? I suppose that is also a possibility …
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#12  Postby Redcloud » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:46 pm

The one thing that stands out in my view that would indicate that Cumorah and the Carre-Shinob might not be one and the same place is that we think there may be interments of various individuals in the Carre-Shinob whereas only records or artifacts were placed in Cumorah … so, if they are not the same place, could they be close to one another? I suppose that is also a possibility

Their would, most likely, also be some ore for making more plates.
Redcloud

Post Number:#13  Postby sanpete » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:50 pm

The bigest thing wrong here is BOREN
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#14  Postby Lostaslost » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:27 pm

Sanpet I am still confused over your suggestion that there is a problem with Boren's story. If Boren has a problem with his story then I can assure you that you are saying the same for my story. I will tell you right now that I do leave a lot to be desired in my story. I have seen some small parts of Boren's story but it is small and it does suggest that what Boren has said is true. I can assure you of this.

I can also assure you that Boren also knows where the Carrie lies. He definitly knows. There can never be a doubt about this. As for Boren actually going to the mine. Well I do not know if this is true and or not. He definitly had some kind of inside info if he never went there his self. Of course he was cousins with Gale Rhoades and they are the ones who got this whole story rolling with there first book, Footprints in the wilderness. So maybe anything he gained while he and Gale worked together it was fully gained from Gales knowlege of the Lost Rhoades Mine. I do know that he knows more than what was ever put into print and so far with what I have been able to prove he knew a whole lot of what he actually wrote. For me there is no doubt about all of the gold and I am telling you and everone else that I have never seen any treasure and or gold vein there at the mine. But again I just entered a short several steps and then froze. Yes I defintily saw something and it was history. As for Whyte saying the Spanish was never there he is definitly worng on this idea.

The Carrie, Josephine and the Lost Rhoades Mine is all one and the same. This still leaves the Sacred Mine # 2 and of course the Bringham Young Mine and I Have stayed away from these two mines. I want them left alone as I do not want tons of material blowed over them and or destroyed.

The Utes still guard thes mine today unless they have destroyed them all. I doubt they would do that as this would then leave it all up for graps if they have actually moved off thinking there is no longer any reason to guard them even if they have been destroyed.

The Utes have me to thank for not giving out any info. I could very easily contact any number of treasure hunters who would be glad to go with me again to the mines and enter. How many would it take to keep the Utes away while individuals enterd and explored the mines and or caves.

The Utes have not seen me there in the area and if they have been watching me else where then they have left me alone. There is still plenty of gold in the Uintas and I will yet find some of it. I am that confident to say this and mean it.

Today is the day!
Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#15  Postby PjRhoades » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:54 pm

I just get so excited over the truthful opinions of Kerry... I totally agree and yes I still have a copy of the original Footprints in The Wilderness published in 1971!!!!!
PjRhoades

Post Number:#16  Postby sanpete » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:14 am

Trigace wrote:In the Book of Mormon, Helaman 13:18 it talks about the curse the Lord put on the treasures of the Nephites (in about 7 B.C.): "And it shall come to pass, saith the Lord of Hosts, yea, our great and true God, that whoso shall hide up treasures in the earth shall find them again no more, because of the great curse of the land, save he be a righteous man and shall hide it up unto the Lord."

The wicked could not find their own treasures after hiding them up back then, but if a righteous man hid up his treasure unto the Lord, he might again find it.

In verse 19 it says: "For I will, saith the Lord, that they shall hide up their treasures unto me; and cursed be they who hide not up their treasures unto me; for none hideth up their treasures unto me save it be the righteous; and he that hideth not up his treasures unto me, cursed is he, and also the treasure, and none shall redeem it because of the curse of the land."

In Mormon 1:18 it says that the inhabitants of the land again began to hide up their treasures in the earth and could no longer retain them (or find them). This was in about 327 A.D.

So if the wicked hide up their treasures, the treasure is cursed and will never be found, unless the Lord lifts the curse upon it. Though not stated, there also seems to be an inferrence that only a righteous man will find any of these treasures of the Nephites, whether buried by a righteous man or a wicked man.

The gold plates (and other priceless artifacts) from which we have the Book of Mormon were found by Joseph Smith, under the direction of a resurrected Nephite prophet who had buried them. These "treasures" were hid up by a righteous man and found by a righteous man.

If any of you think that you are going to find any of the sacred plates and artifacts that were hid up by ancient prophets without being specifically directed by the Lord or one of his angels, you're going to be searching until you die, because you'll never find any of them.

Now, does the Carre contain some of these sacred gold plates and ancient artifacts? If it really does, then only he whom the Lord directs will find it and contrary to the claims of Boren, Gifford, or anyone else -- NO ONE has found the Carre, or more accurately, the real hilll Cumorah, wherein lies these sacred records.

Maybe the Carre has other records, not the sacred ones. And maybe there is a treasure there that has not been cursed by the Lord. If so, maybe there's still a chance for all of us to locate this treasure. Remember, the Nephites became extinct as a nation at about 387 A.D., and the Lamanites, their conquerors, became very wicked and degenerated into many tribes who forgot the true gospel teachings they had received at the time Christ appeared to them after his resurrection. So, any treasures they (who many think were the Mayans and later, Aztecs) buried up were probably not buried up unto the Lord according to his direction. But then, there is no record of the Lord cursing all of their treasures that were buried at later time periods.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that if there is a Carre-Shinob that has some great treasure in it, it most probably is not a Nephite treasure of gold plates and artifacts because the Lord would not have allowed anyone to see it and we would not even know about it from modern accounts.

Trigace
Lost I think I have to go with Trigace on this. Lost I do not like Boren coming around telling me about the history of Sanpete County Utah when my ancestors who helped settel Sanpete from the very beginning. I have anseters on both sides of my family who tell me different than what boren. I think that boren is a very good name for him because if anything he is boring.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#17  Postby sanpete » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Lost there may be a "Carre-Shinob" and there may not be aCarrie-Shinob" I don't know. But if there is one there is one idem that is not there and that is the "Ark of the Covenant" That my friend is under that big rock that is under the big dome in Jerusalem. Ask yourself who would stand to lose more than anybody if it were found? The muslims.
sanpete

Post Number:#18  Postby Lostaslost » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:20 am

Sanpet, there is a Carrie-Shinob. I know that for a fact. I can also assure you 100% that the Spanish where definitly there. I want argue concerning these two facts.

Now as for just what is in the Carrie then I will just have to say that I do believe what Boren has said on some of the things. Although, I will have to addmit that he could have made a mistake on just what was inside the Carrie as far as the treasure goes. If I where to have gone on back into the Carrie and took and or had the time to do so along with the tools needed then I amy have seen a great treasure myself. Now here I am not even trying to say that the Garcia Cache is part of this treasure although it most certainly would be and I know this is a fact. It is possible that this could have been moved and hidden else where but I seriously doubt it due to the time involved and man power. Of course after the Utes blew tons of material over the entrance then this cache is certainly safe for now.

Now I am just talking of the other treasure that Boren suggested as being Montezuma's Treasure. Hell if I had stud staring at this would I have know what I was lookinng at. We have to many ands, if and butts when dealing with this and the history of it all. In one of the books it is suggested that when whoever came to America they brought a treasure from the Tower of Bable. Then we have Montezuma's Treasure and this can be highly possible and I do know this. Then we have suggestions of a Treasure from the Nephits. Who knows what is there and where it came from. I definitly believe that someway there is a treasure there that is outside all of the raw gold and Garcia's cache. Who knows where the Treasure actually came from?

Now when dealing with the Ark then again I am saying that I do believe it is highly possible. Now you can say that I read to many fiction books and watch to many History Channel documentaries. One thing that is a fact is that the Knights Templer's was at Solomon's Temple for a period of 8 years I think I saw it on a documentary. Someway they came up with a lot of money and or treasure. I have seen that the people of the country side was paying the Templers for protection. So now they are suggesting a huge amount of money was accumalated as being mercinaries. What the Hell! We must have had a very rich culture surrounding all of the middle east back in those days before there was even a such a thing as oil. They know for a fact that the Templers where in the caves under the Temple Mount. I have read this in books concerning the Ark. I have seen it on documenataries.

Now supposedly their is not any body that is under the Temple Mount and if one side and or the other is found to be under the Mount it nearly starts a war. Now one thing is for a fact and supposedly no one knows where the Ark went to and or is. If somebody knows where the Ark actually is then they are doing a good job of keeping it all quiet. This would also go for the Utes if they are guarding the Carrie for this reason.

Now we do have the Templers and you got to know there story. Of course Sanpet some of this story deals right where you live and you are outright saying this is all a pack of lies. I will tell you this. It has been during the past two weeks that I saw on TV wqhere they said that they do know for a fact that the Templers did come to America and that they believe that the Sinclare family was the ones that where here. They said their was evidence of this found here in America.

Now everyone is going to say, How in the hell is anyone going to even think that anyone could have made it to Utah in that time back. Well if we are considering what we as kids learned in school concerning the opening of the west then we are naturally going to say this would be impossible.

I am saying that with my studies of the Rhoades Mine then their has been questions come up in dealing with the Ark. Now this is about all I am willing to say here and for the most part I keep that to myself. I do think I could talk more about it and you just might then have questions also. Again I am going to leave it alone and hell if I was to come right out here and post pictues of the Ark then it would not make one bit of difference as we would still have many saying it is all BS. Now in no way am I suggesting that I have seen the Ark and most definitly I sure did not take pictures of it. I am telling you that if I knew where it sit I would definitly want to avoid it at all costs. I do believe that the Ark would kill me.

Sanpet we have three mines located here in a small area of the Uintas. If I was guessing, I would be willing to make a guess as where the Ark lied as far as a mine goes. I sure may be wrong on my guess if the Ark actually lies here anyway.

You and everyone else has three quesses in dealing on where it could possible lie. We have three mines and so three guesses. You Sanpet do not have a guess at all as you are saying it still sits under the Temple Mount. Well there is many who fell exactly as you do and I can assure you they probabley are a whole lot smarter than I am. Still I will alwasy wonder and there is nothing wrong with that. I myself am saying I will stand up and say I am a half buble off plum.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#19  Postby Argenta » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Sanpet, that would help explain why there are so many lost treasure tales in the many States of America. The stories I've read of the lost caches made around the San Juan Mnts. of Colorado are a interesting read. One that I remember well was of a prospector who observed some rough dressed men burying something. After they left, he dug it up to find it was native gold dust and gold algam from a mill. He moved it to another spot a few hundred yards away, made a note of the location and was never able to relocate it when he went back to get it. Such is the fate of many outlaw treasures.
Perhaps we've all been of the non-righous thinking when we look for the hidden treasures. Maybe we should be more unselfish and rightous in our thinking when we go out to find these hidden deposits? We can fool human beings, but not the Lord. Something I'd never thought about before, that our creator keeps these treasure vaults protected from selfish mortals such as we seem to be.
But just incase that's not factual, and no disrespect to those who are rightous, I'll contine to seek until I'm to old to hunt anymore. lol.
Argenta

Post Number:#20  Postby geogeek » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:28 pm

I am quite sure I am more stupid than I thought I was. What is the deal? I definitely would like to see this location. Not a plunder deal, but a historical record it and educate the curious. I came into this world naked, and I am leaving naked. Carre-Shinob? I just want to see. I just want to see. I love you all, but going away for a while. Ya gotta pray for me please. Please.
If you can't find your glasses or your keys when you pressed the edge of late, go look in the mirror and open your hands. BTW, do you have oil in and for your lamp?
geogeek

Post Number:#21  Postby Lostaslost » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:30 am

Art Davidson's book, Sometimes Cassidy. Here Art says that Butch Cassidy called the Carrie, Cara Shinob. Well this is the way it was spelled in his book. It was the Sacred Indian Mine and the Gold was Sacred.

In this book Art says that Butch died in 1956. Boren certainly was not writting then and or he had not published anything then. Well I don't think so. So he never made up the name Carrie-Shinob. This was pointed out anyway in the newspaper clipping placed above anyway.

Now Art said that Butch said that Cara stood for Sacred. Shinob was the real God. He lived behind the North Star. Now this is interesting if you have read anything about the pyrimids. The pyrimids had a opening that pointed directly to the North Star. Here recently I saw on the History Channel where they said that, I forget just where but somewhere in South America, there was a big doorway that was carved right on a rock wall. Well now here in their make-believe world they said that they thought that a being could be transfered to our planet instantly. Now nothing is here and presto now a being is here. They believed that this doorway would open up. I think they said that that doorway was pointing to the north. Butch Cassidy was buried in the area of the Johnny Mine in Nevado facing the North. Butch believed in something!

Butch got caught by the Utes following the Trail of the Old Ones. So he just so happened to have some Ruby Silver in his saddle bags. He told the Utes that he was the last of the Old Ones. He had some Ruby silver to bring back to the Sacred Mines. I guess he was let in to leave the Ruby Silver there. In this book it says that Butch had found the Silver in southern Utah. He had sold what he found for $12,000. Now that is at least 12,000 ounces of silver as it was going for $1 a ounce. One silver dollar is near about one ounce. Back in the days of Butch Cassidy a silver dollar was a one dollar piece.

So now we can look into Steve Shaffers book Of Men and Gold and or the Lost Josephine and see that there was huge chunks of Virgin Silver hacked off of the Walls of the Josephine. Some was said to be over 100 pounds. Supposedly there is stacks of Virgin Silver stacked right there in the Garcia Cache area along with the tons of gold and silver bars. This is in the Garia Waybill. I just wonder if Calebs Mine of the Virgin Silver was also considered the Josephine and or the Carrie-Shinob?

The Question here is how did Butch know to say he had Ruby Silver to return to the Sacred Mines. Where did he get the info that there was ever any silver at the Sacreed Mines. Well we know that Matt Warner was used by Caleb Rhoades to protect his interest. I guess Butch probabley knew Caleb also.

Just me Ramblin here. I am going to totally re-read Art Davidson's book here before I start on Boren's new book, Butch Cassidy, The untold Story. I am hoping that he puts some info concerning the mines in this book also. I know he has done so and or I am guessing that he has.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#22  Postby geogeek » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:29 pm

geogeek wrote:I am quite sure I am more stupid than I thought I was.

This is true. When I wrote that post I was very distressed. No excuse really.

What was actually on my mind then (and now) is a story told to me by the local cowboys of the area. A shroud of secrecy in this case is pointless. I do advise, do not tresspass reservation boundaries.

To be brief for now, but I will expound later, is the Southern Utes, and the older migrants (homesteaders/cowboys) have similar stories that really do make a lot of sense. Especially if you consider the names of the locations in this area (what area? ;) ). I do have to go to toil soon. Since some of my writings tend to be longer than I think they will be, I will put it into WORD and paste it. Some of the people I have talked to are still alive and are very sober about the stories. They have even shown me some very different petroglyphs. Did I say I advise against trespassing?

Again, I apologize for rattling on a fuzz over a year ago. Indeed the name Carre-Shinob is passed around more than I expected. For the third time, do not get any ideas about trespassing. I apologize for a stupid post, don't be sorry for going where you are not welcome.

Have to go to toil,

geogeek
If you can't find your glasses or your keys when you pressed the edge of late, go look in the mirror and open your hands. BTW, do you have oil in and for your lamp?
geogeek

Post Number:#23  Postby Lostaslost » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Geogeek, yes I am having a hard time following you here. Are you suggesting that I have been tresspassing? It an't never happened. I know where I am at always. Kind of like on the Moutnain Men where he anwsers the question, "Haven,t you ever been lost before?" Well no but a might bet confused for several months!

I have never tresspassed onto Indian Land. So don't anyone take it for granted that the Carrie is on Indian Land. I don't think that the Utes are going to come out and accuse me of that since I was last on here with Red Man. A guy might get kind of like angry and just come out and say exactly where he had been. I don't think that the Utes want to hear it.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#24  Postby geogeek » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:18 pm

Lostaslost wrote: Are you suggesting that I have been tresspassing?

Not at all. In fact a totally different location than you are suggesting. Are you in a hurry to be offended?

geogeek
geogeek

Post Number:#25  Postby Lostaslost » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:52 am

Nope, not at all!

Lost
Lostaslost

Next

Return to Carre-Shinob