The Name "Carre-Shinob?

Discussion of the ever elusive location we've come to know as Carre-Shinob ... is it fact or legend?

Re: The Name "Carre-Shinob?

Post Number:#76  Postby Kanabite » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:09 pm

hi yall.
i need to look cause seems like i have a reference for some of this stuff somewhere. Ta-vwoats mean rabbit i think

The animal characters all had human personalities and could talk in the mythical "ancient times," but their descendents are said to have lost these attributes. Powell used the Indian names for the characters in the myths; for example, "Ta-vwoats" or Rabbit. For clarity the English names have been substituted with an indication in brackets of the Indian name.

and there is a Shin -au-av

"Originally the surface of the Earth was a smooth plain, but one day Coyote [Shin-au-av] told Hawk [Kusav] to place the latter's quiver at a short distance from where they stood that it might be used as a mark, at which he would shoot. Then Coyote sent an arrow from his bow which struck the quiver, but glanced and plowed its way about the face of the earth in every conceivable direction, digging deep gorges and cañons, making valleys, plowing up mountains, hills, and rocks. In this way the water courses were determined and the hills and mountains made and huge rocks were scattered about the country.

Powell link

there is more but i got to find where ever i put it :~O

might wanna keep an eye out for them rabbits :"" hey does this forum have its own storage for pictures ? or do i have to use external storage
Kanabite

Post Number:#77  Postby Whyte Eagle » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:54 pm

Kanabite wrote:hey does this forum have its own storage for pictures ? or do i have to use external storage

Kanabite ... In answer to your question, yes it has it's own storage for pics ... You'll find a reference to it under the "upload Attachment" button at the bottom of the edit post window ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#78  Postby Kanabite » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:03 pm

ok thanks give me a second here i am trying to find something about this name , i just cant remember where i put it.
i cant load this pdf , i am very retarded on this pph format.lolpdf file

Kanabite

Post Number:#79  Postby sanpete » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:50 pm

How about that. Very good. Thank you
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#80  Postby zelph » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:13 pm

The White Cross of Witch Pool was an interesting read :D :~d
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Post Number:#81  Postby zelph » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:14 pm

zelph wrote:The White Cross of Witch Pool was an interesting read :D :~d

The method of catching wabbits was interesting. :D
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND Burrows Lowery Cave
zelph

Previous

Return to Carre-Shinob