Norumbega caverns, Maine coast

Discussions focused on other caves ...

Norumbega caverns, Maine coast

Post Number:#1  Postby umglebemu » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:01 am

First of all,How White Eagle, Sir, would you be interested in info about a set of caverns on the maine coast? I believe from living and exploring these sites that it may well be The Temple of Norumbega! There is also a giant monolith stone carved and placed over an entrance to a crypt.I only saw a little piece of this because I was only 11,by myself, and only found it by sheer accident. It is high up on a nearby mountian. Both places can be seen by sattelite maps,but are immpossible to see from the ground due to a pallisaded wall placed in front of the caverns. this too looks manmade,but on a massive scale.Only someone with a high amount of skill with working stone could have accomplished it. The only reason that I could get under the monolith stone is that a crack form hundreds of years of frost placed a crack at the base of the eastern side of the rock.And when I am saying ~Rock~,I mean in excess of 500 tons,set in a 30% slope on top of this mountian. The engineering skill shows in the nearby mini-quarry nearby.If you wish more details e-mail me. or call at 1-850-576-4599 My name is mike. Thank you .
umglebemu

Interesting

Post Number:#2  Postby avantais » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:18 am

Sounds incredible, think you could snap some pictures and post them up? I'd love to see what it looks like!
avantais

never give up

Post Number:#3  Postby Kanabite » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:12 pm

Mike, I was struck with the fact you mentioned you were 11. when you found this stone .there is a scripture somewhere that says something like{these things are hidden from the wise and prudent and given unto babes} so my advise to you is don't ever give up even if others think you are crazy at times if you stick with it long enough one day it will all make sense.... it may take along time but I have faith and I have never even been to Maine..good luck....bob
Kanabite

Re: Norumbega caverns, Maine coast

Post Number:#4  Postby hogheavenfarm » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:56 pm

interesting alright,

this covers all I found on sea caves in this area

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/38941/38 ... HAPTER_III
The study of probabilities and statistics simply proves that NOTHING is impossible...
hogheavenfarm

Return to Caves, Other