Sign of Masonary & Mormonism?

Discussions based on the Knights Templar ...

Sign of Masonary & Mormonism?

Post Number:#1  Postby mahalla2 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:05 am

Recently I noticed an image on a rock ledge (photo from new issue of National Geographic) above the hand of a young Mormon girl that appears to be the mark (although primitive and rather light) or symbol of Free Masonary (looks like an M with a diamond shape above the middle of the letter). In the past few years, I have personally seen variations of this symbol in Native American designs and rock art througout the Western U.S. Could this be a clue that the Knights Templar (or Knights of King Solomon) were actually in America long before Columbus and if so, why were they here? Also, could the link between Mormonism and Masonary be more than just the knowledge that Joseph Smith had aspired to be a Free Mason? Here is a link to the photo in the magazine however one would need to look at the actual copy of the February issue in order to clearly see the image I am referring to - thanks. (http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2010/ ... f-contents)
The Beauty of Our Ancient Past is "Hidden in Plain Sight"
mahalla2

Re: Sign of Masonary & Mormonism?

Post Number:#2  Postby Whyte Eagle » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Is this the image you are refering to? If so I'd like to point out that this is not a pic of young Mormon girls ...

The article this is taken from is on life within the FLDS community which are not Mormons. The caption under the image reads :

Female FLDS members wear modest attire—ankle-length prairie dresses—even while swimming. "It can get kind of cold," says Verda Shapley, 19, reaching for a cable trolley with her sisters at a pond near Hildale. "We do everything together," says their father, William (at left). "The foundation of this life is your belief in a life after this. Where are we going after this life? That's the big question."

I'm not so sure the symbol on the cliff face behind the girls is a man made symbol ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#3  Postby mrjimsfc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:06 pm

There is a rope swing just out of the picture that she is reaching for. You can see the shadow of it on the rock wall behind them.
"Nobody wants to listen to the voice of reason when there's a good hysteria to be had. Humans are like that."
mrjimsfc

Post Number:#4  Postby mrjimsfc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:08 pm

Oops! Sorry, that's the shadow of a cable that I see. :oops:
"Nobody wants to listen to the voice of reason when there's a good hysteria to be had. Humans are like that."
mrjimsfc

Post Number:#5  Postby sanpete » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:24 am

Joseph Smith was a 32 degree mason and Uncle Brigham Young was a 33 degree mason.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#6  Postby mahalla2 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:25 pm

yes, this is the image and it still looks like a carved message into the rock ledge to me however - who knows?
The Beauty of Our Ancient Past is "Hidden in Plain Sight"
mahalla2

Post Number:#7  Postby Azkid0982 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:12 pm

mahalla2 wrote:yes, this is the image and it still looks like a carved message into the rock ledge to me however - who knows?

That's not a message. I've been to that place several times and that is naturally occurring in the rock
Azkid0982

Return to Knights Templar