Mystery glyph connection?

Discussion of Spanish groups and exploration around the world ...

Mystery glyph connection?

Post Number:#1  Postby bonuntr » Wed May 30, 2012 1:13 pm

I was reading about the Mystery glyphs on this website and was shocked I had never heard about them before, (I live near the Fillmore area in Utah). Long story short:

A friend of mine in the 1990's found some Spanish signs in the Corn Creek area near Kanosh, Ut. For years he searched the area to no avail. He, my late father, (Orean Barney), my brother and I, camped in the area for 10 days in 1996. My father found a depression that was not of natural origin. We came back to the area with 2 cases of dynamite, (before 911, I don't think getting powder would be as easy as it used to be before 911). He put the whole charge in a dugout that we made near the depression to clear the tunnel if there was any. (I might add, my father was an explosive expert and worked for many mining companies throughout his lifetime, besides his own mining interests). When the dust and debri settled, he had opened up a tunnel that looked far too dangerous to check out at the time. Our friend worked the tunnel for several years until he opened it up enough to feel safe going in. He had many assays done on the tunnel and surrounding areas, to no avail. The formations that it was in were of Cretaceous sediments, that looked to have no possibility of any precious minerals being present. Upon entering the drift, (slight downward decline), you can walk approx. 40 feet before getting into water, the drift continues until you have to swim through to the other side, where it once again is dry. From that point on, it is caved in. He has, since that time, had some of the curves that life throws at us all, and has not continued to try and clear the tunnel. Anyone think there is a connection possibly with the Mystery glyphs, or is this a tunnel to nowhere? If so, why in the world would anyone build it? I have always been curious about it, and this seems to be the website for all of us curious folk...

So many mysteries here on earth...so little time....
So many mysteries on earth...so little time here...
bonuntr

Re: Mystery glyph connection?

Post Number:#2  Postby KsTHer » Thu May 31, 2012 8:50 am

Bonuntr,

At what elevation is the tunnel?

KsTHer
KsTHer

Post Number:#3  Postby bonuntr » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:25 pm

I Google earthed it, at approx. 6,660 feet at the entrance. What does this mean?
So many mysteries on earth...so little time here...
bonuntr

Post Number:#4  Postby Whyte Eagle » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:37 pm

I have received a couple of reports of a Mystery Glyph panel being located in the Kanosh area ... but have never found one there to date. A few of the Mystery Glyph panels do have small cave like shelters associated with them, I don't know if what you've found may have any ties to the Mystery Glyphs or not but if it is in the mountains to the East of Kanosh (being located at 6600 feet), then there may be a good chance possibly since there is a panel not far away in Fillmore which is also in that mountain range.
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#5  Postby KsTHer » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:08 pm

bonuntr wrote:I Google earthed it, at approx. 6,660 feet at the entrance. What does this mean?

I was playing with the idea that this area could have been under water at some distant time in the past. In that area, I believe that the level of water may have been higher (theory only). If it was higher, then that would place the date at a later time as tunneling would not have been possible if the water level was higher. As I said, this is theory, so it may be nothing. If the water level in the area was higher (in antiquity), then the tunnel could be Spanish or newer. If the water level was just under the tunnel's level in antiquity, it could have been much older. (Think Fremont, Anasazi, Nephite, Jaredite or Aztec - again theory.) There is a lot of interesting unrecorded history in Central Utah. In your general area, I had been told that the water level was about 8500 feet in antiquity. I am unsure of this, but if true, it could possibly be used to steer you towards an answer.

Ron
KsTHer

Post Number:#6  Postby Whyte Eagle » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:48 pm

ksther wrote:I was playing with the idea that this area could have been under water at some distant time in the past. In that area, I believe that the level of water may have been higher (theory only). If it was higher, then that would place the date at a later time as tunneling would not have been possible if the water level was higher. As I said, this is theory, so it may be nothing. If the water level in the area was higher (in antiquity), then the tunnel could be Spanish or newer. If the water level was just under the tunnel's level in antiquity, it could have been much older. (Think Fremont, Anasazi, Nephite, Jaredite or Aztec - again theory.) There is a lot of interesting unrecorded history in Central Utah. In your general area, I had been told that the water level was about 8500 feet in antiquity. I am unsure of this, but if true, it could possibly be used to steer you towards an answer.

That's a good point KsTHer ... There was only one body of water which could made an impact on the time line in the area of Kanosh and that would have been Lake Bonneville ... There were only three shorelines it left behind in the time line that it was present the highest only reaching to 5,220 feet above sea level and those were :

Bonneville 5,220
Provo 4,840
Stansbury 4,445

So as far as possible being under water at some point I think it would be safe to say that this location probably was not unless there were a localized body of water that existed in the area ... also the south end of Lake Bonneville was futher to the west of Kanosh ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#7  Postby sanpete » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Sanpete county 5586 average
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#8  Postby KsTHer » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:00 pm

My 8500 ft elevation figure was in error, but the point is that it was located above the water level of Lake Bonneville and could have been very old. It would have been possible that it could have been a location for a burial vault (think Brewer cave). It also has a water trap (think Kanab area), therefore it is possible that at some point in its history, it could have been a cache site. Could it be associated with the Mystery Glyphs? Quite possibly! Utah seems to have a history of cache sites which seem to be places that the Aztec used to hide treasures from the Spanish. If the tunnel were in a lower level under what would at an earlier time have been under water, that would rule out anything in antiquity (several thousand years??) depending on the area. Not knowing as much about the area as I would like to, I am only guessing at what such a tunnel could be for. I would say that you should not rule out an association with the Mystery Glyphs. :89:
KsTHer

Post Number:#9  Postby Uley Bauer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:49 pm

Having little information & no photos to go on, I'd Ike to offer another possibility. There could've been a glacier parked over the site in ancient times that may have made tunnels as it melted?
Uley Bauer

Return to Spanish