How did the Spanish Come to America?

Discussion of Spanish groups and exploration around the world ...

How did the Spanish Come to America?

Post Number:#1  Postby Mendocino » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:51 am

My cuestion is: how the first spanish conquistadors came to America, found gold and silver?

What method they use?

How r they do?

is any book that explain this subject?

Thank u guys for the time.
Mendocino

Re: How did the Spanish Come to America?

Post Number:#2  Postby Uley Bauer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:16 am

You've asked a very intelligent question! I asked the same question & found the answer in the technology of the day since there were no known books that wrote about what went on & what were they doing & why. After a lot of research, a startling picture emerged showing a completely different one than what I was thinking. History did not record that part of America & therefore left a void, which is what you are looking at. Well good luck in your endeavors.
Uley Bauer

Post Number:#3  Postby bonuntr » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:48 pm

I have read several books that state the Spanish used dowsing to locate gold, silver, and other precious metals. Google "De re metallica", they were known to use the techniques in this book, (written by German Georgius Agricola) Alas, I have had no luck dowsing, but have known people who swear by it.
So many mysteries on earth...so little time here...
bonuntr

Post Number:#4  Postby Uley Bauer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:21 pm

Some priest's logs I read revealed a more practical way of locating minerals in a foreign land. They brought along an ore sample to show the natives along the way. This simple method saved countless days & months searching through the mountains. The priests were trained geologist also.
Uley Bauer

Post Number:#5  Postby Uley Bauer » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:53 pm

They, Kings, etc., were highly motivated for money & exploration as conquering their neighbors had become too problem-matic, and there were some small countries that easily became rich thru foreign trading with ocean-like ships. So, thru their technology of compass, astrolabe, charts, math, & so on, they sailed far beyond their flat world to places like our known America. (America had been discovered many times before.) When here they exploited anything they could systematicly thru their technology & religion. This is what I found & if you research, then you can fill in the blanks in my above description. Good luck.
Uley Bauer

Return to Spanish