Iberian artifacts unearthed in Wisconsin mining region

Discussions of artifacts that don't fit the criteria of any of the other topics ...

Iberian artifacts unearthed in Wisconsin mining region

Post Number:#1  Postby Stonecrest » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:21 am

These pieces and others were found in an old lead/copper and zinc mining region of southwest Wisconsin in 2014. The site is adjacent to an old trail system and major waterway that covers 55 miles east to west. The site is located on a ridge and there are abandoned lead and copper mines in the immediate area.

I have successfully matched 14 symbols(12 on the limestone tablet and 2 on the terracotta seal) with known Iberian writing. There is an effigy on the seal which resembles one of the known goddesses from that culture.
The tablet has writing which has to be gall ink, which is acidic and fades to brown over a lengthy period of time. Such is the case, as some of the symbols are faded, some may not be visible to the human vision spectrum and would need UV light to expose the hidden symbols. With the limestone being a base and the ink being acidic; they buffer each other and also being in neutral pH soil the writing is still pristine. Note closely the obvious direction of the stylus as each symbol was drawn, as this influences the pronunciation of the word represented by the symbol. There is a helmeted man, facing left; in the lower left. Directly below the helmeted man is a griffin. This caused me to use the duality dialect of Iberian language and upon do so, I met with better results when matching symbols.
The seal is of terracotta and is raised relief with a written symbol in the center...'S'. This is exclusively Iberian in nature, as it is an 's' over an 's'. It is directly over the deity. In the upper left of the seal are three and possibly five different symbols. Only one of which I have found.

Now,...on the tablet appears three symbols resembling the numeral five. Having done extensive searching, I have concluded these to be the earliest known alchemy symbols for lead. In the 1300's(earliest printed material showing alchemy symbols) lead was represented by the numeral '5' with a crossbar on the top signifying toxicity(who and where did those people get there inspiration from when making those symbols?). Also noting this area as being an old mining region for lead, there are three steps to the processing of lead ore(galena "Latin") in as much as lead ore is the basic material, so is the first symbol basic. After the first smelter of the ore, it separates the ore from the rock and is poured off with impurities, second symbol. This is followed by a final melting of the lead and the impurities are skimmed off, producing lead bullion, third symbol. Each step more refined as is each symbol resembling the numeral is more refined from the other.
Why would they need a seal if there was only one mining camp? There were quite likely many more.

History recorded that Champlain had a protégé named Brule. He lived with the local tribes for a period of four years and rejoined Champlain. In his journals he wrote his observation and question posed to the local native people "Who built the roads?" to which they replied "The Spanish" the year was 1607.
As we all know the Iberian Peninsula is known as Spain, but only named such after the Romans invaded in 300BC. But the Iberian language ceased within a few short years of that invasion. Iberians also built roads and they were agriculturalists, miners and metallurgists. Well know for their metallurgy and artistry.
In 1492, we all know who sailed the ocean blue. But he comes from the same region as the dialect used in the writing on the tablet and seal. Could he have used an old sailing chart that was hidden away from the Romans and then later discovered. The Iberians never disclosed any of their sailing charts to the Romans, but I would contend they heard stories and probably got someone to talk.
In 1811, Shulls enters southwest Wisconsin and asks the local woodland tribe, 'where are the mines' and they showed him. The local natives had no use for metals, other than for trinkets. At this time Wisconsin began it's mining industry.
Something of important note is the documented DNA tracing of Native American Indians showing a very distinct Iberian bloodline.

I believe I have found first evidence of Iberian occupation, settlement and mining in America and the earliest known alchemy(chemistry) symbols for lead. And, I believe I know the travel routes taken within the immediate area, which may lead to more discovery of other mining camps, roads and waterways used.
Attachments
IMGA0021.JPG
terracotta seal4
IMGA0021.JPG (516.76 KiB) Viewed 419 times
IMGA0019.JPG
terracotta seal3
IMGA0019.JPG (441.47 KiB) Viewed 419 times
IMGA0018.JPG
terracotta seal2
IMGA0018.JPG (538.57 KiB) Viewed 419 times
IMGA0017.JPG
raised relief terracotta seal
IMGA0017.JPG (440.76 KiB) Viewed 419 times
IMGA0004.JPG
limestone tablet 'dry'
IMGA0004.JPG (505.43 KiB) Viewed 419 times
IMGA0003 (3).JPG
limestone tablet 'wetted'
IMGA0003 (3).JPG (312.64 KiB) Viewed 419 times
Stonecrest

Re: Iberian artifacts unearthed in Wisconsin mining region

Post Number:#2  Postby Uley Bauer » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:20 pm

Berry Fell wrote about America BC.
Uley Bauer

Post Number:#3  Postby Stonecrest » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Uley Bauer wrote:Berry Fell wrote about America BC.

I can't seem to locate any reference of Iberian culture in Barry Fell litersture . Can you be so kind and direct me there?
Stonecrest

Post Number:#4  Postby Uley Bauer » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:42 pm

When I get the time, I'll have to check the internet. The Berry Fell books had been sent to the thrift stores at my down-sizing ceremony!
Uley Bauer

Post Number:#5  Postby mahalla22 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:12 pm

Barry Fell's book America, BC is what made me a believer. There were many references to ancient maritime people who left their inscriptions here in America. I still have the book and can post information in regards to the Iberians when home from vacation.
mahalla22

Post Number:#6  Postby Stonecrest » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:54 am

Please post any evidence Dr. Fell references as exclusively Iberian, especially photographs. Celtiberian is an earlier culture and separates itself from Iberian cultures of the east west south and southwest languages of the Iberian peninsula prior to Carthaginian invasion.
Thank you for your help.
Stonecrest

Post Number:#7  Postby Morningstar » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:06 pm

In Barry Fell's America B.C. he references Punic Iberian and Celt Iberian.
He does, however, show an Iberian comparison chart of the alphabets of the Bourne stone of Massachusetts and Southern Spain.
~Sakari Morningstar
Morningstar
Site Admin

Return to Artifacts, Other