Carbon Dating Results

Discussion relating to the events surrounding the discovery of Brewers Cave ...

Re: Carbon Dating Results

Post Number:#26  Postby KsTHer » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:19 pm

littlered,

May I suggest that you try reading up on the Burrow's Cave. There are some parallels which are significant, or they may even be related seeing as we are not certain about all of the past history of either site. If there is any tie between the two sites, there may be some very interesting past history yet to be expounded upon. If not, then there is still a lot to be learned about each site. Perhaps you may want to google search for pictures of the artifacts from both sites and include the "Soper - Savage Collection" in your search as well. The Soper Savage Collection is from Michigan and the Burrow's Cave is in southern Illinois. If there is a connection, you can see why the Brewer's Cave is significant. The pictures of the artifacts appear to be similar in makeup (similar stones) and context (actual drawings are similar and similar characters {alphabetical or runic, etc.} are used).

Ron
KsTHer

Post Number:#27  Postby Terry L Carter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:27 pm

Non of the Brewers Cave artifacts look like the Burrows or Soper Savage artifacts. There is a lot of fraud and mis-information out there.

KsTHer wrote:littlered,

May I suggest that you try reading up on the Burrow's Cave. There are some parallels which are significant, or they may even be related seeing as we are not certain about all of the past history of either site. If there is any tie between the two sites, there may be some very interesting past history yet to be expounded upon. If not, then there is still a lot to be learned about each site. Perhaps you may want to google search for pictures of the artifacts from both sites and include the "Soper - Savage Collection" in your search as well. The Soper Savage Collection is from Michigan and the Burrow's Cave is in southern Illinois. If there is a connection, you can see why the Brewer's Cave is significant. The pictures of the artifacts appear to be similar in makeup (similar stones) and context (actual drawings are similar and similar characters {alphabetical or runic, etc.} are used).

Ron
Terry L Carter

Post Number:#28  Postby KsTHer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Thanks, Terry.

Recently, I came to much the same conclusion.

Ron
KsTHer

Post Number:#29  Postby Terry L Carter » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:57 pm

sanpet wrote:Here we go again-johnny brewer and all his bs. I Know some people who were screwed out of $2,700. each on his counterfeit work. To bad that one of them broke into his house and found all of his tools, rock and medals under his bed and other places. I personally knew johnny brewer not well but enough to know not to have any money doings with him.

Brewer did make some fraud plates, but Carl never paid 1 cent let alone $2,700.00 dollars. Brewer did borrow money from someone there in the Sanpete valley and he gave the guy the gold plates he had as collateral. Brewer did sell some fraud plates to a person in Idaho. Sanpet if you do know some people that lost money to Brewer on his artifacts I would like to talk to them, but Carl wasn't one of them.
Terry L Carter

Post Number:#30  Postby sanpet » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Terry L Carter wrote:
sanpet wrote:Here we go again-johnny brewer and all his bs. I Know some people who were screwed out of $2,700. each on his counterfeit work. To bad that one of them broke into his house and found all of his tools, rock and medals under his bed and other places. I personally knew johnny brewer not well but enough to know not to have any money doings with him.

Brewer did make some fraud plates, but Carl never paid 1 cent let alone $2,700.00 dollars. Brewer did borrow money from someone there in the Sanpete valley and he gave the guy the gold plates he had as collateral. Brewer did sell some fraud plates to a person in Idaho. Sanpet if you do know some people that lost money to Brewer on his artifacts I would like to talk to them, but Carl wasn't one of them.

Terry Roger Stewart bought a plate from brewer and he paid $2,700.00 for it. Roger was the best friend I have ever had. We grew up together He and I hunted the west mountains and explored the Sandpitch Mountains which is the west mountains. There was not a squar foot of them mountains between Pole Canyon noth od Fountain Green south to Gunnison. We have found some old mines going back to around 1860. BTW that plate was fake. Some were on one of thses treasure sits there is a photo of it and a few words about it It uses my name in it, nothing about it true. If I can find it I will try to send it to you.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpet

Post Number:#31  Postby Terry L Carter » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks Sanpete, If you can find a picture of it I would like to see it. How did Rodger know it was a fake?
Terry L Carter

Post Number:#32  Postby Lostaslost » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Sanpet you say that this Roger paid $2700 dollars for the plate. I am thinking this would not have been to bad if the plate was gold. Then where diod Brewer get the money to buy a gold plate. buying something just on say so would be tough. surely he would have bought a gold plate. You just said a plate. that could be a lead plate for all I know. A copper plate makes no difference. Silver may have interested me but I wouls surely have to had a idea it was for real. But then you guys ran around and knew everyone in your area. So Roger was the first to have ghotten taken. Like terry said how did you know he had taken you. who says so and whop tested the plate. Even as what happened in Minisotas as Morning star pointed out they disproved the guy. Now days they know it is a true thing. Unfortunately back then the guy had tried to clean the writting out with a nail. This scrated the surface and bingo it was proven fake. With today teck they know full well it is a true thing dasted 1398 with two dates and some kind of coded letters that are not used and or even known about until recently. They have found the same writing on grave stones of Templers that are anchiet and or certainly back aways.

Lost
Lostaslost

Post Number:#33  Postby zelph » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Something that keeps poping back into my mind is the statement made concerning brewer putting everything back in his cave and yet we hear over and over again about items in private collection that are said to be from his cave. How is that possible if he put it all back.

If the items we hear about are the ones that were stolen from him and not returned then we can consider the people that are in possession of them "thieves"

They should be given back to the remaining family members....the righteous thing to do ;) Or, stop referring to them as being from Brewers cave.

After some discussion we were granted permission to let one of our archaeologists from the AHRF to remove a small sample from the bark to perform some testing to see if it would be possible to obtain a date for the artifact. Needless to say, the test results were nothing short of amazing. The bark which had encased the box at the time John Brewer found it dated back to between 5 BC and 390 BC!

As I stated in another thread, the pitch applied would have rendered the bark to be contaminated and not worthy of carbon dating.
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND ZELPHS BLOG Do it yourself stoves.
zelph

Post Number:#34  Postby Terry L Carter » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Zelph
You are right, the first carbon dating done on the bark was contaminated, we went deep into the layers for our bark sample. This was talked about at our symposium held at BYU. We are working on adding these lectures to the AHRF web site.
Terry L Carter

Post Number:#35  Postby zelph » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:09 pm

Terry L Carter wrote:

It's interesting to read how much fraud is connected to John Brewer(Brewers Cave) and Russel Burrows (Burrows Cave)
ZELPHS-STOVEWORKS Home of quality lightweight backpacking stoves. AND ZELPHS BLOG Do it yourself stoves.
zelph

Post Number:#36  Postby sanpet » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Zelph One was Roger Stewart my best friend. He drowened in Flaming George in 1990 I think. I will not give any info as to his next of kin. They have been contacked more than enough. :(
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpet

Post Number:#37  Postby zelph » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:13 pm

sanpet wrote:Zelph One was Roger Stewart my best friend. He drowened in Flaming George in 1990 I think. I will not give any info as to his next of kin. They have been contacked more than enough. :(

Lots of sadness involved with this whole treasure search thing. I'm saddened by the loss of your friend. This past year I suffered the same kind of loss. :(

I think it's time for me to put my inquiries to rest.

Too many unanswered questions.
zelph

Previous

Return to Brewers Cave