Frank James?

Discussions of ancient petroglyphs and related items ...

Frank James?

Post Number:#1  Postby dishpan » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:28 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (3.11 MiB) Viewed 719 times
I appreciate any opinions, thanks.
dishpan

Re: Frank James?

Post Number:#2  Postby KsTHer » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:47 pm

I doubt a Frank James connection, but not totally. If the photo was taken in New Mexico, Colorado or east of there... I could see a possibility. If west of there, I would need some documentation giving credibility for Frank James having been there. If south of the border in Old Mexico, it could be possible as well. If you know of any of Frank James travels taking him to Arizona, Utah, California, Nevada or any other western state, please let me know.

What I do see is a set of initials and an ancient petroglyph panel. What looks like a possible FJ to you may in fact be a part of the petroglyph panel. I am still undecided on that.

I suggest that you get a copy of La Van Martineau's book, "The Rocks Begin to Speak" and study it. What I see in the panel suggests a grave site in the area and directions on how to get to it. It is more than likely an ancient Indian burial site.

Just my humble opinion...

KsTHer
KsTHer

Post Number:#3  Postby dishpan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:27 pm

Thanks KsTHer,

I will definitely check out that book. The rock is in New Mexico, I think it's basalt (very hard, modern graffiti barely scratches it). The brightness of the initials makes me think they are newer than the indian glyphs, but certainly not brand-new. How the initials were created looks similar to the ancient style to me, not some passer-by with a pocket knife.
That is very interesting about the burial ground, I look forward to learning about the symbols... and knowing where to not go poking around. :?
dishpan

Post Number:#4  Postby Darby » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:31 pm

Not convinced it is an F but the J does look like an initial, rather than like the petroglyphs. It looks to me like someone else signed their initials to the older panel.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (164.98 KiB) Viewed 700 times
Darby

Post Number:#5  Postby sanpete » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:23 am

What is that in the lower right?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
sanpete

Post Number:#6  Postby dishpan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:04 am

sanpet, do you mean the petroglyph below the one that looks like a turkey? To me, it looks like a platypus or an alligator...
dishpan

Return to Petroglyphs