Who believes these glyphs were written by Moroni?

Discussion regarding the Mystery Glyphs of the Western United States ...

Post Number:#1  Postby Taylor » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:48 am

I believe that Moroni did write them as a Mortal, not as an angelic being.
If any of you want to share your Opinions as to why you believe these written by Moroni, I would love to hear them.
Taylor

Re: Who believes these glyphs were written by Moroni?

Post Number:#2  Postby Trigace » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:39 pm

I think that if Moroni wrote any of those mystery glyphs, he did it as a mortal. What would be the point for him to write them as an angelic being? Wasn't it Moroni, when he was traveling, after the Nephites had been annihilated, that he dedicated the Manti Temple site for a future temple? Some, including me, think that he traveled from Central America up through Utah and then over to New York's Hill Cumorah to bury the gold plates. The many mystery glyph sites could have been along the route he took. His trip could have taken many years. The last battle was in 387 AD but he didn't bury the plates until 421 AD. So he may have lived in the Utah area for several years before going to New York.
Trigace

Post Number:#3  Postby Whyte Eagle » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:48 am

Moroni being the author of the Mystery Glyphs is one of the many theories that have been put out there over the years, but it is still only a theory ...

Most of that theory comes from the translation Josa Davila gave of the Fillmore site which he interpeted what we refer to as the signature symbol as translating out to say "Moroni". That translation so far has been inconclusive though.

I have no doubt that this particular symbol was a signature symbol, and it might very well be that of Moroni ... however ... there are about 8 or so varying signature symbols.

The Moroni symbol from Fillmore did once have a hand print on it as the pic from 1925 shows, and we've found other signature symbols of different types with hand prints on them as well ... so if these truly are signatures, then one can assume there are a handful of authors, one for each signature at least. To date we have 8 or 9 different hand prints.

Moroni could very well have been one of those authors, and would be very interesting to say the least should it turn out to be such ...
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#4  Postby Taylor » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Yes, that is one thing that used to trouble me....The Proof that their are other symbols that appear to be signatures.
Until Recently, I have come across a new Idea....
If you have read Jerry Ainsworth's Book THE LIVES AND TRAVELS OF MORMON AND MORONI, you will learn that their were 24 other people with Moroni, after the great battle. It is of my belief that these other signatures could have been from some of the 24 people that were still with Moroni after the Last battle. But those 24 people died long before Moroni got to the Hill in Upstate New York.

I have been In contact with Jerry Ainsworth for a year now, and have learned a lot...I agree with him, and you....that Moroni came up from Southern Mexico/the Yucatan(where the Mayans were) and traveled to New York from there.

Lets keep posting, we can work together to solve, and/or gain new ideas.
Taylor

Post Number:#5  Postby Whyte Eagle » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Taylor wrote:Yes, that is one thing that used to trouble me....The Proof that their are other symbols that appear to be signatures.
Until Recently, I have come across a new Idea....

If you have read Jerry Ainsworth's Book THE LIVES AND TRAVELS OF MORMON AND MORONI, you will learn that their were 24 other people with Moroni, after the great battle. It is of my belief that these other signatures could have been from some of the 24 people that were still with Moroni after the Last battle. But those 24 people died long before Moroni got to the Hill in Upstate New York.

Yes, Moroni was not completely alone in the beginnings of his wandering ... the exact number who traveled with him at that time is an unknown however.

Taylor wrote:I have been In contact with Jerry Ainsworth for a year now, and have learned a lot...I agree with him, and you....that Moroni came up from Southern Mexico/the Yucatan(where the Mayans were) and traveled to New York from there.

Taylor, when you say "I agree with him, and you", I'm assuming you are referring to Trigace and Ainsworth. Ainsworth's book places BoM events in Central / South America, when they most likely occurred else where ... http://www.BookOfMormonEvidence.org ... I am more aligned with Rod Meldrum in that the BoM events occurred in the North American upper mid-West, but that is a topic for different discussion.
Whyte Eagle
Site Admin

Post Number:#6  Postby Taylor » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:55 pm

White Eagle, I am interested in hearing about the BofM lands being in the Upper Mid West of the United States....I am Open to any theory's. If you could set up a place on this website, where we could talk about that subject, I would be very interested in hearing what you know...about where the book of Mormon Lands could have been.
Taylor

Post Number:#7  Postby Taylor » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:56 pm

My Bad, your User Name is Whyte Eagle....Not White Eagle. :D
Taylor

Return to Mystery Glyphs